Shining Magikarp and Lugia Revealed from ’25th Anniversary Collection!’

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon has officially revealed Shining Magikarp and Lugia from the 25th Anniversary Collection set! It releases in Japan on October 22nd.

Shining-Magikarp-25th-300x300.png

Shining Magikarp Promo

Shining-Magikarp-218x300.jpg

Original English Print

Lugia-25th-300x300.png

Lugia

Shining Magikarp is a reprint from 2001’s Neo Revelation. In Japan it will be a promo available through the “25th Anniversary Edition” promo pack, which you can get when purchasing four booster packs of 25th Anniversary Collection. Each pack contains 1 of 25 classic cards. All the cards will have the secret rare “texture” and McDonalds holofoil pattern.
Lugia is brand new and will be in Japan’s 25th Anniversary Collection set, which contains 28+ cards. Our Celebrations set will...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Welll, not a surprise for me. If you want to see the setlist, feel free to see it. Spoilers, all cards from the main set are flat out bad except Mew and Zacian.

Welll, not a surprise for me. If you want to see the setlist, feel free to see it. Spoilers, all cards from the main set are flat out bad except Mew and Zacian.
what are you on about? shining magikarp is among the most prized cards from the early tcg.

We're talking about Lugia, bro. WTH?

Also, its the main set we're talking about. Classic remake are just remake of cards with 25th Pikachu stamp.
it wasn't clear which card you were talking about, really, and magikarp is the attention-grabber

Well, of all the Neo Shining Pokemon, I certainly wasn't expecting Shining Magikarp, but I think it's great! I've said it before and I'll say it again, this set looks like the epitome of fun! (Availability and how "fun" that will be is another subject altogether, though.)

I wonder if all the cards in the second set in celebrations will have the same rarity or if some will be more common

Wdym, mate? The main set? They're all holo but the Legendary are "common" in that set.
I mean like the subset with the reprints of old cards plus the logo, but if the main set is all common then im guessing it will be 1 of the subset per pack?

I mean like the subset with the reprints of old cards plus the logo, but if the main set is all common then im guessing it will be 1 of the subset per pack?
Based on what I saw on the leaks, 3 common cards and the 1 will be V/FA/SR/Classic card idk.

Based on what I saw on the leaks, 3 common cards and the 1 will be V/FA/SR/Classic card idk.
I found a video which you can see on Rhyperior’s set list thread which shows the contents of two sealed Celebrations packs that were opened. One contained three Holos and the Full Art Pikachu, the other contained four Holos, one of which was the normal Professor Oak non-Full Art. So not every pack will contain a hit.

Back