Blastoise VMAX, Venusaur VMAX, and More Revealed!

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
My little cousin,who started played Pokèmon recently thanks to Pokèmon GO,loves the Bulbasaur line,and I'm sure he'll love these Venusaur cards

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
an energy(celebi) and pokemon(manaphy) version of stellar wish jirachi, could see some play though i think i saw jirachi use has gone down. Of the two i think manaphy is more likely to see play as decks tend to need their evos more then their energy.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I actually quite like the Blastoise VMAX visually. It's got a good pose to it while not staying too busy with all the swishes and swooshes of a typical VMAX card. Probably because the Blastoise itself is huge and takes up most of the image. Venusaur is nice too, but I'm not 100% on its design still-compared to the Mega especially.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
While I don't like the overuse of Boss Orders, the fact that they're actually printing more versions (AND based on older version, too) is really nice. Hopefully it means people that own the old Lysandre can use him instead of this one.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
The Boss' Orders (Lysandre) doesn't have the "E" marker so that means Boss' Orders only last until Sept. 2022. Other cards revealed today are the First Block "E" cards.
  • Venusaur V/Vmax - can be used in any deck. Since the first atk costs CC. You can whack it on a Welder deck to deal Grass weakness. Or in a Water deck to deal Grass weakness. 30x just seems weak to me. Oh, I forgot it says Grass. So we're stuck on using a Stage 2 to accel energy, without mentioning Welder weakness. 3/3-4
  • Blastoise V/Vmax - I kinda like this card. Its a hard-hitting one. 3/4
  • Celebi - I dunno if it will be good in the future, but getting the energy you need for setting up turn 1 going 2nd on something like Volcanion is really really good. 4
  • Manaphy - Both this and Celebi have 1 RC so U-Turn Board. This one searches Pokemon you need in the early game especially on something like a Spiritomb in which it needs Spiritomb and Jynx and Jirachi for setting up. 4
  • Boss' Orders (Lysandre) - Epic card. Almost 4-of, doesn't have the E marker

o7yourdesires

Aspiring Trainer
Yakingu, you can’t use your old lysanders as the card is Boss’s Orders (Lysander) and not Lysander it’s a completely different name

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Yakingu, you can’t use your old lysanders as the card is Boss’s Orders (Lysander) and not Lysander it’s a completely different name
And you cannot play both 4 Lysandre and 4 Boss's Orders, even though they have a completely different name. Lysandre follows the "Boss's Orders" rules, even though he's not a Boss's Orders himself. It's also curious that they've picked him, instead of any other Boss. We don't even know what happens when they'll print "Boss's Order (Guzma)" in the future. Will Boss's Order (Giovanni) become legal again, or will they be scummy and force you to rebuy a set of identical cards? I assume the latter, and I would assume Lysandre isn't going to become legal. It would be doubly-scummy, since they have no problem reprinting Skyla, but they won't reprint the Supporter everyone needs, making it blatantly obvious it's a cashgrab. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt though.

Cue2Power

Cramorant is Godly
Ooh my great new boss' orders art! Hope the full art looks good. also now that charizard vmax is more accessable the price might go down.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
You gotta love the jarring difference in mindsets between the Japanese Pokemon Company with the products that they release and how international consumers and sellers value the products that we get. (This isn't yet another Charizard rant, just a comparison.) In the US: "CHARIZARD VMAX IS TOTALLY WORTH $100!!!" Japan: "Hey, so here's three full, 60-card decks featuring the Kanto starter V's and VMAX's--including Charizard VMAX, four promo cards, and some materials for playing the game. $50." It's very silly...

Also, I'm loving the Celebi and Manaphy cards! They could be very useful, and of course, they have great artwork too.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
The Lysandre has a D on it rather than an E, does that mean this is just an alternate artwork? How will this get released everywhere else?

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Seems like they noticed that attacks like Full Blitz/Altered Creation were stupidly designed to cheat out their own costs, walked back from that, and now we have a Blastoise that has the Full Blitz/Altered Creation attack, but is an evolution, only hits for 120, and needs the full [W] cost to pay for it. They really don't want another ADP/Pikarom in the making.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
What have they done to you, Blastoise? They've turned you into... a marketable mascot...

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Better than Charizard. And Venasaur V is the third Pokémon that has 2 V cards with different attacks.

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
I'm just glad that we actually get something other than another Charizard card. Blastoise and Venusaur really deserved this after their Gigantamax debut in the Isle of Armor. These cards look so amazing.