TCG Fakes ReapThaWhirlwind's Graphic Underworld [Text Based Designs]

Had this idea for a new meta-type of Item cards that add bonus effects to your Pokémon's next attack that turn. The concept seems really fun, has a ton of universal potential, and opens up all kinds of design space for the development team to implement a band of Item card retrieval (and Item recycle) effects to hyper-accelerate interactivity and flow of the cards throughout the season.

This sounds like a very interesting idea, Reap! How do you plan on balancing the Items, since they're so splashable? Do you think they need balancing? I was thinking perhaps add an extra [C] cost to the attack, as I think that would add a bit more strategy to a mechanic; a bit like the TMs but a bit more versatile. Also, what happens about order of operations? For an example, you might have an effect such as "Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned." added to "If the Defending Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition, this attack does 50 more damage." Is the Pokemon Poisoned before or after this extra damage is calculated? There might be an order of operations rule that answers this, but it's still a scenario that I think should be entertained from a design perspective.

Balance is all in the style of implementation. The effect that I provided above is entirely balanced, universal, and would be pretty fun. Is it better than say, Crushing Hammer, not exactly. But it has the potential to replace cards like Crushing Hammer to create a brand new meta, and breathe new life into the game with this style.

Adding an additional energy to the cost would be too obstructive to the game pace, so that's a definite no. It would especially be bad in the case, with Nerve Booster, as the card's is already reliant on the flip of a coin and may do nothing at all.

As for the order of operations, based on my experience with the game, the order of operations would follow so that the Special Condition effect is applied after the attack damage has been dealt. So in the case you provided, you wouldn't get any bonus damage until the next turn, because the Special Condition isn't applied until the end phase of the attack.

I haven't really tinkered with this yet, I just wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone liked the concept.

Mītobōru Pirates

What's that? It appears to be a challenge off in the distant horizon. Although primitive, they may prove to be one of the greatest challenges to the Pokémon world of all time!

Mītobōru Pirates [Supporter]

Flip 2 coins. Your opponent reveals the top 7 cards of his or her deck. Then, for each heads you may discard 1 of those cards. Your opponent shuffles the remaining cards back into his or her deck.

Last edited:
Great Escape Rope

yhq6Fwd.png

Great Escape Rope [Item Card] [Prism Star]

You can only play this card if your Active Pokémon is a Stage 2 Pokémon or if your opponent's Active Pokémon has 120 or more HP than your Active Pokémon.

Shuffle your Active Pokémon, all cards attached to it, and up to 1 card from your Discard Pile (except Great Escape Rope) into your deck.

Last edited:
Holy Roller

9q6tDxG.jpg

Holy Roller [Supporter]

You may look at the top 7 cards of your deck and choose up to 3 of those cards with different types, reveal them, and put them into your hand. If you do, shuffle your deck afterwards. Then discard two cards.

Last edited:
Prison Portion

Prison Portion [Item Card]

You may play 2 Prison Portion cards at once. • If you played 1 card, choose two effects from this card to play. • If you played 2 cards, play all effects from this card and double the amount of each effect.

♦ Heal 20 damage from 1 of your Pokémon.

♦ Any damage done to your Active Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon during his or her next turn is reduced by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

♦ Any damage your Active Pokémon deals to your opponent's Pokémon this turn is increased by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Trick or Treat everybody!

Here's a super scary card for Halloween!

I came up with this idea conceiving a card that by itself had a seemingly underwhelming effect, yet gets the job done in some way. As an added bonus, the card can be saved and stacked for some advanced potential (just as real prison food can exchanged in such ways).

Last edited:
Restriction Star Piece

Restriction Star Piece [Pokémon Tool Card]

Attach this Pokémon Tool card to 1 of your Pokémon even if it already has a Pokémon Tool card attached to it. If any cards attached to that Pokémon are an opponent's, discard them.

Whenever the Pokémon this card is attached to becomes affected by a Special Condition, or by the effect of an opponent's attack or Ability (excluding damage), remove that effect or Special Condition.

Here's a neat design I came up with based on a Restriction Enzyme. Effectively, it's a soft lock against effects and Special Conditions. Instead of preventing or ignoring the effects, the operating function here does something unique (akin to the theme) and removes them. Coincidentally, this effect would actually circumvent the effects of a very technical card I previously posted (Moon Antidote); which dictates that the host Pokémon's damage and effects cannot be ignored or prevented. However, they can technically be removed; and thus, this card acts as an interesting check and balance over that one's very challenging effect.

