TCG Fakes Falling Skies' Fake Factory

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Archiving and updating my CaC Entry from Last Month's contest, along with a few other cards I thought about making for the theme.

Basculin HP: 80 [D]
Basic
basculin.png

NO. 550 Hostile Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 39.7 lbs.
[D] Injury Sensing
Put up to 3 damage counters on 1 of your Benched Pokémon. For each damage counter you placed in this way, search your deck for a Pokémon that has "Basculin" in its name and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

[D][C] Feeding Frenzy 20x
This attack does 20 damage for each Pokémon in play with any damage counters on it (both yours and your opponent's).

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Savage, violent Pokémon, red and blue Basculin are always fighting each other over territory.

Like with Froslass, it's the same card, just with the wording cleaned up to standards. I actually did get both the attack names right, this time. I was tempted to make a Basculin V as well, with some synergy, but I couldn't think of a good way to do it besides "The V adds damage counters", and didn't want it to just be an easy solution, so this ended up being a stand-alone card.

I still quite like this card, but I do hate losing, so hopefully I'll be able to come up with something even better for next contest.

Huntail HP: 100 [D]
366.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Clamperl

huntail.png

NO. 367 Deep Sea Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 59.5 lbs.
Ability: Prey Stalking
Whenever your opponent tries to retreat their Active Pokémon, they flip a coin. If tails, put 2 damage counters on that Pokémon.

[D][C][C] Ambush Bite 40x
Before doing damage, you may switch your opponent’s Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon. This attack does 20 damage to your opponent’s Active Pokémon for each damage counter on that Pokémon.

Resistance:

Deep seas are their habitat. According to tradition, when Huntail wash up onshore, something unfortunate will happen.

My initial plan was to design a new Regional Variant for Torkoal that uses Sand and not Sun, but as that was against the rules I had made something else quickly while I thought of a better idea. This was always just an "In case you can't figure anything else out" card, and I ended up taking the general idea and converting it into Basculin. This isn't very unique, or very good, even with the ability to choose who it targets.

Clamperl HP: 50 [W]
Basic
clamperl.png

NO. 366 Bivalve Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 115.7 lbs.
[C] Deep Sea Pressures
If you go first, you can use this attack on your first turn. Discard an Energy from this Pokémon. If you discarded a [P] Energy, search your deck for a Gorebyss and put it onto this Pokémon to evolve it. If you discarded a [D] Energy, search your deck for a Huntail and put it onto this Pokémon to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

It is protected by a sturdy shell. Once in a lifetime, it makes a magnificent pearl.

Gorebyss HP: 100 [P]
366.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Clamperl
gorebyss.png

NO. 368 South Sea Pokémon HT: 5'11" WT: 49.8 lbs.
[C] Siphon
Move up to 10 damage counters from your opponent's Active Pokémon to this Pokémon. Then, draw a card for each damage counter moved in this way.

[P][P] Psychic Feedback 20x
This attack does 20 damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] -30
Retreat:

Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.

I've always kind of assumed Huntail and Gorebyss were Water/Dark and Water/Psychic at some point in development, given that their first TCG cards gain benefits from Dark and Psychic types, respectively, but they were changed to pure Water since there was already two other Water/Dark types in that generation and they didn't want Gorebyss to have a secondary type when Huntail didn't, having learn their lesson from Bellossom and how nobody ever uses one. I didn't make this for the contest, but since I made a Huntail I elected to make this one. You can use it as a one-off to draw cards after some retreating and spread, but it weakens Huntail in the process. It can knock itself out, which was intentional, as you can draw a bunch of cards and then promote a lock card to stall for time. However, you need to actually have 10 damage counters in play already, which if you're devoting space to Gorebyss and a lock card like Dracovish DAA plus the space for an efficient spread engine there isn't all that much space left over for other stall cards.

Clamperl is Snorunt except not. It has a steeper cost than Snorunt but can be used on turn 1 to make up for it. You probably won't use either, but it's the thought that counts.

Suicune HP: 110 [C]
Basic
suicune.png

NO. 245 Aurora Pokémon HT: 6'7" WT: 412.3 lbs.
Ability: Clear Water Mirror
Whenever each player would draw a card at the start of their turn, that player reveals it to their opponent. Their opponent may choose to make them shuffle that card into their deck and draw a card. You can’t use more than 1 Clear Water Mirror Ability per turn.

[C] Shaping Winds
Put a card attached to 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon on top of their deck.

This Pokémon races across the land. It is said that north winds will somehow blow whenever it appears.

Suicune being a water type wind-themed Pokemon in the same generation as the flying-type water-themed Pokemon has always amused me somewhat. Like Huntail, this was created for the contest but not entered, as while it's a unique gimmick, it's not exactly useful and can backfire on you if your opponent shuffles away something useful. It does have to draw a card, as if it didn't the effect would basically be "neither player can draw a card at the start of their turn", and that's a bit too strong on a basic that doesn't need to be active. The attack is largely useless but it combos with the ability so it stuck.

Thank you all for reading.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
I'm quite excited for the Sinnoh remakes, as while as Legends: Arceus, so I do want to make some cards for them. However, I did just make a lot of Arceus cards, so I'll settle for the starters.

Turtwig HP: 80 [G]
Basic
turtwig.png

NO. 387 Tiny Leaf Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 22.5 lbs.
Ability: Dense Shell
As long as this Pokémon is on your bench, your opponent cannot put damage counters on this Pokémon with the effect of an attack or Ability.

[G][G] Energy Rush 10x
This attack does 10 damage for each basic Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

It undertakes photosynthesis with its body, making oxygen. The leaf on its head wilts if it is thirsty.

