Creatures Promises Greater TCG Production, Imposes Temporary Lottery System

vinyl_warrior

Aspiring Trainer
That's great and everything, but maybe they should also look at their ridiculously predatory product strategy. 4 Eevee VMAXes are *only* available in the VMAX special set, and even then, you only get *1* at random. So anyone looking for a playset is down for at least 16 packs. But then laughably, they limited quantities to 1. So, uh, what did they think was going to happen when they do this for the 2nd most popular Pokemon character in Japan?

I lost probably 2 hours of my day trying in vain to get orders in on their site. I screwed myself over once and lost my 90% complete cart, but they wiped my cart once or twice in that time too. It sucked.

Fortunately, the next day I went to a local card shop, and they had just received their finalized launch day quantities, and they offered the half dozen of each product to the players that showed up. Got 1 of each of the expansion box, VMAX special set, and each High Class deck. Could have also gotten the double set but didn't want to pay extra for a bunch of cases and damage counters I don't need.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Me reading "We're going to make more product, we swear!" announcements almost a full year after the problems really started like...

200.gif

lapisrabbit5

Aspiring Trainer
Creatures: Okay we know that scalpers using bots is a problem and we want to fix this
Also creatures: Here's a new system that can be easily abused by these bots!

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
It's sad how bad scalpers are. It goes to show that there's greed in every part of the world, even card games

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Between scalping and now lotteries, we’ll see the return of Game Corner slots in no time.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Great.

Scalpers are starting to cripple access to cards on Earth...

^ Whether it's Japan, in which the scalpers won, despite strict supply-maintenance measures imposed by Creatures, measures that include the article-mentioned lottery, by driving up the demand, but illegitimately in the strongest sense, with their actions, or even the USA, where they may have won too much when they managed to take down an innocent Target shopper in Wisconsin, and in the process, brought the pokemon card scalper situation to the scary level. The level that's spooking Wal-Mart & Target away from the card-selling business, a spook that makes me wish that most places are moving away from the worst part of the pandemic that shuttered the hobby shops, as without Wal-Mart or Target, TCG becomes online-sale-only, or at least until the day we can find and play with pokemon cards like we used to, without the need for a environment enforced by one central location(rather than one for all 50 states, or something like that) like the one created by a bad pandemic like COVID. But the scalpers are surely making that part nearly impossible in a world of face-coverings...

^ Such scariness makes me afraid to buy any more physical cards in the near-term, but maybe once COVID officially passes, and manufacturing finally returns to normal, this scalper business will become a classic memory... Until then, I'm sticking to the online game, where scalping is harder to do without TPCi enforcement watching, and keeping the prices reasonable...
...Or so they say...

Last edited:

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
At this point, I don't know why the Pokemon Company just doesn't hold off on selling. People beg for new products, just to take them for themselves, and it's a disaster that stores all over are so low on Pokemon cards. They're JUST cards, people. I saw an article just recently where there was a fight over Pokemon cards, and four men got ultimately arrested as a result. Pokemon just needs to cut down so that people can calm down.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
How the hell are you even supposed to buy product anymore? This has gone completely off the rails.