Thought about making this a Team Galactic Special Weapons or Secret Gear, but just decided to post it as is since I wasn't sure which it would best fit as.

Last edited:
Parent Supporters

Mooch Dad [Supporter?]

Discard a card. If you do, draw 4 cards. Otherwise, you may use up to 1 Energy card attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon this turn as though it's attached to your Active Pokémon.

Cheerful Mom [Supporter]

Discard two cards. If you do, your Active Pokémon may attack a second time this turn. Otherwise, search your deck for 2 cards in any combination of Pokémon, Item, Stadium, or Energy, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Last edited:
Cheerful Mooch Children

Cheerful Mooch Children [Supporter]

Discard three cards. If you do, draw cards until you have 8 cards in hand. Otherwise, remove all effects (including Special Conditions) from you and your Pokémon. Then prevent all effects, except damage, that would be done to you or your Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

Jingle All the Way Suite

PokéMart [Stadium]

During each player's turn, that player may discard an Energy card from his or her hand. If that player does, they may search their deck for an Item card, reveal it, and put it into their hand. That player shuffles his or her deck afterwards.

PokéMart Sales Associate [Supporter]

When you play this card, you may Knock Out 1 of your Pokémon. If you do, you may choose to play both effects from this card instead in any order. You may also play 1 additional Supporter this turn named PokéMart Manager.

Choose 1:

♦ Put an Item card from your discard pile into your hand.

♦ Shuffle all Item cards from your discard pile into your deck.

PokéMart Manager [Supporter]

When you play this card, you may Knock Out 1 of your Pokémon. If you do, you may choose to play both effects from this card instead in any order. You may also play 1 additional Supporter this turn named PokéMart Sales Associate.

Choose 1:

♦ During this turn, remove all effects from you that prevent cards from being played.

♦ Duplicate the effect of the next Item card you play this turn (You may select new choices for the duplicate).

Last edited:
Garbodor BREAK

Garbodor BREAK 140HP

{Ability}
Psycho-Deactivation Contaminating [If your opponent's Active Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition, that Pokémon's attacks cost
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
more to use and that Pokémon can't have Special Conditions removed from it.]

Garbodor 110HP

bZ6k2ZH.png
Smog [30] If the Defending Pokémon tries to attack during your opponent's next turn, that player flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing.

bZ6k2ZH.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Multi-Toxin [70] For each Basic Energy attached to this Pokémon, you may select 1 Special Condition from Asleep, Burned, Confused, or Poisoned. The Defending Pokémon is now affected by those Special Conditions.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

//

Trubbish 50HP

{Ability}
First Arrival [At the start of the game, if this Pokémon is selected as your Active Pokémon, you may attach a Basic Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon.]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Hyper Hyper [30]

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Last edited:
Pidgeot GX & Stage 2 Pidgeot Line

Pidgeot GX 230HP

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Rough Whirlwind [70] Move any 1 card attached to the Defending Pokemon to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Aerial Ace [90] Effects can't prevent you from using Aerial Ace. This attack's damage isn't affected by any effects on the Defending Pokemon.

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Brave Bird GX [280] If this Pokemon is Knocked Out during your opponent's next turn, your opponent takes an additional Prize card.

Weakness:
ZGJ82Q3.png
x2
Resistance:
KXfFG2d.png
Retreat:

Here's a concept that all began with an idea I had for a Brave Bird attack that was really powerful, but artfully liable, for mega style points and balance. Conceptually, the attack would deal a lot of damage, but potentially enable the opponent to end the game in tight game scenarios. I didn't originally think to make it a GX attack either. I had originally envisioned it as an attack that would enable a player to gamble over and over on it, but then decided it might be best to limit its utility as a GX attack for now.

The rest of the content here was all improvised on-demand.

Pidgeot GX has a combination of attacks that seek to personify the Slugger-style.

Originally, I had thought to make [Rough Whirlwind] cost a single energy, with the same disruption effect. Only at a single energy—using a coin flip for balance. The proficiency of single energy attacks can make Stage 2 cards very versatile, and that's usually great given the time/resource clench involved with them.

