'V-Union Eternal Partners' in September: V-Unions for Pikachu, Charizard, and Other Starters!

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
Based on that description, it seems it'll be a Charizard that says "if you play Red V-Union, you can do this:" and the supporter Red would say "If you have Charizard V-Union out, you can do this:".

If so, I really like that concept!

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
"Will star", I do hope that means all 25 is a V-Union card. I was a bit bummed on SM era that Swampert is the only Hoenn starter that didnt get a GX.

Dragon

TheDragonEmpire
Guys, what about zekrom v union + n v union/? Or solgaleo v union + lille v union etc. It will be CRAZYY!!! Blastoise and decidueye, here I come!! Well, what do u think about Garchomp V-UNION +Cynthia V-UNION??

Dragon

TheDragonEmpire
E1-B333-C3-6380-4-C41-A178-014-A894-CE042.jpg
Oh Charizard ;)

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Um, Charizard is one of 25 starter Pokémon being included in the set. They are ALL SHARING THE SPOTLIGHT. Charizard is only the spotlight Pokémon if you make it, so if you truly don’t want Charizard to be the spotlight Pokémon, perhaps you should start acting joyful at the thought of your favorite starter Pokémon finally getting a really cool V/VMAX/V-Union. For instance: “Can you believe it? Torterra is getting its first card since Forbidden Light and its first Ultra Rare since the Diamond and Pearl Base Set! Not just one, either. Two of them! Can you believe it?”
Besides, it would have been strange for Charizard to be the only fully evolved starter without representation.
P.S. Torterra LV.X also appeared as a tin Promo, but that appearance was licking the heels of the original LV.X.
Don't even pretend for a second that he's not gonna be on a pack art OR be a shit ton of money. You're kidding yourself.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Don't even pretend for a second that he's not gonna be on a pack art OR be a shit ton of money. You're kidding yourself.
I never said Charizard wasn’t going to be on the pack art or that it wasn’t going to be expensive as a single or that scalpers weren’t going to scalp the set. However, I want to make a few things clear.
1. Charizard isn’t the only Pokémon that draws scalpers. Hidden and Shining Fates would both have been scalped because of shiny Pokémon, and Vivid Voltage would have been scalped because of Pikachu VMAX. It wouldn’t have happened as quickly without Charizard, but as Champions Path had very little of note other than the secret rare Charizards, only Champions Path would have been spared
2. A card does not have to be on the pack art to be a spotlight card from the set. Cooperaja VMAX and Dragapult VMAX never got art in Rebel Clash. Charizard & Braixen GX never got art in Cosmic Eclipse, nor did Charizard get pack artwork in Vivid Voltage. The secret rare shiny megas and Hoopa EX took the Ancient Origins Artwork at the expense of the main set megas. Chestnaught BREAK didn’t get pack artwork in Breakthrough. Those are just a few examples.
The spotlight for this set is on ALL of the fully evolved starters. The only difference is that the Kanto and Galar starters are appearing as V-Union and the others all get both a V and a VMAX.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Actually, I just found out that this article was an APRIL FOOLS DAY PRANK! Didn’t even realize that it was April Fools day! I know WPM said to keep it quiet in the comments, but I got super excited when I saw this and thought it was an ACTUAL SET, as you can see by my enthusiasm in the previous comments, and I will say right now that this has been one of the worse disappointments I have had in months finding out that it was a trick. Guess that’s what I get for being so emotionally involved in Pokémon. I know religion tends to produce a lot of controversy on servers such as this, but as a Christian I have been taught that the things of this world will disappoint you and cannot provide lasting joy, and I suppose this has been a learning experience for me. Even if you don’t agree with my beliefs, I hope that you don’t get offended by my bringing this up and that my chance to learn from this mistake makes me a better member of this community.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Doh. Semi-bit on this too. Now THIS is how you do an April Fools joke. It has to seem plausible and boy did this ever!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Doh. Semi-bit on this too. Now THIS is how you do an April Fools joke. It has to seem plausible and boy did this ever!

Well tbh it helped that people in the comments page properly reacted to it and we also discouraged people ruining said joke in the comments... even though there was one or two comments almost ruining it.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Well tbh it helped that people in the comments page properly reacted to it and we also discouraged people ruining said joke in the comments... even though there was one or two comments almost ruining it.
Yeah. I already hate charizard so i took the opportunity!

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
Um, Charizard is one of 25 starter Pokémon being included in the set. They are ALL SHARING THE SPOTLIGHT. Charizard is only the spotlight Pokémon if you make it, so if you truly don’t want Charizard to be the spotlight Pokémon, perhaps you should start acting joyful at the thought of your favorite starter Pokémon finally getting a really cool V/VMAX/V-Union. For instance: “Can you believe it? Torterra is getting its first card since Forbidden Light and its first Ultra Rare since the Diamond and Pearl Base Set! Not just one, either. Two of them! Can you believe it?”
Besides, it would have been strange for Charizard to be the only fully evolved starter without representation.
P.S. Torterra LV.X also appeared as a tin Promo, but that appearance was licking the heels of the original LV.X.
I am happy that there are a lot of starters in the set. I just personally think that Charizard is being shown more nowadays than any other starter. Charizard is the only Pokemon to have possibly more shiny cards than any other Pokemon. That is what I mean by spotlight.