Grotle HP: 110 [G]
387.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Turtwig
grotle.png

NO. 388 Grove Pokémon HT: 3'07" WT: 213.8 lbs.
[G] Energy Rush 10x
This attack does 10 damage for each basic Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

[G][G][C] Moving Forest 20x
This attack does 20 damage for each of your Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:

It knows where pure water wells up. It carries fellow Pokémon there on its back.

Torterra HP: 180 [G]
388.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Grotle
torterra.png

NO. 389 Continent Pokémon HT: 7'03" WT: 683.4 lbs.
Ability: Forest's Blessing
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, if you have no Pokémon with a Rule Box (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes) in play, you may search your deck for a basic Energy card for each of your Pokémon in play and attach 1 basic Energy card to each of those Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck. You can't use more than 1 Forest's Blessing Ability each turn.

[G][G][C][C] Mobile Ecosystem 10+
this attack does 40 more damage for each of your Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

Some Pokémon are born on a Torterra’s back and spend their entire life there.

With the greatest Starter Pokémon making its return, it deserves a card worthy of its own greatness. Torterra is very strong, both as an attacker and especially as an Energy accelerator, but you can't use it with the strongest attackers or support Pokemon, so it's likely to just be a nice perk for dedicated Torterra decks with the potential to be very, very good if you commit to it. The attack's also strong, just to make sure you're not only using this as a supporter if you don't want to, and Turtwig and Grotle have situationally useful attacks. I don't think it's too strong, though. Even something like a Crobat shuts off Forest's Blessing, and since Torterra is a stage 2 it's probably not worth the commitment unless you're going to attack with it.

Chimchar HP: 60 [R]
Basic
chimchar.png

NO. 390 Chimp Pokémon HT: 1'08" WT: 13.7 lbs.
Ability: Rear Burn
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may leave both Active Pokémon Burned.

[C] Challenge
Each player searches their deck for a Basic Pokémon with 100 HP or less, reveals it, and puts it onto their Bench. Then, both players shuffle their decks. If a player does not put a Pokémon onto their Bench with this attack, that player discards a card from their hand.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:

The gas made in its belly burns from its rear end. The fire burns weakly when it feels sick.

Monferno HP: 90 [R]
390.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Chimchar
monferno.png

NO. 391 Playful Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 48.5 lbs.
[C] Hot Hands
If your opponent's Active Pokémon is Burned, your opponent discards a card from their hand. If both Active Pokémon are Burned, your opponent discards 2 cards from their hand and you discard a card from your hand.

[R][R] Pulled Punch 100
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has any damage counters on it, this attack does nothing.

Resistance:

It uses ceilings and walls to launch aerial attacks. Its fiery tail is but one weapon.

Infernape HP: 140 [R]
391.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Monferno
infernape.png

NO. 392 Flame Pokémon HT: 3'11 WT: 121.3 lbs.
[R] All-Out Offensive 220-
This attack does 30 less damage for each card in your opponent's hand.

[R][R] Burning Revenge 110
If this Pokémon is Burned, your opponent discards 2 cards from their hand.

Resistance:

It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.

A very simple line and card with a simple goal of using mild disruption to further damage. 220 for 1 on a Stage 2 feels like a lot, but the hand disruption options in Sword & Shield are low enough that I feel somewhat comfortable with the idea, since it currently mostly befalls to other stage 2s to discard cards from the hand with abilities. Even Marnie doesn't cut it without help, since 4 cards means your 220 for 1 suddenly turns into 100 for 1.

Piplup HP: 60 [W]
Basic
piplup.png

NO. 393 Penguin Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 11.5 lbs.
Ability: Pride
If this Pokémon is in the Active Spot and has more than 2 Energy attached to it, the attacks of your opponent's Active Pokémon cost [C] more.

[W][C] Bubble Fan 20
Put 1 damage counter on 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:

It doesn’t like to be taken care of. It’s difficult to bond with since it won’t listen to its Trainer.

Prinplup HP: 100 [W]
393.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Piplup
prinplup.png

NO. 394 Penguin Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 50.7 lbs.
[C] Spiteful Draw
Draw a card for each Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon. If you drew more than 4 cards in this way, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

[W][W] Bubble Barrage
Put 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon for each Energy attached to that Pokémon.

Resistance:

It lives alone, away from others. Apparently, every one of them believes it is the most important.

Empoleon HP: 160 [W]
394.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Prinplup
empoleon.png

NO. 395 Emperor Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 186.3 lbs.
Ability: Emperor's Decree
As long as this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, the attacks of your opponent's Active Pokémon cost [C] more.

[W][W][W] Boastful Tactics
Discard all Energy from this Pokémon. Put 2 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokémon for each Energy attached to that Pokémon. If any of your opponent's Pokémon are Knocked Out by damage counters from this attack, draw 2 cards for each Pokémon Knocked Out in this way.

Resistance:

The three horns that extend from its beak attest to its power. The leader has the biggest horns.

Like with Torterra, I'm slightly worried this attack is too strong, but hoping it's fine because it's on a Stage 2 and relies on hitting a resource that isn't going to go onto easy prizes. The strategy is fairly simple, and you get majorly rewarded for taking knockouts with additional cards. I'd hope it would make you think about how to move your opponent's energy around, which isn't a concept seen very often.

Thank you all for reading.

Last edited:

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Nice! These are very creative attacks and abilities, especially Arceus and Arceus Vmax. I wish I was as creative as you in designing attacks!

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, I wonder if it's okay if I use some of your text based cards and make them into image cards (either classic, gym, neo , or e series era). I wonder if that's fine. I will definitely credit you! Please let me know about your thoughts, really like your creative cards!