However, the next morning I woke up and decided that the attack and its effect desperately needed to have more resolution to it. I originally wanted that attack as it was to serve as a limiter to the card as a powerful GX. The attack was quick, but lacked raw power, so that it wouldn't enable a player to easily brute force their way to victory. It was good intention, but ultimately I concluded that the coin flip would actually make the card too restrictive. So that more importantly, the card (as a Stage 2 GX) would lack the ability to hit the ground running, as it most genuinely needs to be able to do (especially when being designed as Slugger/Swarmer-fighter). The coin flip would be more suitable for a Basic or Stage 1—but here for this Stage 2 GX.

The disruption effect itself was aimed at complimenting the Swarmer-Slugger strategy in an artful way. Sluggers aim to force other fighters to fight them on their own ground—or at their own terms. This means drafting a stick and move assault—or trading blows and rolling with the punches. And the pressure that an effect like this puts on the player, effectively does just that! It provides that mind-rattling punch—that either forces the opponent to harden their maneuvers—or forces them to knuckle down and roll with the punches. As a finishing touch I had to increase the cost by an Energy (making it cost two)—then upped the damage by 10 to get all the levels totally even.

The second attack, Aerial Ace, is intended to further supplement the Slugger-style prowess, with the ability to bypass protective effects, and stand and fight, or step in to deliver heavy slugs. The attack boasts a little extra power over the first, but at 90 damage raw, turns the exchange into a three turn KO against most Pokemon (allotting plenty of balance for fair game).

If you look towards the first effect of this attack, I thought it would be a great bit of ingenuity towards the concept of Aerial Ace to make it impossible to prevent the Pokemon from using this attack. This becomes a great bit of realism towards how the attack functions in the game, as well as towards the real-life challenge of dealing with an air assault like this.

Despite its proficiency, the attack isn't entirely unstoppable though. If you notice what I did with the Pidgeotto card here, effects like Sand Attack can cause Aerial Ace to MISS the target, although the Pokemon can't be stopped from using attack to begin with.

I think it's good style to give Pokemon like this a free retreat card once in a while (as they are very fast, powerful, or agile), so that it helps to bring their majesticness more full circle for the audience. And that's where the idea for the free retreat came from. It's one bit eye-candy, and one bit fan service for mass appeal.

Brave Bird GX seeks to be the culmination of the card and its concept. The design seeks to embody the full grandeur a huge guts and glory attack like this. One that is all out—high risks—high prize. An attack that can win you everything—as well as it can cost you everything in the process. It's a One-Hit KO against 99% of Pokemon in the game, but in very tight mid-game/late-game scenarios, can't be used without costing you the game. In games where you're going to go out anyways, it becomes a Blaze of Glory option to the end the game in the style of a true warrior.

You mine as well burn out—not fade away.

Pidgeot 130HP

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Aerial Nightmare [50] The Defending Pokemon can't retreat or use any of its Abilities during your opponent's next turn.

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Tailwind [80] Attach an Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness:
ZGJ82Q3.png
x2
Resistance:
KXfFG2d.png
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

GX designs have been naturally accompanied by a standard Stage 2 compliment since their introduction, so that's the purpose for me to create this line here, and not leave that avenue unchecked. I had said back when the Sun & Moon sets first came out, these alternate designs would enable dynamic strategic potential for players to tactically utilize Devolution Spray to switch between GX and standard Stage 2 Pokemon. Since I left PTCGO during that time, I'm not sure if anyone had actually put that to use.

I designed this set of cards from Stage 2 down, with my primary focus being something swift and tactical for the standard Stage 2 Pidgeot, and then something really special for the Pidgeotto in this line. I had envisioned these Pokemon as Swamer-Slugger type designs. That would be able to stick and move, and would have swift offensive/defensive power as a powerful bird like this should have.

Pidgeot's first attack was something I came up with seeking to capture the essence of an actual aerial attack from an Eagle or giant bird of prey. One of the most legendary terrors, this is an assault that almost always leaves its victim scrambling in confusion. And the effects I came up with here seek to enrapture that to the greatest potential available.

