JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Yet another Character Super Rare from VMAX Climax has been revealed — Crobat V from Darkness Ablaze. The card features Silver.

1434_CSR243_169CROBATv_ol-143x200.jpg

#243 Crobat V

The following Character Rares and Character Super Rares have already been revealed:

Flapple-142x200.png

#186 Flapple

Charizard-143x200.jpg

#187 Charizard

Kingdra-144x200.png

#190 Kingdra

csr-card-9-r-143x200.png

#191 Octillery

Frosmoth-143x200.jpg

#192 Frosmoth...

Continue reading...

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
First we get two Character Rares of Pikachu and Eevee, then CHARIZARD, and NOW we have a Character Rare for the best draw engine in the game?!? Are they TRYING to lock normal consumers out of this set?!? This is insane!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Another art of the same card that most of us already had a playset of these.
Is that necessarily a bad thing, though? I feel like the collectability and artwork factors of this outweigh the fact that it's something "most of us" already have a set of. I certainly don't care enough about playing the game to get a set of Crobat V's, so to me- And I assume many other collectors- it's another nice piece of art to collect.

It's a great looking card, and I believe the first time Silver's been represented in the TCG. I'd say that makes this a pretty solid addition.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
First we get two Character Rares of Pikachu and Eevee, then CHARIZARD, and NOW we have a Character Rare for the best draw engine in the game?!? Are they TRYING to lock normal consumers out of this set?!? This is insane!

The whole line up is already known. Every V and VMAX in the set will get a CSR except Rayquaza and Duraludon V

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I don't know how common these character rares will be etc, but unless they were relatively common this really feels like the set to skip and focus on buying singles.

FilpACoin

The Best Typo
Another art of the same card that most of us already had a playset of these.
Darkness Ablaze was released in English well into 2020, so I imagine a lot of people haven't gotten them yet because we couldn't actually go to many events to use them.
I have zero physical Crobat V right now.
It's also nice to have more ways to get a high-demand card, and the art looks great!

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
No, they're bringing us more copies of a high-demand card, driving its prices down even further and releasing more of them for people to play with.
Also, Silver is a great choice for a character rare.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Is that necessarily a bad thing, though? I feel like the collectability and artwork factors of this outweigh the fact that it's something "most of us" already have a set of. I certainly don't care enough about playing the game to get a set of Crobat V's, so to me- And I assume many other collectors- it's another nice piece of art to collect.

It's a great looking card, and I believe the first time Silver's been represented in the TCG. I'd say that makes this a pretty solid addition.
Need to echo others in saying this is EXACTLY how it should be done. An expensive alt art option to an "essential" card? Sign me up.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Darkness Ablaze was released in English well into 2020, so I imagine a lot of people haven't gotten them yet because we couldn't actually go to many events to use them.
I have zero physical Crobat V right now.
It's also nice to have more ways to get a high-demand card, and the art looks great!
I get it for collector stuff, what I mean is the source of getting it. We already have one in Shining Fates as a straight up reprint. The shiny FA Promo, 2 copies of it in the Trainer's Toolkit. At this point, you should have at least a playset to be used in decks.

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
eh, the way I see it, the more product they sell of it to people hunting the CHRs the cheaper the base rarity stuff is for "normal consumers"