'Shiny Star V' Announced for November, Plus Blastoise and Venusaur VMAX!

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
In expanded you could Ho-Oh EX then ninja boy into the Amazing Rare Yveltal. then just a double colorless energy picks up the ko. Kyogre also seems very good in expanded as well as you could chain the 80 spreads.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
I did hope for shiny versions of the amazing rares we already got, but this is even better!

Too bad they couldn't make a fairy one for say like Sylveon, Gardeivor or even Xerneas

Cue2Power

Cramorant is Godly
If Ditto VMAX can copy gx attacks, it will be a good counter to adp zacian, being able to use altered creation gx without needing adp. Also, I'm so gonna make an yveltal deck! maybe yveltal/ditto vmax, as altered creation+free knockouts is too broken to not be played!

Edit: I hope adp has an AMAZING DEATH (just dont bring your cards to a funeral)

Wockomtosh

Aspiring Trainer
Kyogre ADP could be interesting. If you use altered creation then Kyogres attack twice then all their one prizers and Dedennes are gone. With the new tool (I forget the name) it could snipe anything with less than 220 HP. The tricky part is if it's better to do AC, then ultimate ray, then two attacks with Kyogre or if Zacian is just the better partner.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Pfft. Guess I was wrong about amazing rares not appearing ever again.

...thankfully, because daaaaang, these are nice cards! Hasuno was a nice choice for Yveltal. I hope they put out these three's opposite version mascots as the other amazing cards in this set.

Last edited:

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
So um...Poryon Z?

In standard would be hard but in expanded you have prism energy, blend energy, rainbow energy, and aurora energy (and dce) to power up yveltal.

Also assist liepard

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
It's possible some of the Amazing Rares could work in Expanded with access to more multi-type special energy. There's also the Smeargle from Breakthrough and Rainbow Paintbrush (who ever thought we might use those cards lol).

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Ummmm...

https://www.google.com/529262_sword...rds-confirmed-122-shiny-vault-cards-confirmed

... So this happened.

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
Shiny Crobat V was unexpected, my first ever shiny was a Zubat back in Sapphire, kept him for all these years and he is now Brobat, the shiny Crobat. I have to get this card!

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Ditto V and VMAX look like they're gonna be the stars of the set with their respective ability and attack. Will have to track them down when they're localized.

Loving the Amazing Reshiram and Yveltal, especially the latter - that attack is broken as all hell, so it makes sense the energy cost for it is a steep one.

And yes, I think Amazing Death is a great attack name... probably will end up as Amazing Oblivion or something along those lines in English.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Yeah, sure, what about the Darkness energy?

All in all these cards could be fun in the right deck, but their costs are way too high for them to be anything except gimmicks. A shame multi prizers will keep dominating the format.

That was "attach".

RLDC = Two Fire (Welder), Koko Prism for Lightning, and a Darkness from hand. Very possible to set up turn one. Could be sufficient to KO various V's before they can become VMaxes.

Mcsonic00

Less Filler Cards Please
What if they made Crobat VMax like this instead:
Crobat VMAX – Darkness – HP300
VMAX Pokemon – Evolves from Crobat V

[D] Stealth Poison: 60 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned. Switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[D][D] Max Cutter: 170 damage.

When your Pokemon VMAX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0