I think preventing the opponent from escaping is naturally the given one, but by itself isn't really enough here, so I thought to deploy a little ingenuity again, and added an additional effect that would double-up with the first and put a dampener on Pokemon Abilities. This adds to the tactical prowess of the design's assault power, by accentuating the Soft Lock here, and compliments the fantasy element as it makes perfect sense as something that's heavily restricted under attack like this. It doesn't break the design by any means, as at just [50] damage, you're looking at a 3 to 4 turn exchange for a KO against most Pokemon; which is about right on the curve to compliment the Soft Lock effects, featured at the climb of a Stage 2 card.

The second attack I originally wanted to be Oblivion Wing, which impromptly looking through Flying-type attacks instantly recognized as a perfect second attack and effect to polish of the design and its synergy. I then realized that this attack is exclusive to Yveltal, but I knew I couldn't give up the effect to something else, because it's just to absolutely perfect for the design, so I decided to pair the effect up with the attack Tailwind instead. This is just about as cool, and makes perfect sense, as Tailwind increases the speed of all Pokemon on your team, which is exactly what the utility of energy acceleration does.

I didn't even really have to ponder whether to limit the energy acceleration to Basic energy, as that would be an entirely unnecessary, overly-restrictive effect for the attack of a Stage 2 Pokemon, especially at three energy. Not entirely sure about the damage—it could probably be 100—but the power from energy acceleration more than makes up for it I think. It enables quick follow-up offensives and rebounds, while the two attacks here can be used between each other in lockdown power-plays that can effectively put a player crucial turns ahead of the game pace.

In all respects to style and balance, I didn't really think to question the set of 80 damage here. This design could be officially signed as a finished masterpiece.

Pidgeotto 80HP

{Ability} Dragon Ascent [When you play a card from your hand to evolve this Pokemon, you may search your deck for a Pidgeot card and attach the Pokemon this evolves into. (This doesn't count as evolving it.) Shuffle your deck afterwards. As long as that card is attached, the Pokemon this evolves into gains all of that card's attacks and Abilities in addition to its own (You still need the necessary Energy to use those attacks.)]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Sand Attack [20] If the Defending Pokemon tries to attack during your opponent's next turn, that player flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing.

Weakness:
ZGJ82Q3.png
x2
Resistance:
KXfFG2d.png
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

When brainstorming over the concept of a standard Stage 2 Pidgeot line, one thing that stands out to me first is how typically underwhelming the Bird-type Pokemon lines tend to be. You have to like combine two of them together just to get one decent fighting resource. From this notion, I instantly got the idea for an ability that does just that, and enables you two combine two Pidgeot cards into a single fighting resource.

When considering the functionality for how to implement this, it was kind of instantly a stroke of genius to plug this ability into the Stage 1 for this line. This way, it serves as a special bonus for players who evolve the Stage 2 line by the natural means (opposed to shortcuts with Rare Candy). Wording the operating function was kind of tricky, but think this about does it, and is about the best way to compose it.

I was kind of on the ropes about naming it Dragon Ascent, as that's typically a powerful Flying-type move. However, I think it's the type of move that makes for an exceptionally powerful Ability. One that can become a short series of awesome cards featuring the Dragon Ascent effect. This greatly supports and justifies appropriating the attack for this function, and it's something I continuously warm up to the more I look at it.

I kind of impulsively went over the curve with the attack for this card. Typically, I notice that the Devs will implement a small standard basic attack for a Pokemon with such a strong Ability. However, I in-part needed to use the [Sand Attack] function here to use it as a descript towards the functionality of Pidgeot's [Aerial Ace] attack as I had designed it. I don't really think it hurts the design too much, or makes it overpowered in any significant way. I don't really find the restriction itself is even necessary for Stage 1 cards going into Stage 2. It's actually better design etiquette to make them like this, and give them a stronger fighting chance against mega powerhouse content like EX, GX, BREAK, and Team Up.

The Ability is even a little understaged as it is, compared to its nearest contemporary {Dragon Call} Gabite. That Ability resources for you, which enables you to free up your deck's contents for other tactical cards. Whereas this one isn't self-sufficient, meaning you'll have to appropriate other deck slots to resource for this card, and make use of the {Dragon Ascent} Ability. This fact really makes a big difference, as I found myself having to appropriate a lot of resourcing content for {Dragon Call} Gabite, even despite its utility.