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Hi, I wonder if it's okay if I use some of your text based cards and make them into image cards (either classic, gym, neo , or e series era). I wonder if that's fine. I will definitely credit you! Please let me know about your thoughts, really like your creative cards!
Absolutely. I'd be honored if you used them, I love your image fakes. Would you want me to adapt some of them into Neo-era wording, or would you like to do that yourself?

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Absolutely. I'd be honored if you used them, I love your image fakes. Would you want me to adapt some of them into Neo-era wording, or would you like to do that yourself?
Thanks for your reply! I am thinking doing your Parasect first, it really has an interesting ability that fits well. Would changing the wording to neo-era be time consuming for you? Maybe I can do it and if there are any problems, you could help me correct them. I am actually not quite familiar with neo wording, despite the fact that I am an old collector. Ironic, isn't it:p.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Once again, posting my CaC-winning card and some other ideas I didn't go with.

Floatzel V HP: 200 [W]
Basic
floatzel.png

Ability: Last-Second Rescue
When 1 of your Basic Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, you may discard all cards attached to that Pokémon and attach it to this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card. This Pokémon may have any number of Pokémon attached to it as Pokémon Tool cards in addition to 1 Pokémon Tool card. If it loses this ability, discard Pokémon Tool cards attached to it until 1 remains.

[W][W] Shore Storming 50x
Put all Pokémon Tool cards attached to this Pokémon into your hand. This attack does 50 damage for each card put into your hand in this way.

Resistance:

V rule: When your Pokémon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.[/COLOR]

I'm not 100% sure on the updated wording, but it feels pretty right. Anything involving tools is inherently somewhat of a mess due to the various clauses, so I'm not going to sweat it too much. I probably won't make Vs regularly, this was just made a V because I wanted it to be able to rescue itself but couldn't figure out how to elegantly word it to pick up evolutions.

Regigigas HP: 130 [C]
Basic
regigigas.png

NO. 486 Colossal Pokémon HT: 12’02” WT: 925.9 lbs.
Ability: Stumbling
When either player attacks, if their Active Pokémon moved from their Bench to the Active Spot this turn, that player must flip a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing. You can’t apply more than 1 Stumbling effect at a time.

[C][C][C][C] Risk Calculations 120+
You may flip up to 3 coins. For each heads, this attack does 40 more damage and discard the top 2 cards of your opponent’s deck. For each tails, discard an Energy from this Pokémon. If you choose to not flip any coins, switch your opponent’s Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:

It is said to have made Pokémon that look like itself from a special ice mountain, rocks, and magma.

This was my sort of placeholder card for this month. Regigigas Lv. X is one of my favourite cards of all time, so it's always been disappointing to me that we've never really seen another great one. I doubt this one would be either, but it can at least enable a control deck with cards like Boss's Orders to prevent your opponent from attacking, in theory. In practice, you just flip a lot of coins. That can be fun, too, but not really CaC material for a card to involve this much luck.

Uxie HP: 70 [P]
uxie.png

NO. 480 Knowledge Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 0.7 lbs.
Ability: Forbidden Knowledge
During Pokémon Checkup, if your opponent has more than 5 cards in their hand, they must discard cards from their hand until they have exactly 5 cards in their hand.

[C] Memory Meddling
Your opponent puts their Active Pokémon and all cards attached to it into their hand.

Known as “The Being of Knowledge.” It is said that it can wipe out the memory of those who see its eyes.

Another card, this one's a little more unique but I passed on it due to it feeling one-dimensional. You put cards back into your opponent's hand, then they have to discard them. It's a neat way to remove resources, but I felt like I could do better. I was also somewhat worried about simply being able to delete any pokemon for [C], as that would set stage 2 decks back tremendously in common with the ability. I could have made it [P], I suppose, which would have made it less splashable but no less strong.

Thank you for reading.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Archiving last month's CaC cards.

Alakazam HP: 120 [P]
064.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Kadabra
alakazam.png

NO. 065 Psi Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 105.8 lbs.
Ability: Calculated Draw
Once during your turn, you may add a card from your hand to your Prize cards face down. If you do, draw cards until you have 8 cards in your hand. You can't use more than 1 Calculated Draw Ability each turn.

[P][P] Card Trick
Put a card from your hand face down in front of you. Your opponent guesses if that card is a Pokémon, Trainer card, or Energy card, and then you reveal and discard it. If your opponent guessed right, discard all Energy from this Pokémon. If your opponent guessed wrong, put a another card from your hand face down in front of you and your opponent guesses again. Your opponent discards the top 2 cards of their deck each time they guess wrong.

Its superb memory lets it recall everything it has experienced from birth. Its IQ exceeds 5000.

Upgraded wording to match the Oranguru I'd never heard of before judging. It's my own fault for not paying attention to the SM era. I do think the energy discard is a required cost, as you can discard up to 16 cards from your opponent's deck just with Calculated Draw.

Gourgeist HP: 120 [G]
710.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Pumpkaboo
gourgeist-large.png

NO. 711 Pumpkin Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT. 27.6 lbs.
Ability: Cursed Wailing
If your opponent’s Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from this Pokémon’s attacks, put that Pokémon and all cards attached to it in the Lost Zone instead of the discard pile.

[G] Damage Trickery
This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) Before doing damage, you may move a number of damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon equal to the number of [G] Energy attached to this Pokémon to any of your opponent's other Pokémon in any way you like.

Resistance:

Singing in eerie voices, they wander town streets on the night of the new moon. Anyone who hears their song is cursed.

