• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sableye/Arctozolt/Roxie deck

Gymmy

Aspiring Trainer
Hi there guys, I recently got back into Pokemon TCG and would like to build a deck revolving around Sableye V and Arctozolt's ability. This is what the current list looks like but what I really want to know from you is which direction I shall take this Sableye V built to. I mean, I also thought about getting rid of Weezing and Roxie to make room for some other items or supporters or maybe going for a more straightforward approach using Obstagoon and rare candy rather than Arctozolt. Even Flapple looks viable... What would you recommend? Which version do you think has more potential?

Pokemon

3 Sableye V

4 Weezing

3 Arctozolt

2 Jirachi

1 Crobat

1 Dedenne GX

2 Zigzagoon

1 Hoopa

Supporters-items

4 Roxie

4 Prof. Research

2 Boss' orders

4 Scoop up net

4 Switch

4 Turbo patch

4 Velox Ball

3 Rare fossil

3 Pokemon Communication

1 Ordinary rod

2 Spikemuth

Energies

8 Dark Energies

The Flapple Sableye combo has already proven itself to be a viable pick. Arctozolt is new so time will have to tell how good it will be but I personally think any deck playing Arctozolt should be playing energy disruption. other than that your decklist looks good, one card off of being identical to some I've seen on youtube so I think you're fine. the only other thing I would recommend is a Mimkyu with Heal Jammer so that any pokemon that you are trying to set up for a knock out don't get healed.

As someone who's done testing with a similar list, I can agree that Heal Jammer Mimikyu is going to be necessary as long as Mallow and Lana is in the format. I personally run a max count of Jirachi, just cuz I'm of the belief that, since it's a starter, you want to be able to get it in the opening hand as often as possible. I also agree with @JFlo that energy denial is paramount, at least in this version of the deck, since your "primary" method of dropping damage is by your opponent attaching energy. Now, you could stop at hammers, or add in a couple Yell Grunt; I've personally elected to run both since I run straight Arctozolt with nothing particularly fancy. Overall, pretty good list, though I'd also swap in either some of your own Mallow/Lana or Bird Keeper, just so you can't get something trapped in the active slot for the Vikavolt V matchup.

Back