All Cards from 'Inteleon / Gengar VMAX High Class Decks' Revealed!

Basculin seems cool because it's splashable into any rapid strike deck and is an instant water type attacker. Pretty cool if you ask me

Tauros and Morpeko both have the rage gimmick going on without good built-in ways to build damage like Spiritomb did. Still, the fact that we have Spikemuth and Houndoom to attach single-strike energy from deck means that a deck like this can work - it will just need plenty of switch outlets like BirdKeeper, Switch and Escape Rope in order to build up enough damage counters.

Morpeko, for the time being, seems superior. While Tauros has a native built-in higher output (240 max at 10 HP left), Morpeko hits an extremely relevant weakness in Calyrex Shadow, and can use Hiding Darkness Energy to build-up two extra counters with Spikemuth without needing to get an Air Balloon in hand. Tauros has both Powerful Colorless and Single Strike Energy, and can also use Cape of Toughness, but maxing it out will likely be much, much harder. And a maxed out Morpeko with enough Single Strike Energy can still one-shot a neutral V-Max.

I love the concept of an angry little Morpeko, covered in blood and bruises, running around in a Cape of Toughness while one-shotting VMAXs

I love the concept of an angry little Morpeko, covered in blood and bruises, running around in a Cape of Toughness while one-shotting VMAXs

Careful, this is a children's game your talking about!
Also, Pokémon's special moves never do physical harm to the target even when using a move like Behemoth Blade or Sacred Sword which is totatally explainable with real world scientific principles as opposed to being a unique phenomenon to the Pokémon world explained by the concept of Life Force, better known to Pokémon players as HP.
So no matter how many times it gets slashed by the blade of Zacian or trampled underfoot by Dynamax Pokémon, your cape-totting Morpeko isn't gonna be sustaining many cuts and bruises.

Also, I just realized these cards ALL have a Holographic treatment! As opposed to our tier 2 decks, where nothing but the Ultra Rare's and (in the not too distant past but not for the foreseeable future) 6 basic Energy every receive any sort of Holo treatment. I imagine people would get much more excited over a Holo Rare Snom reprint than a Rare Frosmoth reprint.

I like the quick ball alternate art. Reminds me of the alt art cherish ball. Really hope we get these as cup promos in the future...

I like the quick ball alternate art. Reminds me of the alt art cherish ball. Really hope we get these as cup promos in the future...
The fact that we have Player's Cup 4, I can see this going. Maybe as a login reward for every weekend where PC was held. Leave the FAs as finals rewards

• Gengar V/VMAX - Totally a good card. 4/5
  • Inteleon V/VMAX - Good card, will see much play. New Greninja. 3/5
  • Lapras - uuugghh! It ain't enough bro. 3
  • Morpeko - the HP is a joke! 2
  • Adventurer's Discovery - I see why Japan pre-orders of these deck boxes went wrong. 5
  • Basculin - not good. 2-3
  • Yveltal - WTH?! 1

Last edited:
Morpeko can become the spiritual successor of Spiritomb. Cape of Toughness remains in format and enables us to build up to nine damage counters on Morpeko. This enables Morpeko to hit for 270 damage without modifiers. You have access to a small Houndoom line and a notable amount of switch cards to activate Spikemuth. Not bad for one attachment and a one-prize attacker at all.

Basculin seems like a nice addition to Rapid Strike decks that focus on sniping and rapid switches between attackers. Wound Swarm seems to work well with Inteleon Vmax and Urshifu Vmax alike. However other main attackers such as Blaiken Vmax and Zeraora V can beenfit from it too since it can hit for one attachment.

Morpeko can become the spiritual successor of Spiritomb. Cape of Toughness remains in format and enables us to build up to nine damage counters on Morpeko. This enables Morpeko to hit for 270 damage without modifiers. You have access to a small Houndoom line and a notable amount of switch cards to activate Spikemuth. Not bad for one attachment and a one-prize attacker at all.

Basculin seems like a nice addition to Rapid Strike decks that focus on sniping and rapid switches between attackers. Wound Swarm seems to work well with Inteleon Vmax and Urshifu Vmax alike. However other main attackers such as Blaiken Vmax and Zeraora V can beenfit from it too since it can hit for one attachment.
What makes Spiritomb better? It has an ability to apply damage to itself, where Morpeko needs to apply more pressure that you'll up burning a lot of cards. And Tool Scrapper is still in the format so it's not going to do well.

I really like the Morpeko and Basculin. Would be interesting to see how Galarian Rapidash and Basculin would pair together. (Actually on second thought, it might be overkill)

Back