'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

Level Ball! Looks like Mr Rime has some standard format ammo and a consistency booster. Also generally good for low HP decks like Mad Party.

I’m super excited about this set there’s a possibility game play wise that things may be changing for the better.

Corviknight VMAX has free retreat, ignores abilities and a 240 damage attack? Christ, that could be scary. Begone, Zacian, ADP has a new main partner (semi-sarcastic)

Last edited:
IS THAT LEVEL BALL???? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I can see why you’re excited since every card of you that the Pokémon company has released has under 90–
(Everyone else: *facepalms themselves*)
Me: “wait, you’re not an actual Victini?”
Cheesy jokes aside, great news!

I only count 36 Single/Rapid Strike cards (18 each) when the official blurb for Battle Styles says 60. Could it be some stuff from Matchless Fighters are in our set?

Interesting that there’s no rapid strike zeraora or kecleon in the set. I wonder where they’ll be in

Glad to see Frillish and Timburr lines return from their Gen 6 graves.

Not thrilled that Frillish and Jellicent continue to be printed only as Water cards and this time, unlike every other cards featuring the line, they didn't even bother putting the girl forms in the background.

If Sword and Shield takes place in Galar it's understandable to see world-wide Pokemon like Electivire and regional Pokemon like Galarian Mr. Mime...but why are there Alola specific cards (Tapu Bulu, Necrozma), and why are some of them V Max when gigantimax is a condition exclusive to the Galar region?

It's interesting how you can use rowlet & alolan exggutor-GX to get this orbeetle.

I thought I should point out that there's a Flapple V but an Appletun VMAX.

There isn't, there's been an error in information, they're both Flapple.

Look at the card names on the images, they're both the same, "アップリュー" which is Flapple's japanese name. if the Vmax was Appletun it would have a different name

If Sword and Shield takes place in Galar it's understandable to see world-wide Pokemon like Electivire and regional Pokemon like Galarian Mr. Mime...but why are there Alola specific cards (Tapu Bulu, Necrozma), and why are some of them V Max when gigantimax is a condition exclusive to the Galar region?
The TCG doesn't follow the video game logic. Typically every Pokemon gets a card per series. The Abra line, Bonsly, and Mantyke were some of the only Pokemon not printed during the Sun & Moon series of cards. I assume there will be zero Ultra Beast and Alolan cards during the Sword & Shield series of cards.

Durant Mill is apparently back... but no revive, no rotom option or hell, even gladion to get durants out of prizes getsme less excited . We still have one set for those options tho, because no one is going to play this while ADP reigns.

I would also kill for Special Charge to be reprinted, as Twin Energy is ok but you may still need to get off 5 attacks or have a prized Twin Energy and that will bite you in the ass.

Kingdra, Sandaconda and Jellicent make for decent meme/petdecks.

Back