Snorlax & Lapras VMAX Premium Collection Releasing October 16th

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
value for money is pretty poor on this when you take into account the selection of boosters and the cards on offer which are all fairly cheap or easy to pull. The best thing here is the pins and i cant see anyone been crazy about the pocket file.

A nice gift for young kids at christmas for sure which is great in that aspect of marketing... but nothing here to secure that purchase for collectors.

Inclusion of a singular promo or Alt Art card along side the set cards would have got the additional collector/completionist purchase.

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
So they give S&S pack for free with darkness ablaze and now the only 2 good cards in the set are buyable in a box... are they trying to devalue S&S base set on purpose?

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Don't care about these low quality made binders. I prefer premium Dectutor binder or legion but yea Dectutor is my top choice. Do I see the Evolution pack??? haha

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
So they give S&S pack for free with darkness ablaze and now the only 2 good cards in the set are buyable in a box... are they trying to devalue S&S base set on purpose?
That’s debatable as secret rare quick ball along with the full arts of research and marnie still fetch a pretty high value.

Mikelele

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so the actual price of this box in Australia has to be the worst thing ever.

In Australia the cheapest price to buy a booster pack at retail is $5 (as far as I know), which is not the best price. But this box set is $120 in Australia, and contains 8 packs

That means that for $120, you're getting $40 worth of packs, 4 mediocre V and VMAX cards and a $10 binder. What is this

You can literally get 24 booster packs for the same price as this box set, so I really don't see the appeal of this at all. And also, if you buy loose packs, you can choose the sets you want, without being forced to buy another Evolutions packs for however many times it's been (is that Evolutions on the top left?)

Wel I'm just never going to buy box sets again. They used to be so much cheaper, being around Aus$30 for a box with 4 packs, an EX and a jumbo EX, but now those same boxes are around $40-45. Inflation and exchange rates woo

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer

Lapras and Snorlax are no where near the best cards in the set. RR Marnie, RR Research, Quick Ball SR, and any form of Zacians and Zama are much better

TKGX

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so the actual price of this box in Australia has to be the worst thing ever.

In Australia the cheapest price to buy a booster pack at retail is $5 (as far as I know), which is not the best price. But this box set is $120 in Australia, and contains 8 packs

That means that for $120, you're getting $40 worth of packs, 4 mediocre V and VMAX cards and a $10 binder. What is this

You can literally get 24 booster packs for the same price as this box set, so I really don't see the appeal of this at all. And also, if you buy loose packs, you can choose the sets you want, without being forced to buy another Evolutions packs for however many times it's been (is that Evolutions on the top left?)

Wel I'm just never going to buy box sets again. They used to be so much cheaper, being around Aus$30 for a box with 4 packs, an EX and a jumbo EX, but now those same boxes are around $40-45. Inflation and exchange rates woo
Agree 100% on this and I'm also Aussie. I find the most value right now is I saw at Big W they are selling Darkness Ablaze with a Bonus pack of Sword Shield base for $6. This works out to $3 a pack which is even more value than buying even the cheapest Booster Box on sale for $150-160 (around 3.50 a pack) and that isn't often. We get mostly ripped off on anything above $20/$40 tins though sadly.

Wolfgirl90

Professor Luna
So.... the 9 pocket Ultra-pro binders really are dead, aren't they? :(

They aren't; they're just a pain in the butt to find these days. I've managed to get every 9 pocket binder for the past 2 generations (including the Hidden Fates one), but it's not as easy as it used to be. I used to just get them at Toys R Us or some retailer. Now you have to get them directly from Ultra Pro or get them from another gaming site (I've been using Game Kastle).

Why TPCi doesn't go ahead and sell the 9 pocket binders in the Pokemon Center, I haven't the slightest clue.