Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A French distributor has accidentally revealed some of the Astral Radiance product images! We learned about the set last month, but it hasn’t been officially revealed yet. It’s our SWSH10 set and will release in May.
Each of the booster packs will feature the set’s VSTAR Pokemon. This includes Hisuian Decidueye, Hisuian Typhlosion, and Hisuian Samurott from Japan’s Battle Region as well as Dialga and Palkia’s Origin Formes from the upcoming Time Gazer & Space Juggler sets. All of these Pokemon debuted in the Legends: Arceus game.

Astral-Radiance-Box-French-149x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
Niceee. I hope at some point we also get the regular Dialga and Palkia in V and VSTAR form though. I also hope that they play around with VSTAR and give us Mega Evolution Pokemon again at some point, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
Niceee. I hope at some point we also get the regular Dialga and Palkia in V and VSTAR form though. I also hope that they play around with VSTAR and give us Mega Evolution Pokemon again at some point, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking.
Is VSTAR not the Mega equivalent?

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
I also hope that they play around with VSTAR and give us Mega Evolution Pokemon again at some point, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking.
Yes! That would be really cool. Especially as some like sabeleye, banette and medicham never got any megas

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Yes! That would be really cool. Especially as some like sabeleye, banette and medicham never got any megas
They totally could because people STILL like megas. They could also use the chance to go back and look at old mega ex's, see which ones sucked nuts, and give them Vstars.

o7yourdesires

Aspiring Trainer
Getting ever so slightly sick of Eevee promos
Should do the crappy Japanese family Vs that bulk up our sets ( *cough* fusion strike *cough*) instead and put these in the main sets personally. Fusion strike was full of bulk Vs which made it hard pulling anything remotely playable

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Very interesting how it seems from the set description on the back of the 3-pack blisters that they will be called "Origin Dialga VSTAR" and "Origin Palkia VSTAR", even though Giratina and many other similar forms didn't get a classification like that (then again we have a ton of Legendaries that do so lol whatevs)

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Should do the crappy Japanese family Vs that bulk up our sets ( *cough* fusion strike *cough*) instead and put these in the main sets personally. Fusion strike was full of bulk Vs which made it hard pulling anything remotely playable
within the first month of it being out in ptcgo i pulled like 7 greninja v, 3 cinderace v, 4 appletun v and at least 9 tyranitar v.

i haven't pulled a single gengar vmax or mew vmax. Crap like this is why we need to abolish 3-prizers.

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
Well, it is not called MEGA ex it is vstar so there is no ”mega” in the name
I was referring to the fact that it's is a Stage 1 and is more powerful than the Basic.

Example: EX evolves into-> MEGA EX = V evolves into-> VMAX or VSTAR.

I understand where you're coming from but I'm simply asking is this not the equivalent?

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I was referring to the fact that it's is a Stage 1 and is more powerful than the Basic.

Example: EX evolves into-> MEGA EX = V evolves into-> VMAX or VSTAR.

I understand where you're coming from but I'm simply asking is this not the equivalent?
I'd say it's more like Level X cards, partly because with megas your turn ended upon putting one into play, but also due to the fact that level X Pokemon were Pokemon you put on relatively powerful Pokemon to make them better. Also, both were introduced during a Sinnoh-focused era, and I doubt that was unintentional on their part.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
That Dialga artwork gives me big vibes of the Plasma Blast one.
And not only because it's the same Pokèmon.

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
I'd say it's more like Level X cards, partly because with megas your turn ended upon putting one into play, but also due to the fact that level X Pokemon were Pokemon you put on relatively powerful Pokemon to make them better. Also, both were introduced during a Sinnoh-focused era, and I doubt that was unintentional on their part.
Thank you for the response! That does make sense, and does seem intentional. I wasn't playing during that era, so I did not know that.