'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I'm afraid Hyper Potion doesn't work like Max Potion. Hyper Potion can only be used on Pokemon with at least 2 Energy attached.

Ah, yeah, my mistake. Forgot that it needed that condition. Would still work with Cheryl though! Or ramp back to bench via Metal Saucer and move to active via Bronzong.

Okay, my quick thoughts:
3) Interesting that Bronzong and Cheryl work well together, however I am not aware of any metal type tank decks that use evolved Pokemon at the moment. Maybe Aegislash VMAX or Scizor VMAX in the future or in Expanded? Sturdy Aggron DAA for an unkillable Aggron lol (Ability: "If this Pokémon has full HP and would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, it is not Knocked Out, and its remaining HP becomes 10.")? Damn. That actually might work...

I think any metal VMax in the future would fit the Bronzong/Cheryl strat. Copperajah VMax comes to mind, has 340HP and a 240 damage attack. It's problem is that Copperajah needs 4 energy to hit for 240.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Great.

TEU Bronzor makes the ADPZ matchup more easy than it already is in favor of the ADP side with its ability to t2 evolve into that dreaded metal trans Bronzong...

^ I'm afraid some cards should--and hopefully will--get banned on this set's arrival in EVERY format EXCEPT for Unlimited. And if no bans come out, not even for TEU Bronzor... :(

Last edited:

blackjack61105

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu Koko Vmax looks pretty good turn 1 boltund then turn 2 attack. The tapu koko v can one hit adp after ultimate ray with a leon or couple zigs

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Weavile GX:So you want Metal Links back Bronzong?

Brozong:Yes!I'll do anything to get back in competitive!

Weavile GX:Well,that's it,I'll give your ability back,but I've modified it a little.Now works like mine!!
*evil laughter*

Bronzong:...F*ck.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Tapu Koko Vmax looks pretty good turn 1 boltund then turn 2 attack. The tapu koko v can one hit adp after ultimate ray with a leon or couple zigs

The prevalence of switch cards in the form of Escape Rope, Switch and Bird Keeper could be an problem for Tapu Koko Vmax since switching cancels the paralyzis effect and these three cards are rather common at the moment.

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
The classic energy cannon deck, definitely fun to mess with. Pory-z tends to be the ideal partner with double colourless, triple accel and recycle energy.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Why do they keep printing Lickilicky? Am I the only one thinking it’s the worst Pokémon in existence?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
No matter what Pokémon they put in a set, there will always be someone who wishes they put in something else.
Also, I really like the Coalossal artwork, best artwork featuring the Pokémon yet.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
A bit disappointed that Carkol and Coalossal aren't Fire-type, but then we do have a good few years to go until we enter Generation IX.