First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Remember, we still don’t know what Flannery does. Maybe Fire in Standard isn’t as doomed as we think it is.

flariados

Aspiring Trainer
Zarude would be more broken if instead of putting the Grass Pokèmon in your hand it puts them on the bench
My thoughts exactly. Could just be 3 Grass Basics and I still think it could see some play. There's just too much Marnie in the format right now for this to viable in my opinion.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Fireproof Gloves probably could be used for a silly tech in metal decks. Slap onto a Corviknight VMax and it ohkos a Reshizard. Cant be weak to fire if you one shot their fire!

(Then again, Struggle Gloves does the same thing and it's pretty much useless.)

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm...I think nowadays, 150 HP should be the minimum for Stage 2's, considering how hard they are to use, unless maybe they have an absolutely insane attack or ability. But that Gengar is still somewhat interesting.
Might be also the fact that the ability turns on when it gets KO'd. Having a higher HP is kind of counterintuitive you somewhat want it to be KO'd.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
My thoughts exactly. Could just be 3 Grass Basics and I still think it could see some play. There's just too much Marnie in the format right now for this to viable in my opinion.
If it takes basics to the bench instead it overlaps with SSH Gossifleur. Arguably its better since it can take ANY basic, but I suppose Zarude has an advantage of having higher HP and a somewhat decent attack.

I prefer it's current form since it reminds me of Beacon Alolan Vulpix. Neat card.

professsorpoke

NO 3 S's is not a typo
This is outstanding. Rule box nonsense will mess with you obvs, but if you ever want to have some fun without any, lmk and I'd love to play!

I have a list! Just be careful when benching your Zacian and Dedenne! Could play a Exile as well if you want because you can search it easy with Gengar's Ability.

4 Gastly UNB
3 Haunter UNB
3 NEW Gengar
1 Gengar UNB
2 Galarian Zigzagoon
1 Galarian Linoone
2 Galarian Obstagoon
1 Dedenne-GX
1 Zacian V
4 Rosa
1 Boss's Orders
1 Bede
4 Quick Ball
3 Switch
4 Scoop Up Net
3 Rocky Helmet
4 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Evolution Incense
1 Air Balloon
2 Ordinary Rod
2 Darkness Energy
3 Horror Psychic Energy
2 Twin Energy
4 Triple Acceleration Energy

ngl this list is kinda cracked

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Aww, when I saw the name of the card I immediately thought it was gonna remove fire weakness. Bummer, if that were to be the case maybe grass could stand a chance in the format, it's the only one of the classic elemental trio that doesn't right now.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Grass is in a fantastic spot post-rotation. The only good Fire deck post-rotation is Victini V-Max, and you can cope with that. There's no need to reprint weakness guard or cards that make you ignore weakness in this format. Lightning and Fire will go the way of the Dodo.

Thinking Flannery will specifically support Fire Pokémon is wishful thinking. I thought Avery and Klara would support Psychic and Poison Pokémon, but here we are.

If it takes basics to the bench instead it overlaps with SSH Gossifleur. Arguably its better since it can take ANY basic, but I suppose Zarude has an advantage of having higher HP and a somewhat decent attack.

I prefer it's current form since it reminds me of Beacon Alolan Vulpix. Neat card.
If it goes into your hand you can put it on your bench and activate any abilities that would activate if you put it on the bench.
The ironic thing about saying that Marnie’s dominance makes cards like these unplayable is that Boss’s Orders makes using multi-prize consistency Pokémon a risky move, and yet everyone still uses them.

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
If lapras had the clause on its first attack allowing it to be used on the first turn on the game, it would be insane. Unfortunately mediocre cards be mediocre

GalaxyNinja45

Aspiring Trainer
  • Zarude - finally, some little decency over here. Good single-prize atkr in some Grass Decks or decks playing Cherrim. Since Cherrim works non-Rule Box Pokemon, why not give it a try? 5 Geodudes. Well 4? I think I'll stick to 5. It does the flat dmg done by Volcanion and Cresselia. Don't expect this as a pre-release promo, because that place goes to Cinderace with Crisis Power ability, which for now we haven't see it yet.
  • Heatproof Gloves - only Victini and Centiskorch are the decent Fire Decks post-rotation and can cope up with the loss of Welder. This card is useless against non-R decks. 3 Geodudes
Finally, we get cards that are not too bland
Where was this Cinderace teased?

I don’t know, but it sounds like it was accidentally revealed through the Cardex.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
If it goes into your hand you can put it on your bench and activate any abilities that would activate if you put it on the bench.
The ironic thing about saying that Marnie’s dominance makes cards like these unplayable is that Boss’s Orders makes using multi-prize consistency Pokémon a risky move, and yet everyone still uses them.
Of course. You could grab an Eldegoss V or whatever evolution stage you need for next turn (for this case I know we have Turfield but 3 > 1). I'm just pointing out if the attack is a bench fetch, I'd rather run Gossifleur.

Agree on the Marnie point, it's not like N or Judge or even Reset Stamp didn't exist in previous formats.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Agreed. We're STILL getting random kanto mons constant taking up set space every set. Do we really f**king need the 26th gengar card as opposed to, I dunno....Ledian? Magnezone? Kyurem? Roserade? Primarina? Typjlosion? Sceptile?

Yeah we need a 41st Kyurem card instead.

Also, the only one of these names that would be competing with Gengar for a third-stage Psychic spot is Primarina, and good luck with that, they couldn't even represent her Fairy-type when Fairy was its own type.