This was the only other card this month I seriously considered. I'm pretty sure this type of ability hasn't been seen since Gengar Prime, and I like the attack, too, but the card doesn't really feel as different or outlandish as a trick-themed contest would want. It's very straightforward, and while I like the idea of being able to customize the damage for it, I'll also admit that the attack's probably underpowered, taking too much energy and multiple rounds of attacks to really get going. I desperately wanted to reference Trick or Treat for a Pumpkaboo or Gourgeist card somehow, but I couldn't come up with a satisfying effect.

Thank you for reading.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Archiving last month's CaC cards, again.

Mimikyu HP: 70 [P]
Basic
mimikyu.png

NO. 778 Disguise Pokémon HT: 8" WT: 1.5 lbs.
Ability: Jealous Heart
If any damage is done to this Pokémon by attacks during your opponent's turn, if your opponent played a Supporter card from their hand during their turn, prevent that damage.

[P][P] Lonely Claws 50
If you didn't play a Supporter card from your hand during your turn, your opponent reveals their hand. Choose 2 cards you find there and discard them.

A gust of wind revealed what hides under this Pokémon's rag to a passing Trainer, who went home and died painfully that very night.

I'm slightly miffed that I lost a point for accidentally writing 8' instead of 8", but more at myself for missing it. Perhaps it was the Totem Mimikyu? I don't have much to say about this card that I hadn't already, I did consider giving it a Metal weakness to make it a fairy type out of protest for the death of fairy types, but I think Pokemon's mostly done acknowledging secondary types in the TCG so I didn't. I still think the card's cool, I didn't even consider reset stamp when I made it, so that's neat.

Pyukumuku HP: 80 [W]
Basic
pyukumuku.png

NO. 771 Sea Cucumber Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 2.6 lbs.
[C] Return to Shore
Put up to 3 Pyukumuku from your discard pile into your hand. If you put exactly 3 Pyukumuku into your hand, you may use Chuck after using this attack.

[W] Chuck
Discard a Pyukumuku from your hand. This attack does 80 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon (don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

Resistance:

The tradition known as Pyukumuku chucking started from the custom of throwing Pyukumuku back into the sea after they wash onshore.

This is a cute little card but not particularly useful, so I didn't bother submitting it. I'm aware it should probably be "Pokemon with Pyukumuku in its name" but I didn't want it to include Vs, so it's just Pyukumuku. I'm fully aware TPC will never make such a distinction because as far as they're concerned, Pokemon below ultra rare don't exist anymore.

Pichu HP: 50 [L]
Basic
pichu.png

NO. 172 Tiny Mouse Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 4.4 lbs.
Ability: Spark Shock Tag
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, your opponent searches their deck for a card, reveals it, and puts it into their hand. Your opponent reveals their deck and discards all cards in their deck with the same name as that card. Then, your opponent shuffles their deck. If you use this Ability, your turn ends.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

The electric sacs in its cheeks are small. If even a little electricity leaks, it becomes shocked.

Babies in the modern era are lame. I didn't want to re-use the mechanic from my thread and lose out on believability as there's no way they'd ever do something like that, but I still wanted to make a useful card. I like the idea, but I'm not sure if I got the wording for something like this anywhere near correctly and the concept's a bit weird, so I did pass it up.

Yveltal V HP: 210 [D]
Basic
yveltal.png

Ability: Destructive Rebirth
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is in your discard pile, you may put this Pokémon onto your Bench. If you do, discard the top 5 cards of your deck.

[D] Beam of Oblivion 10x
Put as many cards from your discard pile as you like into the Lost Zone. This attack does 10 damage for each card put into the Lost Zone in this way.

Resistance:

V rule: When your Pokémon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

I didn't make this card directly for the CaC, I made it a while ago. But it fits the theme here, so I'll add it here. I'm actually really pleased with this one, as an actual high-risk high-reward V with clear downsides to it. It can come back, but doing so comes at a steep cost. The cost fuels the attack, which can be charged up very quickly with both the ability and just playing the game, as while as being able to KO anything for a single energy, but with how high the HP is now you can't do it more than once. And it gives up two prizes, which I guess doesn't matter now that the standard's 3 but I did feel like this much power would be too much on a regular basic.

As a curious aside, while Yveltal with one retreat looks weird since most have two, there has been at least one Yveltal with a retreat cost of 0. So one is theoretically possible, but just hasn't happened yet.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
\\ Erialum Project: Spring Beginnings \\

This is a project I'll be intermittently working on. As I'm extremely unsatisfied with the current state of Pokémon tcg, I decided to create a reboot series of sorts. The current plan for this is to be about three sets, making up for a full regional Pokedex. It will be a reset like Black & White base, with no multiprizers to speak of, as while as the type chart being reverted to the XY/SM one. The HP and damage levels will be much lower, with more of a focus on attacks with effects than just "big number". The wording will mostly be SS-era, however.

Erialum is a semipolar and polar region to the far south of PokeEarth, consisting of one large island to the south and several smaller, warmer islands to the north. I don't have a map currently, but perhaps I'll include one with a later update. The region was only recently established with a permanent population, as changing temperatures and the introduction of new species have allowed humans to inhabit the region permanently at last. I don't particularly like fakemon, so I'll try to stick to the realm of what's created already.

Without further ado, let me introduce the first three lines of the first set, Spring Beginnings:

Snover HP: 70 [W]
Basic

snover-f.png

NO. 459 Frost Tree Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 111.3 lbs.
[C] Frozen Foliage
This Pokémon's type is [G] during your next turn.

