Professor Willow’s FA, Rare Candy, and More Revealed in ‘Pokemon GO’ Commercial; All Secret Rares Known!

Seeing that Slowpoke is confirmed to be number 19, it is yet to be seen whether Slowbro or Slowking take up the number 20 spot. And the promo also confirms the fact that Spinarak and Ariados are number 6 and 7 respectively.

Is there a chance this is the set that Kadabra returns? Its been 18 months since the story broke that TPCI could print Kadabra again.

I could be wrong, but I'm very confident that Mewtwo V full art is the promo in our elite trainer boxes. Wouldn't that mean there's something else in there that we're missing/don't know about yet?

Is there a chance this is the set that Kadabra returns? Its been 18 months since the story broke that TPCI could print Kadabra again.
Dont think so, and I think if they ever would do that, they would do it in a 30 year special

You've triggered the demon.
But in short, Rare Candy makes Stage 2 Pokemon into "Stage 1, but need a Trainer".
...jesus.

In case you"re confused in regards to Prof. Willow research? do not forget the pokemon center promotion. At that time, the f mark did not exist yet. It is odd for a promo to be released as a de-print, but then again, one card's in a similar boat...

Rare Candy? Dark regulation mark...
The Rare Candy mark obviously isn't super clear, but the shape is distinct enough to say that it's an F. But that's all that it can be anyway.

I think the problem is less that Rare Candy is badly designed, and more that it's a band aid as most evolving stage 1's are badly designed, which is made worse by stage 2's having low enough HP to be easily OHKO'd by basic multiprizers. The solution is to have more useful evolving stage 1's, like Shady Dealings Drizzle, Sun-Drenched Shell Grotle, Dynamotor Flaaffy, Adaptive Evolution Metapod, etc etc and/or to at least give the stage 2's better longevity (like the upcoming Dark Phantasma Machamp once it's ability is live... now if only Daunting Pose Machoke came back to Standard...).

Abra and Kadabra will not be in this set as confirmed by Mewtwo V being the first Psychic card in this set. But I wouldn't rule out a return for them both before the final Sword and Shield set.

Nah. TPC (remember that TPCi is a subsidiary) is too cautious and as a result will just avoid the "risk" no matter what. Kadabra will never return to the TCG.

Nah. TPC (remember that TPCi is a subsidiary) is too cautious and as a result will just avoid the "risk" no matter what. Kadabra will never return to the TCG.
Isn't it just easier to modify Kadabra's art a little (i.e. remove spoon for a magic wand, remove the three red lightning and rename the japanese name). Problem solve.

Huh, somehow never knew about this Kadabra debacle. Sucks, because it looks so much cooler than Alakazam and I would like to see more card art of it.

Edit: That also explains why we have an Abra that can directly evolve into Alakazam, with no Kadabra in said set (Mysterious Treasures), and that was also a while ago. Shame, Abra is adorable.

Oh apparently he sent an email to Nintendo, but still.

Actually, hasn't Kadabra still appeared in the anime and it definitely appears in the games. Why was the TCG so offensive?

Oh apparently he sent an email to Nintendo, but still.

Actually, hasn't Kadabra still appeared in the anime and it definitely appears in the games. Why was the TCG so offensive?
Pretty sure it hasn't appeared in the anime since. As for the games, there's a reason Everstone doesn't work on it.

Back