“Professor Juniper Premium Tournament Collection” in April!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new “Professor Juniper Premium Tournament Collection” has been listed in the internal data of PTCG Live! Product listings from earlier this year placed its release between April and May.
PTCGO recently revealed the full art promo of Professor’s Research (Professor Juniper). This will obviously come in the product. The card originates from December’s VMAX Climax set. It’s SWSH152.

Professors-Research-SWSH152-Professor-Juniper-144x200.jpg

Like the Marnie Premium Tournament Collection, the Juniper version should retail for $39.99 and come with one full art promo, seven booster packs, a set of 65 card sleeves featuring Professor Juniper, a deck box, a large metallic coin, 2 coin condition markers, 6...

Continue reading...

Is Juniper really that popular?
Someone on Twitter mentioned that the FA Professor Juniper from PLF currently goes for around $80-$90 USD on sites like TCGPlayer and Troll and Toad so there’s definitely a demand that can‘t be explained away with the usual “set-limited staple card” rule that causes some cards to balloon in price if they have an Ultra-Rare print.

It was a nightmare grabbing just one copy of the Marnie box for a non-absurd price, and I was foolish enough to assume when the product was announced that I could easily get 4 for a playset if I pre-ordered early enough and watched every webstore like a hawk. The one place I managed to pre-order it for MSRP cancelled my order literally days before release and sold them for over double MSRP, my local card shop was selling them for over double MSRP during release date, and everywhere selling or offering pre-orders at MSRP including the Pokemon Center sold out of them immediately.

I really hope the supply is better on this one, but I'm honestly doubtful. Sucks, because once again I'd love a playset for MSRP, but I'll probably be lucky to get even 1 for a decent price. Good luck to anyone else out there who wants one.

Now watch this one be as insanely hard to grab as the Marnie Box... only time I ever saw that in stock was when a shop was getting ready for its grand opening, of course it was one of the first items to sell out alongside the Celebrations Ultra Premium Box (Yes, I'm still bitter about not being able to get either of those @_@)

It was a nightmare grabbing just one copy of the Marnie box for a non-absurd price, and I was foolish enough to assume when the product was announced that I could easily get 4 for a playset if I pre-ordered early enough and watched every webstore like a hawk. The one place I managed to pre-order it for MSRP cancelled my order literally days before release and sold them for over double MSRP, my local card shop was selling them for over double MSRP during release date, and everywhere selling or offering pre-orders at MSRP including the Pokemon Center sold out of them immediately.

I really hope the supply is better on this one, but I'm honestly doubtful. Sucks, because once again I'd love a playset for MSRP, but I'll probably be lucky to get even 1 for a decent price. Good luck to anyone else out there who wants one.
But that is uncalled for, you preorder before they decided to sell it for a bigger price. Who is MSRP so I make sure not to buy their products.

Back