[W][C][C] Icetree Punch 50

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance:

Snover live in polar forests, learning to camouflage themselves in the snow before they evolve and take to the tundras.
23/111 - Common

Abomasnow HP: 120 [W]
459.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Snover
abomasnow-f.png

NO. 460 Frost Tree Pokémon HT: 7'03" WT: 298.7 lbs.
[W] Snow Warning
Put a damage counter on each Pokémon in play, excluding [W] Pokémon. Then, flip a coin. If heads, attach a [W] Energy from your hand to this Pokémon.

[W][W][C] Taiga Smash 90
This attack can also be used for [G][G][C].

Resistance:

They're far too big to live in the forests, so they make their home in the tundra. Occasionally, stories of them helping lost travelers emerge.
24/111 - Rare

Starting off fairly simple and with the most obvious choice for a polar or semipolar region, Abomasnow. Snover live in the polar forests, where they blend in better and have more cover, until they evolve and become too big to really move around in them. Abomasnow is one of the few Pokémon capable of surviving a polar winter out there, blending in with the endless blizzards they partially summon.

This card isn't complicated, but it is unique, I think. They both take on the same Abomasnow concept of being able to do water and grass damage, but Snover is worse at it because it's unevolved. I'd imagine Abomasnow would just see play in grass decks to hit fire attackers, although maybe Snow Warning can help out in some spread deck somewhere.

Munna HP: 60
Basic

munna.png

NO. 517 Dream Eater Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 51.3 lbs.
[C] Double Hypnosis
Both Active Pokémon are now Asleep.

[P] Dreamy Draw
You can only use this attack if this Pokémon is Asleep. Draw 3 cards.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:

Munna float through snowy forests at night, searching for dreams to eat. They don't eat anything else.
44/111 - Common

Musharna HP: 100 [P]
517.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Munna

musharna.png

NO. 518 Drowsing Pokémon HT: 3'07" WT: 133.4 lbs.
Ability: Dream Theatre
Once during Pokémon Checkup, if you have a Stadium card in play, you may shuffle that card into your deck. Then, search your deck for a Stadium card and put it into play. Shuffle your deck afterwards. You can't use more than 1 Dream Theatre Ability per turn.

[P][P] Lucid Shift 40
Discard a Stadium card in play or this attack does nothing. If you discarded your opponent's Stadium card, put a Stadium card from your discard pile into play.

Resistance:

It's said that one dream is enough to feed it for a week. It prefers the dreams of strong Pokémon.
45/111 - Rare Holo

Munna and Musharna are uniquely adapted to this landscape. As they float, they aren't burdened by snow, and their food doesn't disappear with the seasons. This lets them "hunt" for dreams at night, when they're less likely to be detected, and because they tire less quickly they can sustain themselves for longer periods of time. They tend to live mostly in the polar forests of the region, but will occasionally venture out into the tundras during the summer nights.

This card doesn't really reflect any of that, but I wanted a few more open-ended cards to get people thinking. The stadium card at the bottom of this update is pretty obviously designed to work with it, although hopefully not too strong. In general, I think Stadium cards have a lot of unexplored potential, especially since TPC likes to recycle the same few over and over again. The attack's kind of an afterthought but can reset you if things go south.

Slakoth HP: 50 [C]
Basic
slakoth.png

NO. 287 Slacker Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 52.9 lbs.
[C][C] Half-Effort Foraging
Flip 2 coins. If both are heads, put a card from your discard pile into your hand.

Resistance:

It's thought they thrived better when the Erialum Region was warmer. It's unknown how they've survived this long.
83/111 - Common

Vigoroth HP: 80 [C]
287.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Slakoth
vigoroth.png

NO. 288 Wild Monkey Pokémon HT: 4'07" WT: 102.5 lbs.
[C] Upheaval 20+
You may discard a Stage 2 Pokémon from your hand. If you do, this attack does 40 more damage.

[C][C][C] Hyperactive Tactics 10
This attack's damage can't be increased. If this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokémon, take another turn after this one. You can only use Hyperactive Tactics once per game.

Resistance:

It's estimated that for every 10 Vigoroth in Erialum, there's 1 Slaking. They seem to be stronger than Vigoroth in other regions.
84/111 - Uncommon

Slaking HP: 130 [C]
288.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Vigoroth

slaking.png

NO. 289 Lazy Pokémon HT: 6'07" WT: 287.7 lbs.
[C][C][C] Dumbbell Punch 80
Draw a card, then discard a card from your hand. This Pokémon can't attack during your next turn.

[C][C][C][C] Overlook 100
If the Defending Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from this attack, you take 1 fewer Prize card.

Resistance:

They're an extremely rare sight in Erialum. Even rarer, reports of a bipedal Slaking emerge from time to time, although no hard evidence has ever been found.
85/111 - Rare

Scientists finding Slaking in the Erialum region was a surprise, given the massive food costs and it and Slakoth's extreme laziness, but Vigoroth was well-adapted to the environment. They're a relatively common site in cities and make their homes in less wintry forests of the area. Scientists have observed Vigoroth packs dispersing exp among their members so as to ensure none of them evolve, which might partially explain the lack of Slaking in the area. Slaking are somewhat more common on the northern islands, which are more tropical, but still pretty rare.

This is reflected in the cards. Slaking is designed to be as bad as possible (but you can still seal a game or take a problematic KO with it if you really need to) because you're just pitching it with Vigoroth, who sports a pretty decent 1 for 60 attack, with a small but thematic cost. Hyperactive tactics can be funny, but I don't expect it to see much use in a quick-hitter deck.

Frozen World
Trainer - Stadium

Each player must discard a card from their hand to play a Supporter card from their hand.

