‘Dark Phantasma’ Set Featuring Hisuian Zoroark Revealed!

If you somehow don't have an issue with even one or two of these things, you are literally a sheep.
Well... I understand the logic behind it, which I already explained to you from a business standpoint, and the fact that there are much more pressing issues in the TCG that I care about over than something like this. Pull rates, Rainbow Rares, etc. are all things I'd much rather the TCG improve upon/resolve over Charizard and the like frequently being printed.

But, I mean, if this entire thing just boils down to making me a sheep, by all means. That's cool with me. Not much left to really explain.

I noticed the 2 VSTARs are 2/3 of the alpha Pokemon you have to fight at the lakes. I wonder if we'll get an Overqwil V.
Interesting! I wonder if they'll go with that for this set, I completely forgot about the Lake fights until you mentioned them.

I have a feeling we'll see most, if not all of the new Hisuian Pokemon/Evolutions get some kind of V down the line through this year. They've been going pretty heavy with them each set. At least, I certainly hope we'll get them all, I like when they do the entirety of a group of something in the TCG. Was really sad when they didn't do that with certain Legendary trios not getting EX's, or some Mega Evolutions missing.

Interesting! I wonder if they'll go with that for this set, I completely forgot about the Lake fights until you mentioned them.

I have a feeling we'll see most, if not all of the new Hisuian Pokemon/Evolutions get some kind of V down the line through this year. They've been going pretty heavy with them each set. At least, I certainly hope we'll get them all, I like when they do the entirety of a group of something in the TCG. Was really sad when they didn't do that with certain Legendary trios not getting EX's, or some Mega Evolutions missing.
Well they've done more than half already - starters, Ursaluna, Lilligant, Zoroark, Goodra, Wyrdeer, Sneasler, Kleavor. Enamorus is getting one in this set I think.

That just leaves Basculegion, Braviary, Electrode, Arcanine, Avalugg and Overqwil.

I just want a shiny Kyurem card. I would love for it to get one of these sparkling card treatments. That Gardevoir background is pretty bland. But the appeal with the sparkling cards are the pretty shine they have on them.
And if not a shiny Kyurem, can we get a Kyurem and Ghetsis character rare, please!

Well... I understand the logic behind it, which I already explained to you from a business standpoint, and the fact that there are much more pressing issues in the TCG that I care about over than something like this. Pull rates, Rainbow Rares, etc. are all things I'd much rather the TCG improve upon/resolve over Charizard and the like frequently being printed.

But, I mean, if this entire thing just boils down to making me a sheep, by all means. That's cool with me. Not much left to really explain.
Rainbow Rares are basically, literally only fueled by Charizard. Notice how nearly ALL rainbow rares cost less than their normal or full art counterparts- while Charizard rrs are like $150 at worst and $500 at best? And how, whenever one comes out, the youtube videos are all like PULLING THE SECRET RARE CHARIZARD!!!!! with a bearded white man soyfacing? ? My man, they're perpetuating each other and it's actively making sets and prices worse. But the pull rates are...idk??? I don't have much personal experience with pull rates lately due to, well, being dirt poor. Are they awful these days? Last I was informed was when they were really bad during chilling reign, are they still bad?

Rainbow Rares are basically, literally only fueled by Charizard. Notice how nearly ALL rainbow rares cost less than their normal or full art counterparts- while Charizard rrs are like $150 at worst and $500 at best? And how, whenever one comes out, the youtube videos are all like PULLING THE SECRET RARE CHARIZARD!!!!! with a bearded white man soyfacing? ? My man, they're perpetuating each other and it's actively making sets and prices worse. But the pull rates are...idk??? I don't have much personal experience with pull rates lately due to, well, being dirt poor. Are they awful these days? Last I was informed was when they were really bad during chilling reign, are they still bad?
According to the videos I see, they appeared to be bad. Unless a particular set has numerous cards worth collecting (depending on your preference), avoid buying boxes. Since I am selling my cards, I will give you one free of charge: Heatran of DP Legends Awakened [6/146], the reverse holo version. No need to thank me.

Bro...they are NOT bringing back shiny Pokemon only to do the most popular ones, as usual...

Gimme a shiny Gorgeist card, or a shiny Volcarona card, or a shiny Lapras, or a shiny Aegislash, or a shiny Goodra or any shiny that's not gardevoir, charizard or greninja.
Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon; you and anyone else can go ahead and make incorrect and inappropriate assumptions about that. But when I saw this card yesterday, I was very happy. And then I played a game of "Find the spambot" in the comments to see if anyone would bemoan a popular Pokemon getting a new card. Lo and behold, it was predictable. And golly! This turned into something else.