As it's currently written, you can't use it to fetch an EX, GX, or any non-standard Pidgeot card either. I'm pretty sure that (and typically go by the etiquette of) a card needs to specifically state the post-fix (Pidgeot-EX, Pidgeot-GX) to function with such cards, as they are designated as separate types of cards.

Given this, I don't really see any need to change it from how it is. It wouldn't make any significant difference for the better, it would only dehabilitate the lines' ability to function as intended (with a Slugger/Swarmer-style of fighting).

It's like the Messiah child—or the Chosen One. Which is a neat bit of flavor to add on to such a cool card, with such potentially controversial power, yet vulnerability still.

Pidgey 60HP

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Escape Flight [✨] Switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Frustration [30]

Weakness:
ZGJ82Q3.png
x2
Resistance:
KXfFG2d.png
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Not too much to this design—just a simple concept to finish off the set. As the most impressionable stage of the evolution line, the baby bird, this design symbolizes the Fight or Flight mechanic. The first attack gives you an escape option when you're up against greater dangers, and the second attack gives the design offensive power in simpler formats (such as Constructed Deck format).

As a cute bit of flavor, the [Frustration] attack is intended to play off the self-conscious nature of birds, which tend to be vastly more sensitive than other animals (especially in their most impressionable states).

In the game, the [Frustration] attack's power is based on its friendship with its owner, where a newly captured young bird would be immensely distressed, thus able to channel that discomfort in the form of a strong [Frustration] attack.

Last edited:
Greninja GX & Stage 2

Greninja GX 230HP

{Ability} Magic Water Rebirth [If this Pokémon would be Knocked Out, it isn't instead and your opponent takes a Prize card. Then, remove all Special Conditions and heal damage from this Pokémon until its HP is equal to half its max HP (rounded down). This ability can only be used once as long as this Pokémon remains in play.]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Super Frog Kick [100] If the Defending Pokémon isn't Knocked Out by this attack, discard an Energy card attached to this Pokémon.

z5d6ziS.png
z5d6ziS.png
Hydro Pump GX [160+] This attack does 30 more damage, and 20 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon, for each
z5d6ziS.png
Energy attached to this Pokémon not used to pay for this attack.

Weakness:
6ROigcL.png

Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Greninja 130HP

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Ninjutsu Close Combat [90] This Pokémom has no Weakness during your opponent's next turn.

z5d6ziS.png
z5d6ziS.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Hydro Vortex [140] Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon's attacks cost
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
more to use during your opponent's next turn. If tails, discard 2 Energy cards attached to the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness:
6ROigcL.png

Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Frogadier 70HP

{Ability} Disappearing Ninja Trick [When this Pokémon becomes affected by a Special Condition, you may heal all damage from this Pokémon and then switch it with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.]

z5d6ziS.png
Suikido Jab [40]

Weakness:
6ROigcL.png

Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Froakie 50HP

z5d6ziS.png
Splash [20]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Study Move [✨] Choose 1 of the Defending Pokemon's attacks. Your opponent can't use that attack during his or her next turn.

Weakness:
6ROigcL.png

Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

We have a badass couple right here.

Let me just say that typically this isn't my style, and would be really feel-bad for me, because there are already so many Greninja GX cards. I hate to adulterate the scene with any more of them. However, I had said to myself that I could make an even better one, and thus the production began.

//

Greninja GX has a really unique ability, that does something very intuitive for GX style cards (given their Prize bounty—when knocked out). The effect of {Magic Water Rebirth} gives up a single prize for balance, while allowing the player to retain their majestic GX Pokemon for another round. They will still collect two Prize cards if-and-when Greninja GX is knocked out, but I still feel that it's essential to balance to give up an additional one for the effect (for good measure).

This ability works super intuitively with Hydro Pump GX, as it allows a player to build up energy for another turn before unloading their supreme attack. Super Frog Kick is the go-to combat alternative that seeks to provide power with gracefulness. It's not exactly intuitive with the build-up for the GX attack, yet provides great power, in versatility, with great responsibility. I think the [Mist Slash] Greninja GX is way over-powered, and over the curve. And I'm just not trying to do that here with this design.

