'Sky Stream,' 'Towering Perfection,' and Mewtwo/Greninja/Zacian 'V-Union Bundles' Revealed!

Oooh. Zacian V-Union. I can't wait to see how broken that will end up being... I can almost see it now... Let's see... They'll probably do something absurd like this:

Zacian V-UNION - Metal - HP400
Pokémon V-UNION - Evolves from Zacian V with a Rusted Sword attached

Ability: Crowned Sword
As often as you like during your turn, you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, draw a card.

[M][M][M] Behemoth Blade: 300. If the defending Pokémon is a Pokémon VMAX, this attack can be used for [.].

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Grass (-30)
Retreat: 2

Oooh. Zacian V-Union. I can't wait to see how broken that will end up being... I can almost see it now... Let's see... They'll probably do something absurd like this:

Zacian V-UNION - Metal - HP400
Pokémon V-UNION - Evolves from Zacian V with a Rusted Sword attached

Ability: Crowned Sword
As often as you like during your turn, you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, draw a card.

[M][M][M] Behemoth Blade: 300. If the defending Pokémon is a Pokémon VMAX, this attack can be used for [.].

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Grass (-30)
Retreat: 2

And knocking it out will net 6 prize cards

YesYesYesYesYesYesYes Mewtwo V-UNION with ability or attack that lets it copy V, VMAX, or V-UNION attacks in your discard pile! Mew3 is my favorite card of all time, so i am really looking for a successor to the trend of "toolbox Attacker Pokemon"

I knew Greninja woukd be coming back sooner than later. So excited. I can see Greninja as a great rapid strike tech card.

Also glad to see that my fears about a single V-Max Pokémon are alleviated.

Down: Duraludon V, Duraludon V-Max
To go: Machamp V, Machamp V-MAX, Gengar V, Gengar V-Max, Kingler V, Kingler V-MAX, Garbodor V, Garbodor V-Max, Hatterene V-Max, Sandaconda V-Max, Melmetal V, Melmetal V-MAX

Still 7 to go

Also glad to see that my fears about a single V-Max Pokémon are alleviated.

Down: Duraludon V, Duraludon V-Max
To go: Machamp V, Machamp V-MAX, Gengar V, Gengar V-Max, Kingler V, Kingler V-MAX, Garbodor V, Garbodor V-Max, Hatterene V-Max, Sandaconda V-Max, Melmetal V, Melmetal V-MAX

Still 7 to go

Gengar V and Gengar VMAX will be their own deck that is about to be released with the Eevee set. That is one less VMAX line that has not be confirmed to be released thus far.

Yayyy another Cinderace and Pikachu V. I do hope we'll get some interesting choices in the non-mentioned V cards, like how we got Pinsir and Wigglytuff GX in the original Family Box Set. Hoping for Barraskewda, Runerigus and/or Appletun!

Also super excited to see Duraludon VMAX! Duraludon has one of my fave Gigantamax Forms hehe :D

If V union would be cards that feature multiple pokemon on a single card then why wouldn't these be something like Zacian and Zamazenta V union? I hope its something more interesting than that though and they aren't just hiding the other pokemon. At the moment it looks like they wont be like tag teams considering the fact that there are only singular pokemon listed. Leading up to Tag teams reveal were there multiple pokemon listed in things like this or did they only show singular pokemon?

August set is gonna be fire!! That's if the Eevee set is included and isn't made into the 25th Special Anniversary set ...

Eevee Evo VMAXs, Raquaza, Gengar??? Amazing!

If V union would be cards that feature multiple pokemon on a single card then why wouldn't these be something like Zacian and Zamazenta V union? I hope its something more interesting than that though and they aren't just hiding the other pokemon. At the moment it looks like they wont be like tag teams considering the fact that there are only singular pokemon listed. Leading up to Tag teams reveal were there multiple pokemon listed in things like this or did they only show singular pokemon?
No concrete info yet, but people are guessing it would be more like the old LEGEND cards where it was 2 pieces that counts as 1 whole card. Those card sometimes has multiple pokemon, some singular. Ho-Oh LEGEND only features... Ho-Oh, and it's still counted as a LEGEND card.

No concrete info yet, but people are guessing it would be more like the old LEGEND cards where it was 2 pieces that counts as 1 whole card. Those card sometimes has multiple pokemon, some singular. Ho-Oh LEGEND only features... Ho-Oh, and it's still counted as a LEGEND card.
The legend cards look really cool, did you have to play both pieces at the same time?

Here's a guess I had back in Decemeber;

Taking stabs at a couple possibilities beside the "it's Tag Team VMax". All anticipate we literally just get two V-Union cards, for the two different Calyrexes;

- Ice Rider Calyrex V-UNION and Shadow Rider Calyrex V-UNION are played from your hand and functionally identical to Pokémon-V. I think this is a likely possibility.

- The two V-UNION cards are played from your hand but act more like VMAX (i.e. 3 card prize for KO). I'm out of the loop on the meta right now but I assume this is too broken at this stage in SWSH block. Unless Gen 9 really is going to drop next year, it seems to early to be bringing back TTGX-tier power.

- The two V-UNION cards have to be played on top of Calyrex V; with or without some additional caveat to actually play the card. Which could include either you must discard a Glastrier/Spectrier from your hand, or you must have and also discard a Glastrier/Spectrier from your bench, or some other permutation of a mechanic along those lines.

I think it is *incredibly* unlikely we will see them bring back a LEGEND-esque mechanic.

I may end up wrong. It's surprising to be wrong sometimes! Let's see what happens.

YesYesYesYesYesYesYes Mewtwo V-UNION with ability or attack that lets it copy V, VMAX, or V-UNION attacks in your discard pile! Mew3 is my favorite card of all time, so i am really looking for a successor to the trend of "toolbox Attacker Pokemon"

Yes, as long as it's not a 3-prizer. ;)

Back