Extremely Rare Eeveelution VMAX and Gym Leader Promos Releasing in Hong Kong, May Come Overseas!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Players in Hong Kong and Taiwain who perform well in Gym tournaments will receive the alternate art versions of the Eeveelution VMAX cards!

Eeveelution-VMAX-Cards-Gym-Trainer-300x300.jpg

The Eeveelution promos were first announced in Japan a month ago. 3,000 fans will get a copy of each promo through a special lottery campaign that ends September 30th. These types of lottery promos are usually kept exclusive to Japan, but since Hong Kong is now getting them, there’s a possibility we could see them overseas one day.
Players who win each 16-person tournament will receive one of the three promos depending on the tournament date. Tournaments taking place from August 16th to 29th will get Vaporeon, tournaments from August 30th to September 12th will get Jolteon, and tournaments from September 13th to 26th...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
There's no way TPCi won't put these cards in an over-the-top expensive Premium Collection- or, put them in an otherwise awful expansion to make it fly off the shelves.

*cough cough Champion's Path Charizards*

Remember that they'll omit the Alternative Arts of Kanto Eevee Vs from Evolving Skies means the Alt Art VMaxs might mean something.

There's no way TPCi won't put these cards in an over-the-top expensive Premium Collection- or, put them in an otherwise awful expansion to make it fly off the shelves.

*cough cough Champion's Path Charizards*
Why the long face? Many people (myself included) would be EXCITED to get a box full of beautiful alternate arts, and however expensive the box may be, it will be less expensive than buying alternate art singles from TCGPlayer. And with the Kanto Eeveelution Vs and VMAXs PLUS the alternate art Celebi V and Sandaconda V promos, we so far have EIGHT alternate arts saved up for a box… NINE if we don’t get the Espeon VMAX Alternate Art as some people suspect we won’t.

Why the long face? Many people (myself included) would be EXCITED to get a box full of beautiful alternate arts, and however expensive the box may be, it will be less expensive than buying alternate art singles from TCGPlayer. And with the Kanto Eeveelution Vs and VMAXs PLUS the alternate art Celebi V and Sandaconda V promos, we so far have EIGHT alternate arts saved up for a box… NINE if we don’t get the Espeon VMAX Alternate Art as some people suspect we won’t.
Never said I wouldn't like that- all I was saying was that TPCi definitely isn't passing up the opportunity to make a lot of money off of these cards, however they choose to release them

Never said I wouldn't like that- all I was saying was that TPCi definitely isn't passing up the opportunity to make a lot of money off of these cards, however they choose to release them
There are a ton of JP-only cards over the years that "could've made a lot of money" if they'd chosen to release them in other countries. Sometimes it presumably doesn't fit anywhere in the schedule, sometimes it could be a card/cards idiosyncratic to a certain event (eg "The Scream" promos, the Yu Nagaba promos probably won't come here either, etc etc)
If these cards had been announced as coming out in English in a product box you'd see a lot less interest because they'd end up ubiquitous.

True, true, TPCI has been very strategic with the release and placement of chase cards in recent days. For instance, with the release of the two Charizards in Champions Path (P.S. the Charizard VMAX rainbow rare from Champions Path was another limited edition distribution in Japan, with only 600 being printed, which is 20% the quantity of each of the Eeveelution VMAXs printed in Japan). By the way, I thought that, with only 70 cards, Champions Path was a rather mundane set, but when I realized that there was a Reverse Holo Energy and a guaranteed Holo Rare in each pack, I realized that the set wasn’t merely an awful set with a couple of chase cards. Of course, it shouldn’t be a surprise that Nintendo, GameFreak, Creatures, and TPCI want to make money… it’s called capitalism, after all. Not saying that anyone in particular have forgotten that, just wanted to point it out.
There are a ton of JP-only cards over the years that "could've made a lot of money" if they'd chosen to release them in other countries. Sometimes it presumably doesn't fit anywhere in the schedule, sometimes it could be a card/cards idiosyncratic to a certain event (eg "The Scream" promos, the Yu Nagaba promos probably won't come here either, etc etc)
If these cards had been announced as coming out in English in a product box you'd see a lot less interest because they'd end up ubiquitous.
This is also true. We have a plethora of Sun and Moon Full Arts and similar cards that have yet to be released, plus cards like the XY Evolutions style Giovanni’s Scheme and Here Comes Team Rocket full arts (just to name two examples). As for special collaboration cards, I feel like those cards are destined to be Japanese exclusives, perhaps because of the conditions of the collaborations, perhaps just because Creatures wants to preserve the collectibility of the cards, perhaps because TPCI isn’t sure how to release those cards. Still, the Sun and Moon cards I mentioned still have a possibility of being released, with Sun and Moon promos STILL being released two years after the end of the era! And as for the various Alternate Arts, I would be very much surprised if TPCI didn’t create some sort of boxed collection containing these cards.
Don’t forget the fact that unexpected product releases have happened several times during the past couple of years. Last years holiday season saw the release of droves of products that had not previously been on the release list, including the Zacian V League Battle Deck, Premium Elite Trainer Boxes and Ultra Premium Collection, Lapras and Snorlax VMAX box, Kanto Powers boxes, Johto Legends pin collection bundles, Jirachi GX box, Togepi Cleffa and Iggybuff GX box, and many others. Who knows if we have a few collection boxes in store?

I REALLY hope these arts come to international. I know it's not looking good for the Celebi promo but these are some of the best cards I've seen in years. I'm seriously in love with the Jolteon and Flareon especially, and I love the Summer theme they all share. Homerun release. At least there will be a cheaper option now if they stay as "trophy" promos!

Back