The composure for the [Hydro Pump GX] attack breaks modern conventions, but I think it does so very stylishly. It's more of a throwback to the old school classic Hydro Pump attack, with added power (in Bench damage) that reflect the grandeur of the GX title. It is a super-powered Hydro Pump—and it captures that essence very well—with great balance and execution.

//

Stage 2 Greninja plays the perfect backup as a combat tricks card. Its combination of attacks provide speed, power, and tactician. [Close Combat Ninjutsu] is straight to the point power, cut-throat versatility, with the prime capabilities of cutting-off all Weakness. Given that it somewhat lacks immense power (a three-turn KO in many cases), it puts the player at an intriguing even-ground in competition with very strong Grass Pokemon. That even ground though would be all I'm looking to provide here. It preserves the aspect of challenge, which is what makes the game fun.

I don't find it's typically the style to give Greninja a super-power attack (costing 4 Energy or more)—but once again I was compelled to break convention—and do it with great style in Hydro Vortex. Its effect is like a paradox. It at first would seem like both effects do the same thing, but the first is circumvented a Double-Colorless Energy, and the second punisher on Double-Colorless Energy use. They are in-fact very different, and work in very different ways. Yet both can provide great technical support.

//

For Frogadier, I had the plan for an entertaining {Ability} design, in of contrast of the combat tricks designs I had planned for the other member of this family. I typically like to alternate between design styles (Ability cards—plain text/combat tricks designs) because I believe the contrast is important for sanctity. The {Disappearing Ninja Trick} Ability I had conceptualized as an effect that would super-punish the target aspect with a double-benefit. In lieu of this, if Frogadier is affected by a Special Condition, it not only gets a free retreat, but gets a free full healing as well. I think that it's really neat, and exactly the kind of thing that Stage 2 building decks need to give them more fair-ground in their uphill battle climb to the Stage 2 level.

As a fun fact, I envisioned Frogadier as a teenager when making this design. Its primary attack is a chump jab (legendarily akin to teenagers). The Ability is like when you go to ground him, but then he just jumps out the window, and heals all damage from himself as he goes out to do whatever he wants. LoL that this Ability also works with the Imakuni supporter. I guess that's like when grandpa asks if he wants to come over to stay the week with him. He'll take him fishing—and they'll go to the arcade, and have Sbarro pizza.

//

Not much to add about Froakie. I had to keep it simple, so I just decided to roll with a light combat trick in [Study Move]. It enables the vulnerable basic to dodge really powerful attacks, when say paired up against Pokemon EX or GX, but comes at an elevated energy cost (which I am kind of deliberating on—if is too much).

Last edited:
Tag Team Concepts

Xerneas & Solgaleo 270HP

2iQkpa9.png
Ultra Sunburst [30x] This attack does 30 damage times the number of Energy attached to this Pokémon. If this Pokémon has more than two Energy attached to it, attach up to two basic Energy cards from your hand to this Pokémon.

2iQkpa9.png
2iQkpa9.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Shooting Star Edge GX [230] Each player shuffles their hand into their deck. Then, you draw 6 cards and your opponent draws 3 cards.

Weakness:
T8OlPR0.png
2x
Resistance:
bZ6k2ZH.png
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

*lalalala~ pretending Xerneas is Metal-type like it should have been.

Cresselia & Lunala 260HP

{Ability} Lunar Effect [As long as this Pokémon has any Special Energy attached to it, effects from this Pokémon can't be prevented.]

bZ6k2ZH.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Ultra Moonbeam [110] The Defending Pokémon is now Confused. The Special Condition also applies in attempts to change your opponent's Active Pokémon.

bZ6k2ZH.png
bZ6k2ZH.png
bZ6k2ZH.png
bZ6k2ZH.png
Super Moon Gravity GX [✨] Move all energy cards from your opponent's Pokémon to the Defending Pokémon. The Defending Pokémon can't attack or retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness:
zpckazW.png
x2
Resistance:
KXfFG2d.png
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

I was thinking about taking the finishing effect clause from both [Ultra Sunburst] and [Super Moon Gravity GX] and turning it into an Ability for each card. After a bit of contemplation, I don't really think it's necessary for the first one, but definitely think it would be best for the second one.

