'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

They make the money from the scalpers buying out all their product though. Which is pretty much what's been going on for 6 months now.

They make the money from the scalpers buying out all their product though. Which is pretty much what's been going on for 6 months now.

You think the product wouldn't sell out otherwise? Perhaps there's no way to know for sure but if people are buying from scalpers they would def buy from official outlets.

Yes, scalpers wouldn’t buy it in the first place if they couldn’t sell it again (and for an increased profit margin too).

You think the product wouldn't sell out otherwise? Perhaps there's no way to know for sure but if people are buying from scalpers they would def buy from official outlets.
Thats not his point. The point is that to TPCi or the businesses selling the product the scalpers buying out all there stock is a success and thus doesn't need fixing. Why would they fix something that is giving them maximum profits?

SnooPINGAS usual,I see??

I'm sorry but I paragonate Orbeetle to Dr.Robotnik and you can't stop me!

Oh cool, it's Hop as an attack on a 3 retreat stage 1 that also makes you asleep, or a 4 energy 120 damage attack. This'll see play for sure.

I mean, Caturday *is* a thing, but fixed 120 is still too low on a fragile stage 1, even for zero energy. Although it does let you set up a KO on a Vmax or a Tag Team for Espurr without having to rely on spread.

Problem is, by the time Tag Teams (read: ADP) rotate, Caturday Persian also does (or the latter maybe even sooner, idk anymore), and you can't play something like this with that in the format.

YES. Give me more Caturday mons PLEASE. I don't care how good they are. I don't care if Persian rotates. More Caturday cards means there's potential for more Sky Circus

Welp, this will see little to no play. I could see this Purrugly being used with Persian and Espurr in a Caturday deck, but Espurr’s attack only hits benched Pokemon and Guzma is only available in the Expanded format. Might be able to KO VMAXes and TTGXes, but seeing how much variety Expanded has, it’ll probably be pretty mediocre...

Still though, it’s cool to see more Caturday ‘mons.

Welp, this will see little to no play. I could see this Purrugly being used with Persian and Espurr in a Caturday deck, but Espurr’s attack only hits benched Pokemon and Guzma is only available in the Expanded format. Might be able to KO VMAXes and TTGXes, but seeing how much variety Expanded has, it’ll probably be pretty mediocre...

Still though, it’s cool to see more Caturday ‘mons.

We still have Boss's Orders to move someone to the bench and we received a reprint of Escape Rope.

Mmmmm, we really need a Caturday reprint. I know they mostly base these releases around the Japanese format, but it wouldn't hurt fun decks like these were able to be playable just a bit more time instead of existing in a format as awful as this one.

I'm also praying that this means Sky Circus will get their fabled 3rd-4th attacker instead of needing to rely on Caturday as a secondary engine to keep the zero-energy train going.

Thats not his point. The point is that to TPCi or the businesses selling the product the scalpers buying out all there stock is a success and thus doesn't need fixing. Why would they fix something that is giving them maximum profits?

Yeah, this is a very fair point. My initial thought was that if we somehow managed to stop scalping today or for the last several months (completely theoretical, I realize it's impossible); I think that product would still sell out (thus still netting them maximum profits). So if TPCi wasn't "swimming in their pools of scalper money" they would be "swimming in their pools of non-scalper money" instead; so it's not like they're actively trying to incentivize scalping as a business model. Was just making a stupid nitpick ahead of my major contribution which was to predict / hope that things calm down / scalping reduces / stock increases post-COVID.

That being said, you make a brutally honest capitalist critique which I agree with -- if the profits are rolling in, who cares how, or why, or what the plebs on the ground are doing, as long as the company is making money? Sad.

While we're on the topic I might also add that it's sad to see LGSs engage in pseudo-scalping by selling product significantly above MSRP. Smh.

Back