Also, did you really forget about Hidden Fates and Shining Fates? The selection in Hidden Fates was more for reprinting useful cards in the TCG as shinies, so there was some overlap in popular Pokemon getting shiny cards. But can you really tell me that ALL of the Galar Pokemon that got shiny cards in Shining Fates are popular? ALSO, are you forgetting that Hawlucha and Heatran were the other two Radiant Pokemon in that previous set? (Or did you just see red upon seeing Greninja?) I'm not saying no one likes these two, but would you really consider them to be popular Pokemon in the same vein as Charizard, Greninja, and Gardevoir? Or would these be about as popular as Gorgeist, Volcarona, Lapras, and Aegislash? Also, these are Hawlucha's and Heatran's first shiny cards. You know... exactly what you said you want?
In X and Y...5+ years ago....Compared to the 3 shiny zards, the 3 shiny greninja and the 3 shiny gardevoir we've gotten since then.

so, still, my point stands. I no longer believe this TCG has any love or care put into it.
So this Volcarona example aged like milk. You know that two of the three previous shiny Gardevoir cards were in the same set as that shiny Volcarona card, right? So by your logic of that being so long ago, those two shouldn't count, and that just leaves the GX from Hidden Fates. I'm not going to act like Gardevoir doesn't get a lot of snazzy card types, but if you're going to make a point, at least be correct.
i literally used a shiny greninja in my previous ultra sun playthrough. I know you wouldn't know that, but...Thank you for assuming, though. If you actually thought about it instead of just looking at it in the most surface level-way possible, that's not my argument at all. I'm saying that this tcg very blatantly favors the same things over, and over, and over, as opposed to unpopular things..How many sets was, let's say, Chesnaught featured prominently in? Or Slaking? Or Mawile? Or Mismagius? Okay, now name every set charizard or greninja have ever been in a pack artwork of. Now, name evey set that has a Charizard ETB. It's 2, by the way. That's more than Pikachu- the mascot. So, yeah...I take issue with being force-fed the same things year after year, and it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon- if at all. There are 900+ Pokemon, therefore there are 900+ shines. Yet, somehow, 3 or 4 shiny Pokemon are regularly featured. This isn't debatable, or yet-to-be-proven. This isn't my opinion; just search any setlist of any set featuring shinies.

If you somehow don't have an issue with even one or two of these things, you are literally a sheep.
The thing is, everyone likes variety when it comes to featuring different Pokemon. No one is arguing against that. But the point was that, as a business, The Pokemon Company wants to make products that are popular in order to make money. You are literally requesting them to make "unpopular" things. Sounds like a great business plan! There's also a difference between making what is popular and using that popularity as a crutch. The worst offender of that was TPCi throwing in shiny Charizard V and VMAX into Champion's Path, which would have otherwise been a nearly--if not completely--useless set. ...Which begs the question of why bother making that "special" set if it needed to be rescued by Charizard? Why not just distribute those cards into other main sets? It's not like TPCi cares about set sizes being far too big for years now away.

To put this another way, I hate pop music. I think it all sounds basically the same now and it's unappealing to me. But others love it, so clearly there's an audience for it. Same with popular Pokemon. There's an audience for them, so The Pokemon Company wants to appease to those fans to make money while also making other cards for all the other Pokemon. In fact, one the biggest compliments that I can give is that they've noticeably improved the variety of Pokemon getting an ultra rare version in the SwSh era. Sableye, Butterfree, Talonflame, Darmanitan, Kricketune, Stoutland, and Liepard, to name a few, are all Pokemon that either have never or rarely had any sort of ultra rare card before getting a V. Of ALL the issues that one could have with the TCG now, variety of Pokemon is among the lowest for me.
First of all i didn't insult anyone at any point, secondly, I'm clearly joking. Third, and finally, what they said was *absurd* and should be looked down upon.
First of all, don't kid yourself and try to convince others that calling someone a sheep isn't intended as an insult. You and your attitude got called out for it and you deserve it. Second, that's a lame excuse. And third, @Scoop was explaining the business perspective of why popular Pokemon get cards. The only thing that should be looked down upon is your hot takes in an attempt to belittle and appear smarter than others. Get over yourself.
That wasn't the point about Rainbow Rares. The point was that they're pointless. That's the issue. Both he and I have voiced our discontent about these cards on Pokebeach for years now, and they only add to the already bloated setlists. Along the same lines, main sets becoming so huge, every single set, and there being around 50+ ultra/secret rares, took my hobby of attempting to complete each set and made it unfun and unfeasible with my budget. I have gone from a big collector to a casual one with new products. THAT is more of an issue with the TCG that I have, rather getting mad that water is wet, aka Charizard or whoever getting a new card.

Arezu- you're just saying that this card buffs Inteleon even more before SSH Drizzile rotates out. BTW, I think you forgot something when it comes to Rule Box being mentioned (Pokemon GX, Pokemon V, etc. have Rule Boxes). 4
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar - wouldn't be good if the ability was on a basic? 2/2/3-4
put these 2 together and it work really good if you have 2 ultra balls in hand because if you get three in one turn, have a Tsareena V in the active set up, you can pull three out of your deck, discard 2 to get the 4th then discard 2 and have a full setup. I don't know what you are saying about Inteleon and Arezu, that makes no sense to me at all (please explain).

