JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
​​​​Pokemon has announced that points earned during the 2020 season will once again transfer into the 2022 season. Pokemon recently added Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Malta, and Uruguay to the list of countries permitted to hold sanctioned casual events like League, Prerelease, and non-Championship Point tournaments. This list was previously occupied by only Australia and New Zealand. There has not yet been any word about the return of competitive events, though an article on Pokemon.com mentions a 2022 North American Championships, with no specific timeframe mentioned, and a European Championships planned for April 2022...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
So now in order to attend events u must get vaccine wear marks n distance.
So means player base will be cut down. Which is fine since in reality the player cap will be small for regional.
This also most likely means most venues won't have any company selling n buying cards n such. If they do be very small.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Well for starters, the permission "granted" by TPCi to host casual events is more of a legal cover than actual reality. Prereleases are held regularly outside of the listed countries and, ultimately, people should follow the guidelines set by their respective governments, not by a company making games for kids.
I won't comment on anything else, because it's a minefield, so I'll just wait for the notifs to roll in :x

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Well for starters, the permission "granted" by TPCi to host casual events is more of a legal cover than actual reality. Prereleases are held regularly outside of the listed countries and, ultimately, people should follow the guidelines set by their respective governments, not by a company making games for kids.
I won't comment on anything else, because it's a minefield, so I'll just wait for the notifs to roll in :x
One big question is vaccine cards are easily faked. Does pokekon have away to verify a vaccine card.

Tomasko26

Aspiring Trainer
One big question is vaccine cards are easily faked. Does pokekon have away to verify a vaccine card.
I know many states now have online vaccine cards through the state health department. California, New Jersey, and Washington all have this implemented... just to name a few. I'm not sure if every state has this implemented, but if they do, it's a lot harder to fake your vaccine status if you're asked to show this record.