'Ultra Premium Box,' 'Elite Trainer Box Plus,' and More 'Champion's Path' Products in November!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I mean, I guess the big ol' box is a selling point but this could seriously do with a couple more packs before it became worth it to me. As it stands the ETB+'s are still a better deal in terms of price-to-content ratios and I'm still not okay with them excluding the blatantly better deal from the US.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
I mean, I guess the big ol' box is a selling point but this could seriously do with a couple more packs before it became worth it to me. As it stands the ETB+'s are still a better deal in terms of price-to-content ratios and I'm still not okay with them excluding the blatantly better deal from the US.

Well, if the single special Gold versions sell for maybe $25 for Zamazenta and $35 for the Zacian (since it's a great staple having won the Player's Cup thing), that leaves $40 left for everything else. Sell the sleeves (assuming they might be Good in style) and dice and all else for $20, that leaves $20 for 16 packs. That's a good deal there.

There are people who buy only the singles.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Well, if the single special Gold versions sell for maybe $25 for Zamazenta and $35 for the Zacian (since it's a great staple having won the Player's Cup thing), that leaves $40 left for everything else. Sell the sleeves (assuming they might be Good in style) and dice and all else for $20, that leaves $20 for 16 packs. That's a good deal there.

There are people who buy only the singles.
Sure, but I'm looking at purely what you get out of the box. I'm not denying you could resell everything and get some of what you spent back, (Not in the longterm though, in a few years the Zacian and Zamazenta won't even be close to that in price). my issue is with the exclusion of the ETB+ boxes in the US which I still think are a better deal for the extra $20.

I'm one of those people who only buys singles because I just don't like how little you actually get out of products compared to making a singles purchase for the same amount of money.

The main thing I'm saying here is that I think if this came with another four packs or so it'd be perfectly acceptable, or if they just gave everyone the ETB+ boxes. Am I overly negative, sure, but I still think the issue is worth mentioning.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Sure, but I'm looking at purely what you get out of the box. I'm not denying you could resell everything and get some of what you spent back, (Not in the longterm though, in a few years the Zacian and Zamazenta won't even be close to that in price). my issue is with the exclusion of the ETB+ boxes in the US which I still think are a better deal for the extra $20.

I'm one of those people who only buys singles because I just don't like how little you actually get out of products compared to making a singles purchase for the same amount of money.

The main thing I'm saying here is that I think if this came with another four packs or so it'd be perfectly acceptable, or if they just gave everyone the ETB+ boxes. Am I overly negative, sure, but I still think the issue is worth mentioning.

Fair enough.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
What am I looking at? I'm assuming it's a case for carrying cards and supplies, but this flat rendering makes it hard to tell if that's a flap that folds over the side and top or not.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
What am I looking at? I'm assuming it's a case for carrying cards and supplies, but this flat rendering makes it hard to tell if that's a flap that folds over the side and top or not.
I'm assuming it's sort of a flap like the XY...Whatever that box was called with the full arts and whatnot. There's like... A line just above the legendaries' heads that separates the light and dark gold colors, I assume that's where the crease would be? This is definitely one of the weirder boxes that they've come out with though, I kinda liked when it was just the three long ETB's they did for the first three Ultra Premium boxes. Those are pretty nice for storing bulk or reverses or whatnot.

Clam

Almost decent
I do want to see someone just rip and tear the open box for whatever is inside of it next to a guy who, wants to keep the box in as good as new condition while still trying to get the product inside and they are just are being like "whats taking you so long to open it?" or "you are gonna break whatever is left if you keep that up"

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I'm assuming it's sort of a flap like the XY...Whatever that box was called with the full arts and whatnot. There's like... A line just above the legendaries' heads that separates the light and dark gold colors, I assume that's where the crease would be? This is definitely one of the weirder boxes that they've come out with though, I kinda liked when it was just the three long ETB's they did for the first three Ultra Premium boxes. Those are pretty nice for storing bulk or reverses or whatnot.
Yeah, that seems likely. I'm sure this would look pretty snazzy in person. But this rendering doesn't really do it justice. And yeah, those long ETB boxes from the Generations box were what I stored all of my PTCGO codes in that I accumulated over the years.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
DAAAAAANG, that box looks so snappy and clean! I don't know if I'd have the time and money to pick it up, but SIXTEEN boosters is no laughing matter! Very exciting products coming our way, I gotta say!

LuneLuke

Aspiring Trainer
Why are the dice all 10-60, I hope the images are just an error and they have they 70-120 and 130-180 dice.