This Stadium stays in play when you play it. Discard it if another Stadium comes into play. If a Stadium with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.
109/111 - Uncommon

One of two stadiums in the set, this is the more opponent's turn-y one for Musharna. I'm not sure if this is too strong or not, especially with Dream Theatre being able to loop it, but I hope not. I guess removing the ability to topdeck a supporter and get back in might be a bit much, so hand control options will be limited in these sets.

Thank you for reading. I'd appreciate comments on these cards and this project, if you're feeling inclined.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
\\ Erialum Project: Spring Beginnings 2 \\

Welcome back. Today we'll be taking a look at three Pokemon lines introduced to the region by human activity.

Skiddo HP: 60 [G]
Basic
skiddo.png

NO. 672 Mount Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 68.3 lbs.
[C] Lead and Forage
Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a Supporter card and a basic Energy card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[G][C] Leech Seed 20
Heal 20 damage from this Pokémon.

Resistance: [W] -20

They were brought by the first permanent settlers of the region. At one point, nearly every family had one.
9/111 - Common

Gogoat HP: 100 [G]
672.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Skiddo
gogoat.png

NO. 673 Mount Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 200.6 lbs.
Ability: Grass Pelt
This Pokémon gains +10 HP for each [G] Energy attached to it. You can't add more than 50 HP in this way.

[G][G] Horn Leech 10+
This Attack does 10 more damage for each [G] Energy attached to this Pokémon. Then, heal 10 damage from this Pokémon for each [G] Energy attached to it.

Resistance: [W] -20

They were so commonly domesticated in the past that even wild Gogoat will let humans ride them.
10/111 - Rare Holo

First up, Gogoat. When Erialum was first settled, Gogoat were brought due to being hardy, providing milk, and being able to ride them in the non-winter months. Eventually, they became ubiquitous for a while until the start of the modern era, at which point mostly just farmers on the northern plains kept them. There's some wild populations around the plains, too, and sometimes they'll mix with domesticated herds. The card's designed to be simple to reflect that, with nothing outstanding to it but a decent power level that anybody can play.

Torkoal HP: 80 [R]
Basic
torkoal.png

NO. 324 Coal Pokémon HT: 1'08" WT: 172.2 lbs.
[R] Weather Alterations
Discard a Stadium card in play. If you do, draw 4 cards.

[R][C][C] Blasting Eruption 10+
If you have 5 or fewer cards in your deck, this attack does 140 more damage.

Resistance:

They were brought by the first settlers to help heat their homes. This wasn't a particularly great idea.
13/111 - Rare

When playing sword & shield, I always imagined that the erratic weather in the wild area was caused by the amount of Pokemon in there with weather-generated abilities. Torkoal being in this cold region is an extension to that, it was initially brought to heat homes, but so many of them with a drought ability over the years in one place severely heated up the northern parts of the mainland, changing the environment pretty substantially. This was noticed and great care was taken to keep the Torkoal population to the already effected areas, as to not disturb the rest of the local Pokémon. The card itself doesn't really show that off, as it's based on the card Blasting the Ruins from ygo, one of the funnier rogue decks to ever exist. You try to draw through your deck as fast as you can, and then hit for a ton of damage. I don't expect it to be good, maybe just as a lategame tech in fire decks, but it could be a fun casual deck.

Voltorb HP: 50 [L]
Basic
voltorb.png

NO. 100 Ball Pokémon HT: 1'08" WT: 22.9 lbs.
[C] Charging Up
Attach up to 2 [L] Energy cards from your discard pile to this Pokémon.

[L] Energy Bomb 10x
This attack does 10 damage for each Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you did more than 50 damage in this way, Knock Out this Pokémon.

Resistance: [M] -20

They were brought to Erialum to generate Electricity. They're still popular among those who explore the wilderness for this reason.
30/111 - Common

Electrode HP: 80 [L]
100.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Voltorb

electrode.png

NO. 101 Ball Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 146.8 lbs.
Ability: Energy Link
When your Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's Attack, you may move a Basic Energy card attached to that Pokémon to this Pokémon. Then, put a damage counter on this Pokémon.

[C] Enexplosion
Move all Energy attached to this Pokémon to your Benched Pokémon in any way you like. If this Pokémon has 4 or more damage counters on it, this Pokémon does 80 damage to itself.

Resistance: [M] -20
Retreat:

They're said to be more stable in Erialum than other regions due to the cold weather.
31/111 - Uncommon

A lot of lightning Pokemon could fill the role of portable generator, but Electrode rarely gets a spotlight so I picked it. This Electrode, like all the other Electrodes, is built around exploding, but in a more helpful way. It's a built-in generic exp share which can give the energy to whatever it wants, and then explode if it's damaged like a good electrode would. If this hypothetical format is slow enough, I could see this being a tech card in a lot of decks.

P.I.
Trainer - Supporter
Spr DP PI.png

Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon. For the rest of your turn after playing this card, you can't take any Prize cards.

Supporter rule: You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn.
103/111 - Uncommon

Boss's Orders is no longer a balanced card. This is my attempt to fix it. It'd probably fine just getting a free switch in a format without multiprizers, but in my head decks running 4 Boss and no other supporter at 4 just speaks to a broken format. It's entirely used just to take 2-3 prizes a turn and is a huge part of why late sm on feels as fast as it does. This is the same all-purpose removal of problematic things, but it doesn't let you fasttrack winning the game the same way Boss does since you aren't taking prizes, so you really have to think about when you want to use it.