Rainbow Rares are basically, literally only fueled by Charizard. Notice how nearly ALL rainbow rares cost less than their normal or full art counterparts- while Charizard rrs are like $150 at worst and $500 at best? And how, whenever one comes out, the youtube videos are all like PULLING THE SECRET RARE CHARIZARD!!!!! with a bearded white man soyfacing? ? My man, they're perpetuating each other and it's actively making sets and prices worse.
Charizard doesn't fuel Rainbow Rares, Rainbow Rares fuel more unnecessary cards. It really isn't a correlation. With the system that Pokemon decides to make RR's for, it just happens that more chase Charizard cards come to be as well. The demand and popularity of Charizard is what fuels those people to do clickbait videos. (And it isn't just Charizard here. "I GOT THE RAINBOW RARE _____!" can be used with anything that's slightly chase-y) I don't like Rainbows at all, but I don't blame the existence of some popular Pokemon to be causing RR's to stay around. That is Pokemon artificially inflating setlists to get people to buy more cards. That's not just Charizard, it's any and everything that gets a RR.

But the pull rates are...idk??? I don't have much personal experience with pull rates lately due to, well, being dirt poor. Are they awful these days? Last I was informed was when they were really bad during chilling reign, are they still bad?
Absolutely. I've opened two boxes of CR and they're markedly worse than when I was opening boxes in XY. It's especially disproportionate when you take into account set sizes. 7-9 Ultra Rares is acceptable for an XY set that's pretty easy to complete in a couple boxes and some singles. But not in a set with 50-70+ Full Arts/Secret Rares. Granted, Brilliant Stars has had a marked improvement due to the Trainer Gallery being its own independent pull rates in the reverse slot. So boxes will generally have 10+ Ultra Rares counting TG cards, that's a lot better than 7 on average.

Third, and finally, what they said was *absurd* and should be looked down upon.
If you're referring to what I said, then I guess making an educated explanation of why they do these things is somehow absurd and should be looked down upon. I know you wouldn't have known this, but my education was in marketing. I'd think I'd know a thing or two about how and why businesses promote the things they do. It's not like this is what I'm doing for a living. Should people now be looked down upon for understanding successful marketing?

...Look, I'm not denying that there haven't been egregious examples of Pokemon using a popular Pokemon as a crutch- Champion's Path as @Skeleton Liar mentioned is indeed this at its worst, and I think early Sword and Shield was generally a poorer time in the TCG. The set was pointless and people often don't look back on it fondly for good reason- To me, it felt like they felt obligated to make a special set like they do every year, and just did a rush job with Charizard as the main selling point to drive sales. I think criticism is absolutely valid for that set, and I think if every set was like Champion's Path, then yes, your argument would hold water better.

However. I don't think printing a shiny Gardevoir card is something to be making a big fuss about when, again, they're not making it a crutch to a whole set. It's just one part of a whole. It's not like every single set is a Champion's Path, in fact, since then, most sets have been quite balanced in the popular/obscure ratio for Ultra Rares, shinies, etc.

You can't just deny that there's been plenty of steps in the right direction as far as this aspect. Pokemon like Beedrill, Medicham, and Lumineon are getting alternate arts. Electrode, Octillery, Flaaffy, etc. are all getting shinies. Shining Fates had nearly the entire Galar Pokedex. Things are still getting the spotlight alongside these popular Pokemon and I think that the balance and surprise of seeing these Pokemon get the spotlight along the fan-favorites is one of the coolest parts of new sets. I get excited thinking which V's may just get the Alternate Art/Shiny treatment as each new set goes on. They certainly haven't made steps in the right direction on other issues.

Last edited:
put these 2 together and it work really good if you have 2 ultra balls in hand because if you get three in one turn, have a Tsareena V in the active set up, you can pull three out of your deck, discard 2 to get the 4th then discard 2 and have a full setup. I don't know what you are saying about Inteleon and Arezu, that makes no sense to me at all (please explain).
1. Tsareena in Standard sucks, doesn't do enough damage at all. 220 is the standard dmg you're doing and without any extra help, you're not even KOing a Crobat in that situation, let alone Pokemon Vs.
2. Why I say that to Arezu coz it searches 3 Drizzile instantly, meaning 3 Trainer cards to gain their advantage.

1. Tsareena in Standard sucks, doesn't do enough damage at all. 220 is the standard dmg you're doing and without any extra help, you're not even KOing a Crobat in that situation, let alone Pokemon Vs.
2. Why I say that to Arezu coz it searches 3 Drizzile instantly, meaning 3 Trainer cards to gain their advantage.
suicune v only does that amount of damage and it is still good, you could totally play the deck with ludicolo, it may get a little cluncky tho

suicune v only does that amount of damage and it is still good, you could totally play the deck with ludicolo, it may get a little cluncky tho
the big difference is that suicune is extremly low maintence only needing atatchment for turn to get a clean 2hko each turn, everything on top of that is just a bonus.
tsareena on the other hand need to refil the bench each turn and atatch, doesn´t have acces to intel and for each gengar on your bench u lose a sprite for turn

the big difference is that suicune is extremly low maintence only needing atatchment for turn to get a clean 2hko each turn, everything on top of that is just a bonus.
tsareena on the other hand need to refil the bench each turn and atatch, doesn´t have acces to intel and for each gengar on your bench u lose a sprite for turn
ok, makes more sense

Back