dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
In fact, it seems Japan isn't releasing an August set, which is off of their one set per month thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Scarlet/Violet base sees a worldwide release in February.
No August set and no november set, since Vstar Universe only releases in december. Wonder how we will get whatever new cards they put in it since it will release after our last SWSH set.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
After 25 years, will they finally sync the releases?

There is 0 reason not to. The only other consideration is translation, which doesn't take long at all since this site translates the entire set in hours.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
This news of Alolan Vulpix getting a VStar reminds me of when we got the news that Slowpoke & Psyduck were getting a Tag Team GX. Both occurred/occurring towards the end of their era too.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Remember the motto "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". Exactly what percent of the pokemon community does not like Charizard cards? I don't know the answer to that but we can guess the numbers are too small for the TPC to care. As long as Charizard is sought-after, that's all that matter. I would blame this disease "nostalgia" (AKA I don't wanna grow up, I am a Toys'R'Us kid) for spiking Charizard popularity.

Nirvanna21

Mew.
They are just out of ideas.

Charizard is an easy way for them to make money - and that's a really pathetic reflection on the people buying cards.

Here is the thing though, it can't just be the money. If they wanted actual money? Print those unreleased Japanese exclusive cards for English. Now there is money. Plenty of people here (myself included) would spend money to get them in English.

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer
pokemon has gone so overboard with printing shining charizards they just mean nothing to me at this point. Anyone remember when shinings where special because it’s been a long timecat this point. If your gonna keep making shinings at least make them of ones we have never gotten like I Giratina!!!

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Here is the thing though, it can't just be the money. If they wanted actual money? Print those unreleased Japanese exclusive cards for English. Now there is money. Plenty of people here (myself included) would spend money to get them in English.
I was thinking earlier today how I wouldn't mind a format called classic, with sets that just have Pokemon from the first two generations reprinted, or maybe do an Evolutions thing with them. Maybe Evolutions should be the start of its own format.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe they're purposefully trying to flood the market with so many Charizard cards that people start to lose interest, helping to balance pricing eventually.

Ern05001

Aspiring Trainer
Comparing the Alolan Vulpix getting quote special treatment as precedented by Eevee and Pikachu isn't exactly quite right because they have gigantimax forms in the games, so they needed to have cards featuring those forms. Vulpix will be the first preevo without a special form to receive this treatment
Ashs Pikachu Got a japan exclusive lv x which is like the vulpix in this case

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Of course when there's some unique card, like a possible VStar Alolan Vulpix character rare with Lillie--which is what has my interest--but there's also a mention of a shiny Charizard, people lose their collective minds over Charizard because that's the thing to do on Pokebeach.
63f.jpg

Charizards, whether shiny or not, will always happen. I can't be bothered to be upset by that every single time. What I do like hearing is that character rares seem to be continuing. Those have piqued my interest in modern TCG sets far more than anything else in the past 4 years. (And even then, that's not saying much for the SM sets before Team Up.)

Octosun

Aspiring Trainer
Comparing the Alolan Vulpix getting quote special treatment as precedented by Eevee and Pikachu isn't exactly quite right because they have gigantimax forms in the games, so they needed to have cards featuring those forms. Vulpix will be the first preevo without a special form to receive this treatment
I wonder if it has to do with the Aloan Vulpix mission in legends.