TPCi Donates $200,000 to Humanitarian Crisis in Ukraine

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has released a statement regarding the ongoing crisis in Ukraine. They have donated $200,000 to provide humanitarian relief to displaced families.

The growing crisis in Ukraine and Eastern Europe, which continues to cause the displacement of families and threaten the safety of children, is heartbreaking. The Pokemon Company International is making an immediate donation of $200,000 USD to our partners at GlobalGiving to provide humanitarian relief. The nonprofit will efficiently direct the funds to community-led organizations supporting families and children affected by the crisis. To learn more, please visit GlobalGiving.org.

In statements made to the press earlier this week, TPCi also stated they reduced advertising of their Pokemon Day event out of respect for the ongoing crisis.
We wish to be sensitive to major world events...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Empty virtue signalling. I don't need my entertainment to express a political view.

This is just old school charity, plain and simple, the best kind. There is not a single political statement in there. This is just "some people are suffering, we're helping them". Of course the PR doesn't hurt, but hey, at least they didn't make a statement beyond simply announcing the contribution. And this is coming from me, I absolutely loathe the type of BS you're speaking of. In fact so far I think it's a miracle that Pokémon is a brand apparently so free of that nonsense. You wanna talk empty virtue signalling, and the most absolutely vile and disgusting political stuff being shoved down your throat? Try playing Magic... Wizards haven't seen a single penny from me for god knows how many years, and I don't intend on changing that anytime soon.

Last edited:
Great news and great post! Only thing is, "over a thousand years" isn't quite correct. While Kyiv (Ukraine's capital) dates back well over 1,500 years, Russia is in general much younger, and Moscow is less than 900 years old.

Worth noting, underlining and holding the fact that this is humanitarian support for refugees and affected civilians, they won't be putting Pikachu on rockets.
Not to say manufacturing a humanitarian crisis isn't part of Russia's strategy and therefore political, but it's not a direct war effort. Some people are going to be acting like this is "taking sides".

Empty virtue signalling. I don't need my entertainment to express a political view.
First, I would like to say that I am an individual who likes to hear both side of the story. That being said, you're saying that Pokemon is "pretending" to care about Ukraine and that act of donating $200,000 is just to get people to praise them?

This is a Country invading another a country for no reason other than power.
That is 99.9% of what wars are all about. Also, supremacy and resources.

Good thing you're not in control of your entertainment. Also this really isn't political.
I'd be kind of conflicted if it were supporting one side militarily, but just helping civilians survive through it is good, and I guess that isn't really political.
this isnt about picking sides, this is about helping the people who are being displaced from their homes
Exactly- it seems to be more of a charity than anything involving the government. As far as I can tell, the closest they've been to a war has been helping deal with the Syrian refugee crisis, so, unless a bunch of funds mysteriously disappear or something, I'm inclined to think they won't be involved with any of the violence.
Worth noting, underlining and holding the fact that this is humanitarian support for refugees and affected civilians, they won't be putting Pikachu on rockets.
Not to say manufacturing a humanitarian crisis isn't part of Russia's strategy and therefore political, but it's not a direct war effort. Some people are going to be acting like this is "taking sides".
Yeah, though I wouldn't immediately blame people for that- they probably just got misinformation or misread something.

First of all, I'm pleasantly surprised that the Pokémon Company sent that money, and especially for HUMANITARIAN aid, which is almost totally disconnected to helping a side during war. The TPCi did a good deed, helping civilians in need, and not the conflicting governments. The step they took back from their advertising campaign is surprising, because they logically will get less money out of that decision than if they continued it normally. I have to say, I'm impressed.

Back