Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Japanese distributors are now listing new products that indicate VMAX Pokemon will make an appearance in the future.
Similar to the Gengar and Inteleon High Class Decks, two new High Class decks featuring Zeraora and Deoxys will release alongside Japan’s Lost Abyss. They are named “VSTAR & VMAX High Class Deck Zeraora” and “VSTAR & VMAX High Class Deck Deoxys.” As you can see, the titles indicate the decks will see the return of VMAX Pokemon.

Zeraora-2-200x114.jpg

Deoxys-200x113.jpg

However, this should not be taken as indication VMAX Pokemon are returning in general. The decks may simply feature alternate art reprints of old VMAX Pokemon or, at best, “guest appearances”...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Clam

Almost decent
New Vmax are probably not coming because the TCG has a habit of making gimmicks and not doing anything with them after 2 years.

But if they do comeback I just have one question: Why?

Takes Azelfie

Aspiring Trainer
New Vmax are probably not coming because the TCG has a habit of making gimmicks and not doing anything with them after 2 years.

But if they do comeback I just have one question: Why?
why did they cut dragon types for a few years lol, the world may never know the inner machinations of GF mind

Tails19950

Aspiring Trainer
Theory:this is done only to release the last 3 Gigantamax Pokèmon from Sword and Shield
Four. Appletun, Hatterene, Machamp and Melmetal 😁

I know Flapple and Appletun look exactly the same but as it goes, Gigantamax Appletun doesn’t have a card

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
omg it would be so cool if we got borh Deoxys/Zeraora VMAX and Deoxys/Zeraora VSTAR in the same deck, giving multiple evolution options like Leafeon & Glaceon

Also side note I will definitely be keeping copies of these decks sealed since they're two of my top favorite Pokemon💛💜

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
This isn't a surprise really, is it? EX existed alongside BREAK, and GX kept going even when Tag Team GX came out.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
This isn't a surprise really, is it? EX existed alongside BREAK, and GX kept going even when Tag Team GX came out.
BREAK were reverse holo exclusive cards and EX were the main ultra rare for years. That example is comparable at all

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
BREAK were reverse holo exclusive cards and EX were the main ultra rare for years. That example is comparable at all
On the contrary – it's perfectly valid, considering marketing for the Japanese TCG made the exact same comparison. CP4 made much ado about being a "EX×M×BREAK" set. Booster boxes of CP6 made a bigger deal about it having Pokémon BREAK in it, and didn't mention there were EX or Mega EX in the set at all.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Theory:this is done only to release the last 3 Gigantamax Pokèmon from Sword and Shield
One can only hope. Hatterene and Machamp especially because Bede and Bea use them.

And at that stage, there'll only be Melmetal left, so why not release it? Could've even replaced Aggron in Start Deck 100...

Though Pokemon have precedence with just not completing stuff with how many Megas were left out.

JandPDS

Aspiring Trainer
why did they cut dragon types for a few years lol, the world may never know the inner machinations of GF mind
Gamefreak makes the games...they have nothing to do with the TCG.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
How ridiculous to make a statement like that. The TCG gets many mechanics from the video games. Mega Evolution in the video became Mega EX Evolution in the TCG, Mega Pokemon from Pokemon Go raid battles was first incorporated in the video game, and then into the TGC as V Max afterwards.
Most of the time when an original mechanic originates in the TCG is something lame like V Union.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Gamefreak makes the games...they have nothing to do with the TCG.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
How ridiculous to make a statement like that. The TCG gets many mechanics from the video games. Mega Evolution in the video became Mega EX Evolution in the TCG, Mega Pokemon from Pokemon Go raid battles was first incorporated in the video game, and then into the TGC as V Max afterwards.
Most of the time when an original mechanic originates in the TCG is something lame like V Union.
Hey, doofus, I CLEARLY meant the making of the tcg. Which, you seemed to be heavily implying gamefreak has any relations to.

DragonRage

Rayquaza is pog
Let's go Giratina !! Can't wait, honestly. Also, what will the EU prices for those boxes be ?
By the way, Pokémon is releasing A LOT of new sets/subsets lately, what a time to collect PTCG

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
We weren't going to lose VMAX completely until the SV-on (G-on) format anyway.

Let's just hope the SV-era gimmick isn't a 3-prizer.