JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate were revealed from the upcoming set Pokemon GO, which releases in Japan on June 17th and internationally on July 1st.
Alolan Rattata – Darkness – HP40
Basic Pokemon
[C][C] Hyper Fang: 50 damage. Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.
Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Alolan Raticate – Darkness – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Alolan Rattata
[D] Chase Up: Search your deck for a card and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C][C] Super Fang: Put damage counters on your opponent’s Active Pokemon until its remaining HP is 10...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
we've had a couple raticates in the past with the same or similar attacks as this one. the boundaries crossed was the last one with the super fang attack i think, and at that time we also had hypnotoxic laser for the same turn ko.

problem with the old ones was the attack was 2 or 3 energy and they had basically nothing for hp. this one still has the energy problem but about double the hp, not sure if we have an easy way to inflict poison/burn for the same turn ko though.

so this can be good if it gets the right supports it needs

Dragon

TheDragonEmpire
we've had a couple of raticates in the past with the same or similar attacks as this one. the boundaries crossed were the last one with the super fang attack I think, and at that time we also had a hypnotic laser for the same turn ko.

problem with the old ones was the attack was 2 or 3 energy and they had nothing for hp. this one still has the energy problem but about double the hp, not sure if we have an easy way to inflict poison/burn for the same turn ko though.

Galarian Slowbro V? It poisons (ik it will rotate soon)

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
we've had a couple raticates in the past with the same or similar attacks as this one. the boundaries crossed was the last one with the super fang attack i think, and at that time we also had hypnotoxic laser for the same turn ko.

problem with the old ones was the attack was 2 or 3 energy and they had basically nothing for hp. this one still has the energy problem but about double the hp, not sure if we have an easy way to inflict poison/burn for the same turn ko though.

so this can be good if it gets the right supports it need
Team yell horn is another, although it'll rotate soon. You could use this also with the absol from astral radiance to bring everything down to 10 hp then sweep the board with absol.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm

Raticate break from break point*

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Twin/DTE + Dark Patch gets you there with the Raticate, but may be inconsistent to pull off. It'd be sick if you could. Galarian Slowbro V is this guy's most natural partner undoubtedly.

I'm just glad GO is coming out w fun cards and options builders can mess around with.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Nice to see that alolan forms still are able to turn up. However I would prefer it if we could have like a delta sign on the regional forms so we can make the support for regional forms more easily universal

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
I would have prefered this to show up in darkness ablaze. With fast 2prizers this is too inconsistent

pikal

Aspiring Trainer
Twin/DTE + Dark Patch gets you there with the Raticate, but may be inconsistent to pull off. It'd be sick if you could. Galarian Slowbro V is this guy's most natural partner undoubtedly.

I'm just glad GO is coming out w fun cards and options builders can mess around with.
I think cherrim will probably be the main way to power it up.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
We already had a deck in Expanded focused around Boundaries Crossed Raticate with the same attack, paired with Hypnotoxic Laser, Koga, Rebel Clash Garbodor and Triple Acceleration Energy... but that Raticate cost a ton to trade for, so the deck is gonna be more common now. You can easily run Piers and the Zoroark engine too since this Raticate is dark.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Good to see Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate again. Gives us fresh hope for Alolan Raichu to have it's Psychic type represented in one way or another.

LightYearLiam

It's nice to see this version of Super Fang back on another Raticate, and also very nice Alolan Pokemon aren't forgotten.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer

We did just get Energy Loto back. Inteleon Engine may give it the consistency boost you need.