Rusted Sword and Rusted Shield from "Shiny Star V"

uh, reset stamp was broken enough to get itself banned in expanded. this card allows zadp to actually OHKO vmaxes, especially if they decide to run galarian meowth. you dont need to gust up a big vmax on the bench, its their main attacker. if they attack with one prizers, well sucks to be them because you are playing zadp

this is why im glad i quit playing online

We all have our opinions and such, but so many of the things that made Stamp broken in Expanded are banned alongside it too. Plus, I like that PTCI has kinda said “we will make things only for Standard” because we see it’s already broken in Expanded before it’s release :)

I'd like to think the person who designed Lysandre's Trump Card and pushed for it to be released alongside VS Seeker - and in a cardpool that already had Pal Pad - was finally given another chance to design a card after five years of being on probation, is responsible for this.

Forget Lysandre's Trump Card. I'm betting that the mad lad who designed these cards also designed Rocket's Sneak Attack and Neo Genesis Sneasel

uh, reset stamp was broken enough to get itself banned in expanded. this card allows zadp to actually OHKO vmaxes, especially if they decide to run galarian meowth. you dont need to gust up a big vmax on the bench, its their main attacker. if they attack with one prizers, well sucks to be them because you are playing zadp

this is why im glad i quit playing online
Wait did you quit too?

Lol, pokemon is really messing up.
We were both so into the game a year ago and now we are both not playing.

I can't even play retro sun and moon formats because they neutered lillie to the point where it is unplayable.

Funny, I was just wishing that Zacian wasn't so dominant so I could somehow make Galarian Darmanitan VMAX work, and then... They did that. How swell. It's not like Darmanitan would have stood a chance, but man... Way to rub salt in the wound, lol.

Last edited:
Tbh, it was a matter of when and not if they would print these cards.
However, this might give a push for turbo zacian again (without lucario Ttgx and ADP) to shine. It may have lost jirachi PS, but I think a straight version might have some potential.

At one hand, it's both sad and hilarious that PTCG designers have such a limited understanding of their own format that they'd print something like this.

On the other, I'm not even sure this card would see play (the sword). It mainly helps with Zacian V mirrors, against other Zacians wearing googles.

The main purpose of this tool will be to help ADPZ combat LucMetal Z. LucMetal is looking very strong next format, so if they don't print any insane fire support, it'll likely still be strong in the next set, therefore this tool will see play

The main purpose of this tool will be to help ADPZ combat LucMetal Z. LucMetal is looking very strong next format, so if they don't print any insane fire support, it'll likely still be strong in the next set, therefore this tool will see play

Pardon me for being thick, can you clarify what you mean by "next format"?

The 2022 Standard Format will almost certainly be Sword & Shield-On, so neither of those decks will exist as we know them, as they'll lose their TAG TEAM cards.

Pardon me for being thick, can you clarify what you mean by "next format"?

The 2022 Standard Format will almost certainly be Sword & Shield-On, so neither of those decks will exist as we know them, as they'll lose their TAG TEAM cards.
Next format usually refers to the next Expansion being legal. In this case, Vivid Voltage adding the Special Metal Energy, being an extremely good addition to Melcario decks.

Next format usually refers to the next Expansion being legal. In this case, Vivid Voltage adding the Special Metal Energy, being an extremely good addition to Melcario decks.

Thanks. First time I've ever heard it used that way. ;)

Thanks. First time I've ever heard it used that way. ;)
Fair enough, I usually hear and use "next format" as nee expansion, and to be honest I've only ever heard "next rotation" referring to what you initially said (i.e. 2020-21).

Tbh, you look at them and question the sanity of the creators. Then wonder what their use is?

Zamazenta will prefer metal goggles until they go. The reduction rather than cap increase is better if it gets more healing items.

Zacian... I don't think ADP plays it, just because of space (even then, a 1 of, and all it does is put ADP in range after GX. And lucmetal zacian after GX and goggles). Turbo might be nice, but it needs some switch help.

Everyone thought Peeking Red Card wasn’t OP, but shouldn’t be a thing. Everyone thought Stamp was going to be broken, but it’s only just now seeing play again since its release. Point being- I have faith that PTCI knows what they’re doing.
I hate ADPZ as much as anyone else, but I don’t think ADPZ decks are going to invest all these combos into an already defined deck. One second ADP has 4 Catchers/4 Turbo Patch, the next it is just ClayDP, now it’s back to completely barebones like it started out.
It now has the opportunity to do 290 with Altered Creation and NOW everyone freaks?
What does 290 do that Boss/Boss didn’t already accomplish with Mawile GX? Exactly- nothing.
It even limits the 320 with Leon everyone is afraid of, because you can’t Boss anything from the bench to do the 320 to.
ADP is an already defined deck that ultimately won’t change with this one card.

This. I understand and don't blame people for jumping the gun and having knee jerk reactions at this point regarding anything adpz related, but this is more on point. This won't change anything, like others pointed out, this will be played in non-ADP (either now and/or when ADP rotates) variants.

uh, reset stamp was broken enough to get itself banned in expanded. this card allows zadp to actually OHKO vmaxes, especially if they decide to run galarian meowth.
Reset stamp was banned in expanded because messing with your opponent (hand size, shuffling cards back into their deck) can very often be abused in Expanded. Everyone expected it to be good in Standard. The point is that the community misjudges stuff.

At one hand, it's both sad and hilarious that PTCG designers have such a limited understanding of their own format that they'd print something like this.
There's no way to not know that ZADP is good. There's no way to avoid the community complaints. This has to be intentional.

That said, what's the purpose?
1. They want to make Zacian V stronger because it's going to become weak.
Do they think something will counter ZADP? Are they going to release something to do that in the near future?

2. They want to make Zacian V stronger because they want it to be strong.
This is the malicious option. Maybe they just decided that they want to have a few very expensive cards to drive sales and Zacian V is one of them. Maybe they changed their strategy and want to break their game despite. Maybe they want to push old sets right now. Maybe they'll reprint it and make it the new Zoroark and give it a place in every deck.

3. They aren't making Zacian V stronger.
Maybe they expect it to not work hit the numbers even with this in the new meta. Maybe there's a new Zacian card that this is supposed to work with instead. Maybe this card won't actually help and would just make ZADP decks more cluttered.

Who knows for sure what the meta will be.

Last edited:
Long time reader, first time poster.

I am glad that these items are specific to the V versions and not all versions. If/when the VMAX hits for either Zacian or Zamazenta these items would be entirely to powerful if they could be applied to any iteration of the card.

Back