Thank you for reading. Feedback is appreciated.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I like your theory for why the weather in the Wild Area is as erratic as it is. I never even SUSPECTED that there could be a logical explanation (not that it bothered me as much as it bothered many other people), but the idea that the weather is influenced by high-concentrations of Pokémon with weather-changing moves and abilities makes perfect sense. It would also explain why there are far fewer weather patterns on the Isle of Armor and in the Crown Tundra, which both have less biodiversity than the wild area.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
\\ Erialum Project: Spring Beginnings 3 \\

Welcome back. Three more lines for today.

Tyrogue HP: 30 [F]
Basic
tyrogue.png

NO. 236 Scuffle Pokémon HT: 2'04" WT: 46.3 lbs.
Ability: Baby's Bonds
When this Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, you may search your deck for a Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[-] Quickfire Punch 30
This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

In the winter, hordes of Tyrogue go out to the Tundra to train. By spring, most of them have evolved.
47/111 - Uncommon

Hitmontop HP: 70 [F]
Basic
hitmontop.png

NO. 237 Handstand Pokémon HT: 4'07" WT: 105.8 lbs.
[F] Top Turn 20
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If that Pokémon is a [F] Pokémon, move an Energy from this Pokémon to your new Active Pokémon.

[F][F] Balanced Power 40
If you have the same number of Prize cards remaining as your opponent, draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

Resistance:

Seeing a Hitmontop fighting upright is considered a sign of bad luck, or an unskilled trainer.
48/111 - Rare

First up, Tyrogue and Hitmontop. I'm still trying to figure out how baby Pokemon can be applied best, so this is what I went with. Their hallmark in this incarnation is having zero-energy attacks and searching out their evolution upon KO. That second one might not be used terribly much, but Tyrogue will certainly be useful for a card later on in this post. Hitmontop will make more sense in a few sets.

Murkrow HP: 60 [D]
Basic
murkrow-f.png

NO. 198 Darkness Pokémon HT: 1'08" WT: 4.6 lbs.
Ability: Goodie Hunt
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a [D] Energy and attach it to 1 of your Honchkrow in play. Then, shuffle your deck.

[D] Sky Return 10
Put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

Resistance: [F] -20

They descend on cities at night in droves, searching for shiny objects to decorate their boss's nest.
56/111 - Common

Honchkrow HP: 90 [D]
198.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Murkrow

honchkrow.png

NO. 430 Big Boss Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 60.2 lbs.
[D] Summoning Swarm
Put up to 3 Murkrow from your discard pile into your hand.

[D][D][C] Swarm Flyby 80
Discard 2 [D] Energy from this Pokémon. This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon for each Murkrow on your Bench (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

It rarely leaves its nest in the forests, saving its energy for territory fights. A single mob of Murkrow and Honchkrow have been reported with up to 30 trees under their territory.
57/111 - Rare

This is a fun little idea and why I like doing full lines instead of just Pokémon individually. Murkrow's the first real energy acceleration in this format, pulling a dark energy out of the deck once you're already set up. Swarm Flyby is one of the more individually powerful attacks so far, with the discard cost necessitating looping or careful management of your Murkrows.

Aron HP: 50 [M]
Basic
aron.png

NO. 304 Iron Armor Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 132.3 lbs.
[C] Mountain Munch
Discard the top card of your deck. Then, heal 20 damage from this Pokémon.

[M][C][C] Dense Tackle 20+
If this Pokémon has more HP remaining than the Defending Pokémon, this attack does 20 more damage.

Resistance: [P] -20

It's often joked that swarms of Aron are responsible for mountain and cliffside erosion. In modern times, they're considered a nuisance.
63/111 - Common

Lairon HP: 90 [M]
304.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Aron

lairon.png

NO. 305 Iron Armor Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 264.6 lbs.
[M] Mountain Munch
Discard the top 3 cards of your deck. Then, heal 30 damage from this Pokémon.

[M][C][C] Terrain Shifting 50
Shuffle 2 cards from your discard pile into your deck.

Unlike Aron, they tend to keep to the mountains. New tunnels within are usually attributed to them.
64/111 - Uncommon

Aggron HP: 130 [M]
305.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Lairon

aggron.png

NO. 306 Iron Armor Pokémon HT: 6'11" WT: 793.7 lbs.
Ability: Perfect Metal
If this Pokémon is in the Active Spot and would be Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, if that attack does more damage than this Pokémon's remaining HP, this Pokémon is not Knocked Out and its HP becomes 10 instead.

[M][M][M][C] Mountain Shaper 80
Discard as many cards from the top of your deck as you like. Then, heal 10 damage from this Pokémon for each card discarded in this way.

They likely have more knowledge of the cave systems they live in than even humans. Many have tried to follow them through, but none have returned.
65/111 - Rare

This line has a lot of history in the region. Aron are considered a nuisance in populated areas, due to their habit of chewing on any rocks or metals they find when young to figure out which ones they like. They're pretty difficult to remove manually, due to weighing over 100 pounds and being difficult to pick up. Young teenagers and beginner trainers often pick up part-time jobs of catching them in cities and transferring them back to the mountains where they belong. Upon evolution, they usually stay in the mountain range or cliffside cave system that they were born in, tunneling inwards to create vast networks. Humans pretty often get lost in these caves and are advised to stick to the human-made and maintained parts for their own safety, although Lairon and Aggron are pretty neutral towards their presence while Aron are curious.

This card is strong, no two ways around it. The ability's the sole reason Tyrogue does what it does, as a 0-energy shred effect to KO Aggron in a pinch. If an Aggron gets set up, it's a beast to take down, but it has to win quickly or avoid making use of its healing as much as possible if it wants to do that. It's also slow to set up, so I hope those factors will keep it in check alongside Tyrogue's existence.

Ration Energy
Special Energy

As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon, it provides [C] Energy.

