Pokemon World Championships Again Delayed Until Next Year

JoeBob15ial

Aspiring Trainer
Just goes to show the real harm of all this are the restrictions and mandates, not the virus itself... Smh

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Just goes to show the real harm of all this are the restrictions and mandates, not the virus itself... Smh
No, the harm is from ignorant and selfish people choosing not to wear their masks. Plus an outgoing President who did not have a plan to tackle it. Restrictions are in place to protect people.

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer
I can’t believe they decided to cancel it entirely instead of just holding it on PTCGO with the top players who had the most points from last season. Everyone would have understood and at least then those who played hard to get those points would have something to show for it. I just hope this doesn’t mean that they wont be doing a normal rotation this year, I don’t think anyone wants another year with tag GXs

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer
No, the harm is from ignorant and selfish people choosing not to wear their masks. Plus an outgoing President who did not have a plan to tackle it. Restrictions are in place to protect people.
I reported that guys comment. We don’t need people like that who are still acting like this virus isn’t a big deal over 9 months into this Pandemic

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Couldn’t they do something like Japan did with limited numbers and COVID test confirmation and stuff like that. That also said “We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of all our competitors at an expanded 2022 Pokémon World Championships in London.” When they say expanded are they referencing the format or the increase in size?

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Couldn’t they do something like Japan did with limited numbers and COVID test confirmation and stuff like that. That also said “We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of all our competitors at an expanded 2022 Pokémon World Championships in London.” When they say expanded are they referencing the format or the increase in size?
Increase in size. They used the exact same wording when they originally postponed Worlds to 2021. There's effectively going to be a larger worlds with more phases than normal.

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer
Increase in size. They used the exact same wording when they originally postponed Worlds to 2021. There's effectively going to be a larger worlds with more phases than normal.
I could see them even increasing the number of people who make it into the main event and having an LCQ with a top cut guaranteed making it into Worlds

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I reported that guys comment. We don’t need people like that who are still acting like this virus isn’t a big deal over 9 months into this Pandemic
haha, I'm pretty sure that reporting the message is a moot point now, as the freaking creator of pokebeach himself replied to his message lol. I reported it anyways, because why not.

anyway this behavior is absolutely NOT acceptable, This terrible virus is still rampaging everywhere and the only places that have a higher gdp than before is Taiwan and... that's it. They accomplished this by... guess what? restrictions on travel and basically locking down the entire island, not to even mention that they wear masks there anyway even if they have just a cold. Taiwan has had only 1 covid outbreak recently, and that was from a pilot who didn't wear a mask, even when coughing, and went to costco. This has been the only case for 233 days. The only thing that is Taiwan's fault is too lax restrictions on pilot, who only have to go through a 3 day quarantine rather than a 14 day quarantine. Now they have to quarantine for at least 7 days, and that pilot was fired.

Meanwhile, we in America and the UK have anti maskers who whine about a simple piece of cloth being on their face, who travel around the country and participate in super-spreader events while saying that the virus doesn't exist. This is why we have an insane amount of deaths per millions while Taiwan has 7 deaths... total. Out of 23 million people, they have 7 deaths. Meanwhile, in the UK where Worlds is being hosted, they have almost 1,700 deaths per million. This sounds like a low number, but consider that the UK has 66 million people living in it.

That sounds 100% safe to me, cant wait to get covid

Last edited:

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer

Let me guess, you're one of the idiots who only looks at the mortality rate and then argues that it's even lower than that with the stupid "they died with COVID, not of COVID!!!!1!!1!one!" argument, aren't you?

Kumaquat

Collecting Birbs

Dude, f off. I live in the UK and it's currently a covid hellhole. We have more variants going around than you've had hot dinners. Half my fam work in the NHS and my nurse dad has been hospitalised from stress more than once. Worlds can wait.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Dude, f off. I live in the UK and it's currently a covid hellhole. We have more variants going around than you've had hot dinners. Half my fam work in the NHS and my nurse dad has been hospitalised from stress more than once. Worlds can wait.

He's only posting that to get a reaction. Looks like he got it. I don't like the comment either but don't fuel the fire.

AlphaTheKineticGuardian

Aspiring Trainer
As a fellow resident of the UK, I wish you safety dude, and to your family who are putting themselves at risk to help others.

Also wishing everyone else reading this safety too, we'll all get through it, there's hope for things to get better soon.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Although, to be honest, this was completely expected.

The world is not ready for world's yet. Especially with all the newcomers to the game who might be going to to spectate, and buy stuff from vendors. Also, everyone in the US and Japan and Australia would essentially be breaking travel regulations by going there, considering that Australia and Japan is basically chilling with almost no new cases.

If you think worlds should still be on, consider getting at least one braincell before posting.