• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Grave of the Ladybug (Orbeetle Vmax / Zarude V / Flapple / Jirachi)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
GRAVE OF THE LADYBUG

Pokémon (16):
  • 4 Orbeetle Vmax S4 (beatdown)
  • 4 Orbeetle V S4 (beatdown)
  • 1 Krickertune V S5R (draw)
  • 2 Flapple S3 (beatdown)
  • 2 Applin S1a (evolve)
  • 3 Jirachi S3a (draw)
Trainer (34):
  • 2 Boss's Orders (control)
  • 3 Prof. Research (draw)
  • 4 Birdkeeper (draw)
  • 3 Marnie (draw)
  • 3 Pokémon Communication (search)
  • 3 U-Turn Board (retreat)
  • 4 Escape Rope (switch)
  • 4 Quick Ball (search)
  • 4 Switch (retreat)
  • 4 Turfield Stadium (search)
Energy (12):
  • 4 Capture Energy
  • 6 Grass Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Jirachi Amazing Rare or Orbeetle V. Use Quick Ball and Capture Energy to bench one to three additional Orbeetle V and evolve them into Orbeetle Vmax next turn. Use the switch trainers to distribute multiple damage counters across the battlefield with Eerie Beam. Make sure to be able to use three to four Eerie Beam each turn in addition to one Flapple.

SPOILER:

Krickertune V
Basic Grass Pokémon
HP: 180
Ability: Stage Elation
Once during your turn, you may draw cards until you have 3 cards in your hand. If this Pokémon is in the active spot, you may draw cards until you have 4 cards in your hand. You can’t use this ability if you’ve used another Stage Elation this turn.
[G][C][C] X-Scissor 80+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 80 more damage.
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: R

Last edited:

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
What are your opinions on using U-Turn Board in here? I see you have giant bomb in here, but you could easily swap them into Boards and either free up space from the max count of Bird Keeper and 3 switch for a third Boss' Orders or fourth Scoop-Up Net or just keep those switching cards high and get the 3 Wonder Beam more consistently. I guess the real question I have, as someone who stans U-Turn Board with this archetype, is what does the Giant Bomb do for you here other than deter large hits to your Orbeetle?

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi JohnInCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. Giant Bomb was intended to help Orbeetle Vmax to hit number easier but I could also see U-Turn Board being used instead.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi folks,

Updated the list above with the modifications listed and same cards from the new set Battle Styles.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
What exactly is the strategy after you spread the damage counters? are you just going to attack with Orbeetle Vmax?

Would it be worth it to run sableye V? I don't really know much about this archetype.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi The Last Shaymin,

Orbeetle Vmax is also ment to be an attacker in this deck. Most decks tend to need two to three energies to attack and in that case Orbeetle Vmax does decent amounts. I am also considering to cut one Jirachi for Rowlet to hit the bench.

Piplup&Blasboy

Aspiring Trainer
You could run Wondrous Labyrinth to force more energy onto the opponent. Then Orbeetle Vmax can hit for bigger numbers!