Help Clefairy's Mini-Metronome Copying Aero Ball With Counter Energy

handsomep

Aspiring Trainer
If Clefairy (VIV #063) uses it's Mini-Metronome attack to copy an attack such as Aero Ball, X Ball, etc. and the opponent has a Counter Energy attached to their active Pokemon, the energy value of Counter Energy is still based off whether the owner of the Pokemon with the Counter Energy has more prize cards than you, correct?

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
If Clefairy (VIV #063) uses it's Mini-Metronome attack to copy an attack such as Aero Ball, X Ball, etc. and the opponent has a Counter Energy attached to their active Pokemon, the energy value of Counter Energy is still based off whether the owner of the Pokemon with the Counter Energy has more prize cards than you, correct?
This is a VERY specific situation, which makes me wonder if you’re asking this because you’ve actually run into this situation and are looking for advise.
Ignore the Clefairy for a minute.
https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/lugia-ex-aero-ball.138192/
I found this ruling when I looked up Pokémon Aero Ball Rulings. It mentions Double Dragon Energy adding 40 damage if it attached to a Dragon Pokémon, so I’m guessing that Counter Energy would add 40 damage if the requirement is met. However, I may be wrong on this one.

handsomep

Aspiring Trainer
If Clefairy (VIV #063) uses it's Mini-Metronome attack to copy an opponent's active Pokemon attack based off total energy (Aero Ball, Energy Burst, etc.) and the opponent has a Counter Energy attached to their active Pokemon, the energy value of Counter Energy is till based off whether the Pokemon with the Counter Energy has more prize cards than you, correct?

This is a VERY specific situation, which makes me wonder if you’re asking this because you’ve actually run into this situation and are looking for advise.
Ignore the Clefairy for a minute.
https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/lugia-ex-aero-ball.138192/
I found this ruling when I looked up Pokémon Aero Ball Rulings. It mentions Double Dragon Energy adding 40 damage if it attached to a Dragon Pokémon, so I’m guessing that Counter Energy would add 40 damage if the requirement is met. However, I may be wrong on this one.
Yep, was playing with my son and it just came up. I had Clefairy and he had Victini V (with a Counter Energy) so the copied attack was actually Victini V's Energy Burst, but I cited the ball attacks as I thought people may be familiar with those. In this case, what I was wondering was whether the word "you/opponent" in Counter Energy's text "If you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent" were fixed to the Pokemon's owner or were relative to the attacking Pokemon.

Last edited:

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
I think Clefairy copies the effects of attacks, NOT the effects of any energy attached to the opponent. Whether Victini has Counter Energy attached or not, I don't think it would affect Clefairy's damage output. It would count as 1 energy. I could be wrong tho.
However, if Clefairy has Counter Energy and the requirement is met, then it would actually count as 2.
But what do I know? I don't play the current TCG 😆

Also, I notice that you ask a lot of questions. I feel like some of them could be answered if you play the online TCG. But it's great that you play with your son as well!!

Last edited:

handsomep

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you. Yeah, just picked up the game (with my son) a few months ago and I'm absorbing 12 years of rules (and rule changes) so several questions have popped up. I usually find my questions already posted with answers or in the Rules Compendium, but not always. My experience with TCG Online is mostly limited to entering the online codes from booster packs (and playing a few drills/challenges). Excluding the drills/challenges, you're limited to Pokemon you've unlocked online correct? So no easy way to test the Clefairy + Victini V + Counter Energy online?