When you attach this card from your hand to a Pokémon, choose 1 of the following:
* Heal 20 damage from that Pokémon.
* That Pokémon recovers from all Special Conditions.

111/111 - Uncommon

This card's probably not good, but it's at least more unique than just adding Potion and Full Heal. Aggron can make use of it, at least. I haven't actually revealed any cards that make use of Special Conditions so far, but that's soon to change.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
\\ Erialum Project: Spring Beginnings 4 \\

Welcome back. Today I'll be covering some Pokemon native to Erialum's northern Archipelago. These islands are considerably warmer than the mainland, and are far enough away that you usually have to take plane or a multi-day boat trip to get to them. Despite that, however, they've got a lot of vibrant Pokemon on them, a few towns, and even a gym, giving prospecting trainers a reason to make the trek.

Tropius HP: 90 [G]
Basic
tropius.png

NO. 357 Fruit Pokémon HT: 6'07" WT: 220.5 lbs.
[C] Sweet Sharing
Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck. If that Pokémon is a [G] Pokémon, you may move a Basic Energy card attached to this Pokémon to that Pokémon.

[G][C] Fly 30
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

It's advised to not bring them to the mainland. On the islands, they're a common sight around schools.
4/111 - Uncommon

Perhaps most emblematic of the different climate is Tropius, a Pokemon whose 4x ice weakness would make it very poorly suited for a polar or semipolar region. In a more jungle-like climate, though, they thrive, filling a similar ecological niche to a Pokemon we'll get to a few posts from now. It's common for local schools to domesticate a tropius, as they like to provide their food to humans and Pokemon. Nobody goes hungry that way. The card's simple, offering generic setup with a bonus if you play it with its type and a very run-of-the-mill attack. Not every card in a set needs to swing for the fences.

Goomy HP: 40 [N]
Basic
goomy.png

NO. 704 Soft Tissue Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 6.2 lbs.
Ability: Shade Search
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is on your Bench, you may flip a coin. If heads, put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it on the bottom of your deck.

[W] Call for Goomy
Search your deck for up to 2 Goomy and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [Y] x2
Resistance:

They like the rain, so they stick to the islands. If there's no rain, a sprinkler or garden hose will do.
72/111 - Common

Sliggoo HP: 80 [N]
704.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Goomy

sliggo.png

NO. 705 Soft Tissue Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 38.6 lbs.
[C] Slimy Rescue
Put up to 2 Goomy from your discard pile onto your Bench.

[W][Y][C] Hand Dissolution 10+
Put up to 2 cards from your hand onto the bottom of your deck. This attack does 20 more damage for each card put on the bottom of your deck in this way.

Resistance:

They're a favorite among young boys in Erialum. Once a year, before the winter, rangers have a task of rounding up those who escaped as pets on the mainland.
73/111 - Uncommon

Goodra HP: 140 [N]
705.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Sliggoo

goodra.png

NO. 706 Dragon Pokémon HT: 6'07" WT: 331.8 lbs.
[W][Y] Ground Swell 30x
Declare a card type (Pokémon, Trainer, or Energy), then reveal the bottom 5 cards of your deck. This attack does 30 damage for each card of the declared type revealed. Then, shuffle those cards into your deck. If this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokémon, put all cards of the declared type you revealed to your hand instead.

Resistance:

They're considered a sign of true strength on the mainland. In reality, they're one of the best Pokémon for families with young children.
74/111 - Rare Holo

There's a lot to unpack here. I wanted to challenge myself to create a Pokemon with only one attack, as that's not really something you see much outside of VMAXes, and although there's not a lot of text on it it's a pretty neat attack, in my opinion. A little luck-based, with a huge upside if you take a ko and one of the few cards in this set that can ohko anything. Goomy can help you reset, but unfortunately I do think it has to be on a coin flip, otherwise 2 Goomy would shut down mill entirely.

Goodra's another Pokemon that hates ice and therefore doesn't fare too well on the mainland, especially with its connection to rain. This doesn't stop Goomy and Sliggoo from being popular pets, but usually of the indoor variety. Seeing a trainer take a dragon Pokemon on their journey is usually a sign of major strength, but Goodra especially because their evolution requires rain, which is pretty rare inland.

Snubbull HP: 60 [Y]
Basic
snubbull.png

NO. 209 Fairy Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 17.6 lbs.
[Y] Scary Face 10
If the Defending Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, that Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[Y][C] Tantrum
Discard the top 2 cards from both players' decks.

Resistance: [D] -20

Wild ones on the mainland have a habit of being taken in by families. They have somewhat of a mean streak.
78/111 - Common

Granbull HP: 100 [Y]
209.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Snubbull

granbull.png

NO. 210 Fairy Pokémon HT: 4'07" WT: 107.4 lbs.
Ability: Intimidating Face
As long as this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, your opponent must discard the top 3 cards of their deck to attack with their Basic Pokémon.

[Y][C][C] Regression Punch 40
Choose 1 of your opponent's Evolved Pokémon and devolve it by putting the highest stage Evolution card on it into your opponent's hand.

Resistance: [D] -20

It isn't kept around for its looks. They'd make good guard dogs, but they're actually quite timid.
79/111 - Uncommon

Here's a mill card. I'm not the biggest fan of Granbull as a Pokemon, but I still tried to make it do something interesting. It slightly punishes basics for playing while being able to devolve things to help it achieve its win condition. Granbull isn't an island exclusive, because it actually has fur, but it still prefers the warmer climate. They're sorta popular as pets, although generally as more of a sign of wealth than anything. Snubbull who get taken in as strays don't tend to evolve as quickly.

Last edited: