'Single Strike Master' & 'Rapid Strike Master' Officially Listed, +UV Cards?

We don't yet know if there's something different going on with our English releases. We won't know until we have an official release date for SWSH 5. At this point we're too far out to have a reliable release date for it.

I know you must be busy and all, but I was on the GameStop website and they have a Pre-order for Lapras and Snorlax VMax box. Did I miss Pokebeach's article/forum about this? Or is this new?

By looking at the box, it comes with Lapras V and VMax, Snorlax V and VMax, pins, oversize Snorlax VMax and 8 boosters. I think I saw an Evolutions there.

Yeah I saw it 2 days ago from a GS employee, it's a minor product so we're waiting for the list of its contents before posting a story.

Will these "Single Strike" and "Rapid Strike" things like Team Plasma Pokèmon?

The rumor I heard was that when you play both from your hand during your turn, the cards come to life and clean your room for you.

It doesn't specify something like that but it'll be interesting to see what they do. Battle Style could be a new method of playing the game via a different format.

Morpeko is basically a toned down version of the recently banned DEX #62 Sableye, cycling only 1 item card back from the discard pile into your hand instead of 2 and you have to reveal it, but costs a colourless instead of a darkness. Will be fine in some situations, but hopefully not as 'fine' as it's expanded predecessor... Oh and bouffalant is typical 1 prize fodder

Last edited:
Morpeko is basically a toned down version of the recently banned DEX #62 Sableye, cycling only 1 item card back from the discard pile into your hand instead of 2 and you have to reveal it, but costs a colourless instead of a darkness. Will be fine in some situations, but hopefully not as 'fine' as it's expanded predecessor... Oh and bouffalant is typical 1 prize fodder
It's also a toned down version of All Out Granbull, doing 110 for 1 energy on a basic instead of 160 for 1 energy on a stage 1.

Yeah, whenever I see an effect like that I'm immediately cautious. Maybe there's a better way of balancing these, like Lost Zoning a card from the discard pile for each Item you return - anything to not make these loop forever.

Single prizes only
Isn't that Commons only?

• Morpeko - can this Morpeko become the new Sableye? it depends. It's the nerfed version of the card. 3
  • Bouffalant -ehh. 2

Single prizes only
Not quite. I have run a format like that on my Discord server, though, called Aceless. In that format, all Standard-legal cards are legal, with the exception of Pokémon-GX (including Tag Team Pokémon-GX), Pokémon V, and Pokémon VMAX. I hold alternate format tournaments once a month and Aceless and Pauper have both been favorites.

Pauper is a format in which cards from Black & White base set onward are legal, so long as the card has an English-language print that was either a common or uncommon in rarity. BW, SM, and SWSH Promo cards with common or uncommon counterparts in a legal set are also legal. Karen XY177 is also legal.

The following cards make up the format's current ban list:

• Chip-Chip Ice Axe UNB 165
  • Delinquent BKP 98
  • Flabébé FLI 83
  • Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
  • Hex Maniac AOR 75
  • Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178
  • Lusamine CIN 96
  • Lysandre's Trump Card PHF 99
  • Oranguru UPR 114
  • Puzzle of Time BKP 109
  • Red Card XY 124