Last edited:
Tag Team Concepts Pt. 2

Blaziken & Delphox 260HP [Team Up]

{Ability} [
eNImy0Z.png
] Once during your turn, you may discard a
T8OlPR0.png
Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, heal 30 damage and remove all Special Conditions from it.

T8OlPR0.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Glow Ball [20x] This attack does 20 damage times the number of
T8OlPR0.png
Energy attached to this Pokémon. The Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

T8OlPR0.png
T8OlPR0.png
T8OlPR0.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Supernova Blaze GX [✨] If this Pokémon has 20 damage counters on it or more, the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out. Your opponent's next Pokémon becomes Confused.

Weakness:
z5d6ziS.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

(꒪꒳꒪)ಠ益ಠ

Primeape & Jigglypuff 240HP [Tag Team]

{Ability} Urge to Kill Rising [This Pokémon's attacks do 10 more damage for each 20 damage it has taken. If this Pokémon has at least 10 damage counters on it, it has no Weakness.]

DH6FLp2.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Angry Duet [30] The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep and Burned.

DH6FLp2.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Thrash Rampage GX [✨] This attack deals 10 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon). Discard an Energy attached to each of those Pokémon. Your opponent discards a card at random.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
x2
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Evo+ Vitamins [Item Card]

Choose 1 of your Pokémon in play. For the rest of the turn, you may evolve that Pokémon (and the Pokémon it evolves into) even if you just played it or it's your first turn.

Evo+ Sports Drink [Item Card]

Choose 1 of your Pokémon in play. The next time that Pokémon evolves this turn, remove all damage counters from it.

Giovanni's Breeding Technique [Supporter]

Choose 1 of your Pokémon in play. Search your deck for up to 3 cards with the same name as that Pokémon, that evolve from that Pokémon, or evolve from the the Pokémon it evolves into. Reveal those cards, then put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Classic Vitamins

Protein [Item Card]

During this turn, your Active Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for this damage.) This effect ends if your Active Pokémon is switched out.

If this is the second Protein you played this turn or more, put Protein into the Lost Zone instead of your Discard Pile.

Iron [Item Card]

During this turn and your opponent's next turn, your Active Pokémon takes 20 less damage from all sources. (Before applying Weakness and Resistance.) This effect ends if your Active Pokémon is switched out.

If this is the second Iron you played this turn or more, put Iron into the Lost Zone instead of your Discard Pile.

Carbos [Item Card]

During this turn, this card provides 1 Energy of any type for your Active Pokémon. This effect ends if your Active Pokémon is switched out.

If this is the second Carbos you played this turn or more, put Carbos into the Lost Zone instead of your Discard Pile.

Calcium [Item Card]

When your Active Pokémon attacks this turn (after dealing damage), flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 among Asleep, Burned, Confused, Paralyzed, or Poisoned. The Defending Pokémon becomes affected by that Special Condition.

If this is the second Calcium you played this turn or more, put Calcium into the Lost Zone instead of your Discard Pile.

Zinc [Item Card]

Choose 1 among attack effects (yours or your opponent's), Item cards your opponent plays, or Abilities of your opponent's Pokémon. You may remove any of those effects currently affecting your Active Pokémon and prevent any effects done to your Active Pokémon by those sources, excluding damage from your opponent's attacks, until the end of your opponent's next turn.

If this is the second Zinc you played this turn or more, put Zinc into the Lost Zone instead of your Discard Pile.

PP Up [Item Card]

During this turn, when your Active Pokémon attacks (after dealing damage), switch it with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

Put PP Up into the Lost Zone instead of your Discard Pile.

PP Max [Item Card] [Prism Star]

Discard three cards. Flip 3 coins. If at least 2 of the results are heads, your Active Pokémon may attack an additional time this turn.

Put PP Max into the Lost Zone instead of your Discard Pile.

Grand Cross Insignia [Item Card] [Prism Star]

Discard three cards. You may use an additional GX attack this game.

Put Grand Cross Insignia into the Lost Zone instead of your Discard Pile.

HP Up [Item Card]

Remove damage counters from 1 of your Pokémon until its remaining HP is 100. If that Pokémon has a base 100HP or less, remove all of them.

Put HP Up into the Lost Zone instead of your Discard Pile.

Ability Capsule [Item Card]

Choose 1 of your Pokémon. That Pokémon may use 1 of its Abilities an additional time this turn.

