First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Abomasnow - the buff of HP makes a good interaction with Scroll of Corns, the item specifically for SS mons that can access to the Outrage attack for a single SS energy. The problem is... You're playing stage 1 in the form of Houndoom, and something like a SS Vmax, do we need this? 3-4

LifePartTwo

Aspiring Trainer
SS Urshifu deck can already run into bench space problems. Another stage 1 to setup. Why couldn’t they make the attack cost a fighting or darkness. Can’t attack with it in most lists.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
That’s pretty neat, it’s like the old Plasma Umbreon from way back in the day, just with higher HP boosting and without stacking. Seems like good balance for that kind of effect.

huupie2

Aspiring Trainer
190 HP on a stage 1 bench sitter. That's higher than crobat and not worth 2 prizes. They actually did a pretty good job of balancing this card lol
It could be balanced by giving it 90 base hp. I think that would be a more elegant way to do it. Or 100 hp if they don't want it to be searchable with level ball.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
SS Urshifu deck can already run into bench space problems. Another stage 1 to setup. Why couldn’t they make the attack cost a fighting or darkness. Can’t attack with it in most lists.

SS Urshifu VMAX isn't the only SS VMAX that we know of...Also this works with ANY single strike pokemon. A SS V pokemon with toughness cape and Abomansow is 100+ HP. That's VMAX territory of HP on a pokemon that gives up only 2 prize cards.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
It could be balanced by giving it 90 base hp. I think that would be a more elegant way to do it. Or 100 hp if they don't want it to be searchable with level ball.
Abomasnow typically have higher hp because they're tankier pokemon. lowest they could get would be around 120, and even then, 170 on a single-prizer still pretty high

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
I guess we don't have to care about SS Houndoom's damage counters anymore

LifePartTwo

Aspiring Trainer
SS Urshifu VMAX isn't the only SS VMAX that we know of...Also this works with ANY single strike pokemon. A SS V pokemon with toughness cape and Abomansow is 100+ HP. That's VMAX territory of HP on a pokemon that gives up only 2 prize cards.
So this new ss pokemon v is grass which then in turn makes ss energy, urns, houndoom useless. This falls more along the lines of emboar. Off color bench sitter when it could have been a useful darkness/fighting single prize Pokémon.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
It feels like half of the people here appreciate how good this Pokémon is, and the other half are complaining about how useless it will be since it doesn’t fit into the only EXISTING Single Strike deck. The problem with that logic is that we don’t know what other Single Strike cards will be released. And to be honest, not being able to accelerate SS Energy isn’t much of a loss since this card is a bench sitter that clearly isn’t meant to attack. This card has serious potential, and even if it is never used in the official format it should at least be a step in the right direction for making Abomasnow playable in cube. 5 Charmanders. ;)
So this new ss pokemon v is grass which then in turn makes ss energy, urns, houndoom useless. This falls more along the lines of emboar. Off color bench sitter when it could have been a useful darkness/fighting single prize Pokémon.
See above.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Little late to this party but I will do whatever I can to find a way to make castform work. I loved rotom enough to play it from release to rotation. The stadium vs tool issue is not a small one (extra tools could all at least give free retreat, increased damage, or confusion, etc., whereas only one stadium can be used at a time (and the fire attacker, being the only one with decent output, discards a stadium so it can't really be a defensive one) . Not to mention hapu and clay and 2 stadiums that could have deleted other stadiums (viridian and hearth) will soon rotate so non-research ways of deleting stadiums are going to have to be things like Cinncino or galarian meowth, or bad supporters like Milo, Allister, Bea?!, Oleana!?!
But maybe new cards will be printed that make this worthwhile, or new stadiums that say discard up to 3 stadiums directly from your deck, if you do, search your deck for 3 more stadiums and put them in your hand... or something...

LifePartTwo

Aspiring Trainer
It feels like half of the people here appreciate how good this Pokémon is, and the other half are complaining about how useless it will be since it doesn’t fit into the only EXISTING Single Strike deck. The problem with that logic is that we don’t know what other Single Strike cards will be released. And to be honest, not being able to accelerate SS Energy isn’t much of a loss since this card is a bench sitter that clearly isn’t meant to attack. This card has serious potential, and even if it is never used in the official format it should at least be a step in the right direction for making Abomasnow playable in cube. 5 Charmanders. ;)

See above.

The fact that it is a bench sitter is the whole issue. If the attack cost was in line with the other SS Pokémon it could have versatility. There would be options. But seems people are cool with more simplistic gameplay.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
The whiny drama, with the same people trying to beat the same dead horse, with the same lack of conscructive commentary, and the same unnecessarily abrasive and very often just outright disrespectful remarks about other perfectly polite community members is getting really tiresome, I freaking kid you not.

So...let's try and talk about the actual card... I think if anything, it's interesting. The effect is definitely strong, and like others have pointed out, it has some obvious synergies with Scroll of Scorn. That being said...at the current moment I'd be hard pressed to justify adding more clunkiness into an already "somewhat clunky" deck. So far all Single Strike decks, Urshi, Primeape and solo Tyranitar really depend on Houndoom to function, and unless down the road some form of Single Strike strategy that doesn't rely on Houndoom exist (I doubt it), I don't think it's worth it. Again I'm caught wondering if they'll give us some type of Dive Ball, Heavy Ball, etc, for Single and Rapid Strike pokémon down the road, but I don't think so, it would probably be too good. It's the only thing I think could maaaaaybe add consistency enough that it allows for a line of Abomasnow to be included in a deck where you ideally want 3 spots on your bench dedicated to a specific line. Either way it's a cool card and people will definitely at least try experimenting with it a bit.

Last edited: