'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

The Fish

0.o
Remoraid gives me Feebas vibes, Carnivine is horrifying and I love it. Also the Mawile looks like it came right out of the HSGS era, kawayoo's outdone themselves yet again.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
OMG, this is just awesome! And I thought I was a sucker for FAs before... wow! I’m higher than a Slowpoke that they actually resurrected the Special FAs. I agree with Chimecho3000’s prospect that these may be for the Battle Stylists only, but even so, it’s so wonderful to see charming artwork like this on cards again!

It just occurred to me to look at their set numbers, and they pretty much do confirm that non-Battle Style Pokemon do not have alt arts while Battle Style Pokemon have both a full art and an alt art.

LostSalamence

LOST: The End
Art-wise it is amazing to see that the special full-arts are continuations of other pieces of art in this set. Just look at that Tyranitar busting into Pignite's regular art. Same for Empoleon in Mienfoo's. What a treat.

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
It's interesting how you can use rowlet & alolan exggutor-GX to get this orbeetle.

is anyone going to tell him or her that orbeetle is a psychic type and rowlet & alolan exeggutor-GX only works with grass type pokemon.

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
No Kecleon? It was litteralt advertised on a poster and it’s not here! No lycanroc either which a friend of mine likes a lot. Don’t scam us like this, Pokemon!
Keep in mind that the English set shows that we are getting 60 Battle Style (RS/SS) cards and the Japanese set only revealed 36 I believe. So Kecleon will come eventually. There is also a promo artwork of the Rapid Strike pokemon where Kecleon is shown in it but another one where he is absent from it. It was a Japanese promo artwork so they probably took him out since he wouldn't be in this set specifically. So just be patient my friend

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Keep in mind that the English set shows that we are getting 60 Battle Style (RS/SS) cards and the Japanese set only revealed 36 I believe. So Kecleon will come eventually. There is also a promo artwork of the Rapid Strike pokemon where Kecleon is shown in it but another one where he is absent from it. It was a Japanese promo artwork so they probably took him out since he wouldn't be in this set specifically. So just be patient my friend
Regarding those 60 cards:

36 in the main Japanese sets
2 Empoleon FA
2 Tyranitar FA
2 SS Urshifu FA
2 RS Urshifu FA
2 SS Urshifu VMAX FA/RR
2 RS Urshifu VMAX FA/RR
8 FA/RR Supporters (Korrina, Bruno, Mustards)
4 likely SR Golden Items/Energy
60 Total

I could imagine the Kecleon, Farfetch'd, Rockruff, Tornadus, Zeraora, etc., might be in Matchless Fighter, since we know Blaziken will get a V card in that set, and was featured in the promotional material as well

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
Regarding those 60 cards:

36 in the main Japanese sets
2 Empoleon FA
2 Tyranitar FA
2 SS Urshifu FA
2 RS Urshifu FA
2 SS Urshifu VMAX FA/RR
2 RS Urshifu VMAX FA/RR
8 FA/RR Supporters (Korrina, Bruno, Mustards)
4 likely SR Golden Items/Energy
60 Total

Ahhh ok, that makes sense now I didn't take into account the SR, RR, and FA cards

MuhQ

Aspiring Trainer
Does this mean Rainbow Rares are gone? I sure hope so, they are ugly and these are beautiful!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel - Weepinbell is good for dropping base 30 dmg which need for key KOs and its more accessible than GRI Salazzle. 2/3-4/2
  • Kricketune V - New drawcard, ngl. 5
  • Cherubi/Cherrim - Good energy accel on Venusaur VMAX. Other than that, play something else. 3/4
  • Cacnea/Cacturne - ehh. 2/2
  • Durant - Good news, we have Devour Durant Mill boi. Bad news, it's more awkward than the previous one. 3-4
  • Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon - as bad as its Pokedex no. 2/2/2
  • Tapu Bulu - Sounds like a GX but -20 dmg. 3-4
  • Carnivine - useless RS card. 1-2
  • Fomantis/Lurantis - ehh. 1/1
  • Blipug/Dottler/Orbeetle - if we have better Stage 2 that we could be used, I can say that this is a good card. 3/3/3-4
  • Flapple V/VMAX - I wonder if Appletun V will evolve into that since Flapple and Appletun have basically the same Gmax. Anyways, Flapple VMAX's main atk is only good if you have max HP which is not good in the long run. 3-4/3-4
  • Entei - ehh. 2-3
  • Victini V/VMAX - Better buy SSH Victinis already. 3/5
  • Heatmor - can I ask how many Pokemon will you able to KO from your 3-energy atk, considering the effect is flippy? 2-3
  • Salandit/Salazzle - 300 dmg. from a Welder or a Twin Energy. 3/3-4
  • Tepig/Pignite/Emboar - Extra dmg if you turn 2 this one early. 3/3/4
  • Sizzlipede/Centiskorch - sounds like Wela Volc as an ability. 3/3
  • Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra - if you bring Frosmoth to the equation, that would be super awkward. 3/3/3
  • G. Mr. Mime/Mr. Rime - more balls, more damage, less looping factor. 2/3
  • Remoraid/Octillery - any RS decks would play this one. 3/4-5
  • Corphish/Crawdaunt - the highest form of badness. 2/2
  • Empoleon V - loves Rule Box mons so much that it may shutdown single-prized decks because they rely on Jirachi so much. 4
  • Frillish/Jellicent - what if Jellicent gets KOd. Of course, you have to a bajillion dmg per turn. 2/3
  • Bruxish - Forever be bad. 1
  • Shinx/Luxio/Luxray - too bad it can't use RSE to do 200 for 1 energy attachment. Without RS nonsense, good use of Top Entry Luxio. 3/2-3/3-4
  • Electabuzz/Electivire - what's the point? 2/2
  • Tapu Koko V/VMAX - at least the VMAX has a more doable effect than Chuchu. 3/3-4
  • Yamper/Boltund - Yamper gets ya Poke Balls while Boltund does 130. 4-5/3-4
  • Pachirisu - cute. 1
  • Baltoy/Claydol - make as an ability, please! it's too dependant on your opponent. 2/3-4
  • Necrozma V - nice card on a format with poor energy accel for P types. 3-4
  • G. Slowpoke/Slowbro - hopefully you won't get smashed by confusion using Yell Horn, because 220 for 3 on a 1 prized mon is nice. 3/3-4
  • Spoink/Grumpig - last good Grumpig was from EX Emerald, I guess. 1/1
  • Chimecho - ehh. 2
  • Espurr/Meowstic - 3/3
  • Mimikyu V - still don't know its uses. 3
  • Mankey/Primeape - this could do a lot of damage if you set up fast enough. 3/4
  • Gligar/Gliscor - ehh. 1/2
  • Rolycoly/Carkol/Coalossal - good stage 2, too slow to get going. 3/3/3
  • Onix/Sttelix - ehh. 3/2
  • Cubone/Marowak - ehh. 2-3/2-3
  • Stonjourner - why all SS cards we see as so non-supportive? 2
  • Mienfoo/Mienshao - nice hit-and-run card we got. 3/4
  • Falinks - RS tech card. 3-4
  • SS Urshifu V/VMAX - 100 for TCE, 270+ for 4 but super expensive. 3/4
  • RS Urshifu V/VMAX - love the VMAX 100% 3-4/5
  • Zubat/Golbat/Crobat - more drawcard option. 3/4/4-5
  • Murkrow/Honchkrow - at least it can use Dusk Stone. 2/2
  • Houndour/Houndoom - SS energy accel deck. 3/5
  • Tyranitar V - 3-4
  • Morpeko - first hangry card. 3
  • Pawniard/Bisharp - ??? 2/2
  • Bronzor/Bronzong - if Zacian needs more buff.... 3/4-5
  • Mawile - taking away the ability to hit weakness really hurt the card's viability. 2
  • Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash - low looping material. 2/2/3,3
  • Corviknight V/VMAX - Budget Zacian V, but VMAX stops you from being gusted. 3-4/3-4
  • Spearow/Fearow - WTH??!! -10
  • Lickitung/Lickilicky - if UNM one was not good enough... 3/3
  • Stoutland V - ko Mad Party for 2-3 prizes is the evilest thing can do. 3-4
  • Drampa - ehh. 2
  • Glameow/Purugly - 2/3
  • Bouffalant - Kricketune counter. 3
  • Indeedee - ehh. 2
  • Fan of Waves - special energy stall. 3
  • Energy Recycler -
  • Level Ball - we really need this by a lot. 5
  • Tool Jammer - metadependent 3-4
  • Scrolls - Fury, good. Whirlpools, good. 3-4/3-4