Last edited:
Darkrai V & VMax

Darkrai V 230HP

{Ability} Lure into Darkness [Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip 3 coins. If at least 2 of the results are heads, you may choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon and switch it with the Active Pokémon. The new Active Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.]

eEuCA45.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Dark Hypnosis Wave [110] Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

Weakness:
KXfFG2d.png
2x
Resistance:
BqoL9rj.png
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png

Darkrai VMAX 320HP

eEuCA45.png
eEuCA45.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
G-Max Nightmare Trap [160+] If the Defending Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness:
KXfFG2d.png
2x
Resistance:
BqoL9rj.png
Retreat:

Last edited:
Nidoking V & VMax

Nidoking V 210HP

bZ6k2ZH.png
Drag Off [30] Before doing damage, you may switch your opponent's Active Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon.

bZ6k2ZH.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Spike Smash [70] This attack is also treated as
DH6FLp2.png
type.

bZ6k2ZH.png
bZ6k2ZH.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Venom Hammer [120] The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Nidoking VMax 320HP

bZ6k2ZH.png
bZ6k2ZH.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
G-Max Lethal Crush [150] The Defending Pokémon is now Burned, Confused, and Poisoned.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Last edited:
Alakazam Evolution Line

If somehow you haven't heard the news, Uri Geller has given Pokemon permission to use Kadabra in the card game again. This really should have never been a thing. since copyright laws only cover an 'exact likeness' and not a 'similar likeness'. There should have been no means for the restriction. Anyways, to celebrate, here's a Alakazam evolution line, including Kadabra, that I did awhile back. This is actually from 2015! It still seems very good though. I hope you can all enjoy it.

Alakazam 140HP

{Ability} Cerebral Reconnaissance [Once during your turn (before your attack), you may draw 3 cards. The effect of this Ability is diminished by 1 each additional time it is used this turn by your other Pokémon.]

bZ6k2ZH.png
bZ6k2ZH.png
bZ6k2ZH.png
Mind Crush [40x] Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 40 damage to that Pokémon times the number of cards you have in your hand greater than your opponent. If a Benched Pokémon is chosen this way, this Pokémon can't attack during your next turn.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Kadabra 80HP

bZ6k2ZH.png
Disable [20] Choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon's attacks. That Pokémon can't use that attack during your opponent's next turn.

bZ6k2ZH.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Psybeam [30] If this Pokémon has any Special Energy attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Abra 40HP

{Ability} Teleport [If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and would be Knocked Out by an opponent's attack, or by the effect of a Special Condition, you may heal all damage from this Pokémon and switch it with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.]

bZ6k2ZH.png
Psy Push [10] Flip a coin. If heads, you may switch the Defending Pokémon with 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Last edited:
Crown of Ancients

Crown of Ancients [Pokemon Tool]

[Attach this Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.]

The attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached to which cost a single energy to use have base damage 70 when attacking Evolved Pokémon and Pokémon with 160HP or greater.

This concept here is based on a Laurel Wreath Crown (like Caesar and roman nobles, philosophers used to wear). It's intended as a cut-down-to-size for very large powerful Pokemon, and extends the utility of low energy attacks mid-game, and via effects like Shrine of Memories. The flavor is evocative of the concept it's based around, as even the most basic effort, rebuke, or assault by such an individual that would dawn a crown like this would be severe.

Note: I would like to add that this effect, as intended, does not affect attacks which have multiplier designations to them. This is actually an aspect that I touched on awhile back, when I designed the [Xi Intensity] Ancient Trait. In order to get that to work, I had to differentiate between 'power increasing effects'. In summary, I concluded that attacks with multiplier parameters don't have any base value, but they are 'calculated values' determined by the parameters. Because of this, I denoted that multiplier effects in attacks aren't 'power increasing effects', but they are 'power determining effects'. Thus, [Xi Intensity] doesn't effect them.

This effect here for the Crown of Ancients is the same. Only basic attacks, or effect attacks with a base value that include an addition symbol ('power increasing effect') are valid here. Their base damage will be 70 (instead of whatever else it was). However, since an effect like Pikachu-EX's [Iron Tail] says, "30 damage times [x] the number of heads"—there is no standard base value here—so this effect would do nothing.

Last edited:
Back