dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Unfortunately it looks like it's just Barry, Rowan and Cyrus really.

Gen 9 is coming at the end of the year so not enough space for G4 gym leaders unless there's an explosion of FAs in a VMAX Climax like set.

They've been pretty random at adding them in anyway since they went all out starting with SM.
We still have 2 main sets (and who knows how many subsets) before the start of the Scarlet & Violet series, there's enough time for that.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I really hope we get a Garchomp Vstar before we move onto Gen 9, especially with how much of a flop the Garchomp V we got was.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Water Korrina is sick. Irida is also super cute, didn't know the character. And Adaman is sick, badass character.

professsorpoke

NO 3 S's is not a typo
All yall talking about Dialga and almost no one talking about Palkia

This guys damage output is nuts for 2 Energy - Yes your opponent can Limit their bench but few decks can survive with 0 - 1 Sobbles in play while keeping up with your consistent 2 hit KOs.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
We never got a single Psychic-type Decidueye (or Primarina) but all of the Hisuian starters already have both of their types finished in the TCG by English set #1?

200.gif

Last edited:

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
All yall talking about Dialga and almost no one talking about Palkia

This guys damage output is nuts for 2 Energy - Yes your opponent can Limit their bench but few decks can survive with 0 - 1 Sobbles in play while keeping up with your consistent 2 hit KOs.

Yeah, Dialga warrants zero hype for me, Palkia is obviously (and pretty much objectively) the better card of the two. Very, very solid card.

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
If either of the sets has a Kadabra card in the set (seeing that it has been over a year since Uri Geller lifted the ban on Kadabra cards), I for one will be extremely happy. Been wanting a Kadabra card since Uri Geller lifted the ban just over a year ago.

professsorpoke

NO 3 S's is not a typo
Yeah, Dialga warrants zero hype for me, Palkia is the obviously and (pretty much objectively) the better card of the two. Very, very solid card.
I wouldn't Say it warrants ZERO hype, the card is fine but I think people are just going oMg TaKe AnOtHeR tUrN iT mUsT bE bRoKeN too much lol

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
We never got a single Psychic-type Decidueye (or Primarina) but all of the Hisuian starters already have both of their types finished in the TCG by English set #1?

The Hisuian starters have only been their secondary types so far.

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
Unfortunately it looks like it's just Barry, Rowan and Cyrus really.

Gen 9 is coming at the end of the year so not enough space for G4 gym leaders unless there's an explosion of FAs in a VMAX Climax like set.

They've been pretty random at adding them in anyway since they went all out starting with SM.
Barry is already out

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
DragonRage, Alternate Arts may have reached the end of the line, since there weren't any in Battle Region. Granted that Battle Region had a few Character Rares and Sparkling Pokemon. It will be hard to know what the rates of any of those three cards will be until these sets fully leak. Fortunately for you, it would appear that the remaining Hisuian starters will probably receive gold prints in these sets, since Hisuian Samurott was featured in the last set. And if we ARE getting more alt arts, this set will be the one to reveal it since it features the new Dialga and Palkia forms. And if we don't get Alt Arts, they'll probably insert in a few more character rares and/or sparkling Pokemon to fill the void. (I'm not sure how the former would work, however, without a reverse slot.)

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
The Dialga is very funny lol and I'm sure you could probably do some Arceus + Dialga BS with it. For those with an interest in GLC the Magnezone and Adaman also seem very strong as well.
Why use this magnezone when you can use the other magnezone which just attaches metal energy from your hand in any amount?

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
The numbering on Palkia-O and Oshawott seems pretty weird. Shouldn't Palkia-O be first before Oshawott since it was #484? Anyways...

Rowlet/Dartrix/H.Decidueye - too slow, yet interesting nonetheless. If you run the V-immune Decidueye (although Miltank exists, and it is 151x better), you can tech in this Decidueye. 2/2/3-4

Cyndaquil/Quilava/H.Typhlosion - meh. 2/2/3-4

Oshawott/Dewott/H.Samurott - It's Swampert, but not as good as Swampert. 2/2/3-4

Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone - let's get this thing out of the way, it's not good, not even a replacement for Bronzong. Heck, Bronzong isn't a legit Energy Acceleration card since it moves M energy around the board. It is also a Stage 2, and it's very unreliable since you expect 1-3 energy per Magnezone's ability. It only caters Pokemon with cheap yet strong attacks. 2/2/4

Shieldon/Bastiodon - stop trying yourself hard, Bastiodon. You know it won't work on a meta rn. You only good in Pokemon GO. 2/2

Cranidos/Rampardos - suck nuggets, the opponent can easily manipulate it. Although, its nice to see Unidentified Fossil back. 2/3

Dialga-O V/VSTAR - Without Choice Belt, it took 5 energy to even OHKO a simple Pokemon V, which is a lot, and ain't worth it in the long run. Although I like the VSTAR Power, since Dialga-GX saw relevance with that effect. 2/4

Palkia-O V/VSTAR - This one, I am on board with that. For same energy as Suicune V, It can KO any Pokemon V and weak VSTARs. I don't count Choice Belt and Inteleon, obv. since not all the time you rely much on Choice Belt and Inteleon. For VSTAR Power, I am on board! 4/4-5 Defenitely better than Ice Caly since it hit much than Ice Caly on the same attack cost, and 1 less prize liability.

Adaman - Zacian decks. 3

Irida - Water Korrina, will see play. 5 Geodudes.
I feel that everyone is sleeping on dialga vstar/dialga gx/turbo zacian v in expanded. Imagine taking 2 extra turns at the possible start of the game to basically win in one turn.