Pokemon TCG Product Lineup Through May -- Shifting Set Releases, New Products!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Ooh. I wonder if they'll include the Shiny Crobat V in the Trainer's Toolkit 2.0 or if there will be an alternate art for it in Shiny Star V they might use instead.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
Dream Ball tin or bust

Dream_Ball_1.jpg29a19e5c-c691-4a8e-a19a-3e9333c66e3cOriginal.jpg

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Is the second trainers toolkit confirmed or speculation? If it’s confirmed that’s going to be awesome. Also Vmax battle box!? That sounds really cool

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm confused, this is for Japan only right?
Nope, this is the TPCI release schedule. Japan doesn’t have much of any of the products resembling what we get over here and the release schedule over there is more like a set a month.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
In a normal situation, SWSH5 would be released in February, SWSH6 in May, SWSH7 in August, and SWSH8 in November.

If SWSH5 is released between March and May, shouldn't SWSH6 be released later in the Spring, into the Summer, and not earlier in the Summer? If a set was released earlier in the Summer than usual, shouldn't that be SWSH7?

Are we still getting 4 main sets in 2021? Is SWSH4.5 replacing a main set, or is it in addition to a main set? If it is the former, then it would suck, unless SWSH4.5 is treated like a main set, with Prereleases, Theme Decks, and Booster Boxes.

Could we see something like SWSH5 releasing in early March 2021, SWSH6 releasing in early June 2021, SWSH7 in mid August, and SWSH8 in early November?

What happened to the Theme Decks? I don't see them listed in the product lineup.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Nope, this is the TPCI release schedule. Japan doesn’t have much of any of the products resembling what we get over here and the release schedule over there is more like a set a month.

Ah, thanks. The "V Battle Deck" confused me because Japan already has those / products similar to that. Good to see they're coming to the rest of the world. About time Theme Decks got an overhaul...

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Ah, thanks. The "V Battle Deck" confused me because Japan already has those / products similar to that. Good to see they're coming to the rest of the world. About time Theme Decks got an overhaul...
I think with the right cards, they're a really good idea for making meta cards accessible to people who want to get into the game. It drives down prices of singles for the cards used in them, and gives you a cool product with a bunch of stuff if you're just getting into things. I remember Rayquaza/Keldeo's Battle Arena Deck was sort of the first kind of thing that was like that, it was super useful for both Standard and Expanded. Octillery and VS Seeker I remember being the big parts of it.

I'd like if they did some products like this for Expanded though. Make a deck or a trainer's toolkit with Computer Search and other BW-era staples accessible, why not? They already put Prisms in some of those decks so it isn't like ACE SPECs would be any different.

I will admit, half the reason I want this to be real is just so I can complete Boundaries Crossed. One of the last cards I need is Comp. Search, but I'm not paying that much for some Trainer card that has barely any value to me as a collector. It'd benefit me on top of all the people around wanting to get into that format.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I think with the right cards, they're a really good idea for making meta cards accessible to people who want to get into the game. It drives down prices of singles for the cards used in them, and gives you a cool product with a bunch of stuff if you're just getting into things. I remember Rayquaza/Keldeo's Battle Arena Deck was sort of the first kind of thing that was like that, it was super useful for both Standard and Expanded. Octillery and VS Seeker I remember being the big parts of it.

I'd like if they did some products like this for Expanded though. Make a deck or a trainer's toolkit with Computer Search and other BW-era staples accessible, why not? They already put Prisms in some of those decks so it isn't like ACE SPECs would be any different.

Couldn't agree more. I wish the Battle Arena Decks or whatever we are calling them nowadays were the theme decks (imagine every set released with Battle Arena Decks featuring V cards from the previous set), or at the very least if we started to get V Battle Decks like Japan.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if SWSH 4.5 in English/International will be "Legendary Treasures: Sword & Shield Edition" in the form of LTR's Concept Pack set classification, meaning prereleases can still go on, but no "theme decks" will be connected to the set...

I wonder if we'll be getting "25th Anniversary Starter Sets" in the form of the Kanto starters in lieu of Theme Decks, ala "Kalos Starter Set" back in Legendary Treasures?