JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The Beautifly and Dustox lines have been revealed from the Japanese set Dark Phantasma, which will release in Japan on May 13th. We expect these cards to become part of our August set, Lost Origin!
Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations.
Wurmple – Grass – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[G] Prickly Sting: 10 damage.
[G][G][G] Squirmy Gather: Search your deck for any number of Wurmple, Silcoon, Cascoon, Beautify, and Dustox, reveal them, and put them in your hand. Then shuffle your deck.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
[G][G][G] on a Wurmple?? Never thought I'd see the day. I really like the art though, very cute! I really like Beautifly's artwork as well.

ShinyNoivern

Noivern is a cool Pokemon
Beautifly ability is nice and 8 damage counters for poison is cool... but they're stage 2 pokemon :(

Reactions: Omi

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Bibarel invalidates Beautifly outside of Evomancy and Dustox decks, and the former isn't very good in Standard and has far more important targets in Expanded, while the latter isn't even 2 hit killing VSTARS or VMAXs even with that new Radiant Sneasler card.

The Wurmple would normally be too clunky to use, but we're getting that new Gardenia card so it's not entirely unfeasable to use it first turn going second and searching out up to a maximum of 19 cards (depending on how many of each evolution you run, how many of said cards are prized, and how many are already on board or in hand), granted you can get hit by Marnie or Judge immediately afterwards which would certainly sting... all that said... the cards searched out aren't that strong, there aren't enough strong discard cards to make the "card advantage" valuable, and to top it off the deck would be extremely clunky between all those evolutions on top of requiring enough grass energies to make it consistent with Gardenia.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Grass has draw power in GLC now. Is it worth playing over Roserade? Prolly not. Still cool, though. Might take Grass into a completely different direction.

Last edited:

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
The Dustox from the Platinum set had 130 HP and a free retreat cost. This Dustox has 10 more HP, at the cost of having a retreat cost of 1.

That was 13 years ago. In a game that is almost infamous for its power creep, especially in recent years.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Rare Candy has an F regulation mark print via Japan’s Start Deck 100 decks, it’s a simple matter of waiting for TPCi to print it.
I said it before and I said it now. We have no proof that Block F will be safe from rotation. Because, since Brilliant Stars, not a single soul of these cards showed up. Boss' Orders and Professor's Research got a Block F reprint since it got a new artwork. Next month, we might some news regarding 2023 rotation. Unless we have some news for it, we can safely assume that cards like Rare Candy will be rotated in Standard format in Sept 2022.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Even if Rare Candy becomes unavailable post-rotation, I'm sure the F print will be introduced within a few months. I'd say it's very likely to appear in the upcoming Trainer's Toolkit that we're getting in July, though whether it'll be F print in that has yet to be seen.

The Blast Boys

Aspiring Trainer
I said it before and I said it now. We have no proof that Block F will be safe from rotation. Because, since Brilliant Stars, not a single soul of these cards showed up. Boss' Orders and Professor's Research got a Block F reprint since it got a new artwork. Next month, we might some news regarding 2023 rotation. Unless we have some news for it, we can safely assume that cards like Rare Candy will be rotated in Standard format in Sept 2022.

By this logic, Switch is rotating out of the game for the first time since its inception. Lmao