'Ultra Premium Box,' 'Elite Trainer Box Plus,' and More 'Champion's Path' Products in November!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'd be excited for those metal dice if they weren't the awful numbered ones they do these days. I know I'm like, the only person who cares about that but it really does bum me out still that one of my favorite things to collect in the TCG got butchered.

Besides that I'm probably skipping this one either way. There's not really much for me here, I don't have much interest in the Sword and Shield era and it doesn't really seem like it's going to end up being worth the price where instead I could just get a bunch of singles or some other stuff for that exact price and feel a lot better about my purchase. Maybe on sale or something. But I'm sure the people who like the products and the Sword and Shield series will like this, so good on them at least.

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
"A set of richly designed metal condition markers"
That is the best description of anything the pokemon company has ever given of anything! I saw that and started laughing

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Ok, so if my math's correct then getting both of the ETB+ would be a much better deal than the Ultra Premium. For the equivalent of 20 USD more you're getting 12 extra packs than you would normally on top of all the content in the regular Super Premium. That makes it a lot better deal and I'd be much more inclined to get these...

If they actually put them in the US. I have a really big problem with them not doing that, because now you're limiting US collectors who want to get these products to buy a grossly overpriced product that has less content than you would if you lived somewhere with the ETB+ boxes. Like...I already have a problem with the way they price most products, the way so many of them are stupidly oversized, and now one of the few times I think "Hey, that's not a bad deal!" They're giving it this weird exclusivity.

It just feels kinda scummy of them to do that, with how overpriced Pokemon TCG stuff is already. If you want these gold cards and you're in the US you're better off hoping there's a good shipping cost internationally or just getting singles. Maybe they'll be around in the states eventually, who knows. I sure hope so.

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, so if my math's correct then getting both of the ETB+ would be a much better deal than the Ultra Premium. For the equivalent of 20 USD more you're getting 12 extra packs than you would normally on top of all the content in the regular Super Premium. That makes it a lot better deal and I'd be much more inclined to get these...

If they actually put them in the US. I have a really big problem with them not doing that, because now you're limiting US collectors who want to get these products to buy a grossly overpriced product that has less content than you would if you lived somewhere with the ETB+ boxes. Like...I already have a problem with the way they price most products, the way so many of them are stupidly oversized, and now one of the few times I think "Hey, that's not a bad deal!" They're giving it this weird exclusivity.

It just feels kinda scummy of them to do that, with how overpriced Pokemon TCG stuff is already. If you want these gold cards and you're in the US you're better off hoping there's a good shipping cost internationally or just getting singles. Maybe they'll be around in the states eventually, who knows. I sure hope so.
i agree i mean if you look what happened with the premium check lane blisters the UK got rebel clash and we only got swsh base

The Fish

0.o

Honestly, the UK never gets the super premium stuff anyway (there was that sweet Dragon Majesty super box or whatever that we never got), so it's fair.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Honestly, the UK never gets the super premium stuff anyway (there was that sweet Dragon Majesty super box or whatever that we never got), so it's fair.
Sure it sucks that a lot of products were excluded in other markets but it doesn't mean that they should continue doing that. This is the most egregious example in recent history to me (that I know of) because it's a matter of how bad a deal the US version is in comparison, it feels like a total ripoff compared to what everyone else is getting. What they should do is just make the options available everywhere. Sure, you'll have to make a few minor changes depending on what the laws are over in any given country, but make it so one country isn't getting blatantly ripped off compared to the others. I'd be saying the same thing if they were screwing over the UK like that, scummy practices are scummy no matter where you are.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
"A set of richly designed metal condition markers"
That is the best description of anything the pokemon company has ever given of anything! I saw that and started laughing
Rich Corinthian metal condition markers. Has to be, but they left that out for fear of summoning
Ricardo Montalban's ghost.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I pulled a golden Zacian a few months ago, so if this box has the same one I'm gonna flip out

I'm guessing this time it's that horrendous, absolutely and completely flat gold card like the Tapu Lele and old Reshiram ones, etc. God, those are tacky, my goodness...

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm guessing this time it's that horrendous, absolutely and completely flat gold card like the Tapu Lele and old Reshiram ones, etc. God, those are tacky, my goodness...
The Reshiram and Zekrom are pretty nice once you look at them up close. Every scan I've seen of them doesn't really do it justice, and at least they had a unique render to them so they felt different from the normal ones. Now the Sun and Moon ones? They're a bit better than Rainbow Rares which are the most horrendously bad collectible this game's ever come up with, but still not a fan of how it's just "The Full Art but with gold paint." I wish Sun and Moon was just Regular-GXs, Full Art, and then the Hidden Fates shinies which at least looked better than their original versions. Maybe keep the gold cards since there's at least not many of them, but it'd have been nice if they had their own unique artwork like the HF promo Solgaleo and Lunala did. Or something along those lines.

You'd hope that Sword and Shield would have improved on this, but instead we get Rainbow VMAX's and Rainbow Supporters that are again, the same thing but with a tacky-looking palette swap, and some horrendous glitter foiling.

Man, I am negative today! I'm gonna go revel in my nostalgia and go play the Legacy format or something...

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I'm gonna go revel in my nostalgia and go play the Legacy format or something...

So funny you would mention this, I play almost exclusively legacy nowadays on ptcgo and one of the reasons is because of how much more beatiful the game looks in that era of cards. Sun&Moon onwards have been disastrous to the appearance of the game in my opinion, not just the full arts, even the frame is atrocious to me.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
So funny you would mention this, I play almost exclusively legacy nowadays on ptcgo and one of the reasons is because of how much more beatiful the game looks in that era of cards. Sun&Moon onwards have been disastrous to the appearance of the game in my opinion, not just the full arts, even the frame is atrocious to me.
We're in the same boat then! (You might even find me around playing Legacy sometimes, I'm running Weavile and Reshiphlosion right now just for fun while I hunt down stuff for other decks, mainly Landorus, TDK, and Genesect). The BW era is my absolute favorite in the TCG and I'm a huge fan of XY as well. EX's to me are the last time an Ultra Rare actually looked like a Pokemon card, and that's what I liked about them. The Full Arts and Secret Rares from those generations were fantastic too... Just everything about those sets. They weren't too hard to collect, they looked good, I even got to playing the game for some time during those years. I just don't like the direction the TCG has been taking in the last three (almost four) years now.

GX's are just too much, the Full Arts were such a letdown in comparison to what we were getting the 6 years prior, sets became so bloated with filler and Rainbow Rares...It's just bad. 2019 was a good year I think though. I liked Hidden Fates, I thought that the Shiny Vault was a nice thing for collectors, despite the GX's being recolors. (They look a lot better than their Full Art and Rainbow counterparts though to the point where I don't mind). And Tag Teams were pretty nice too, with the 2D art and all that. It seemed like things were picking up but now Sword and Shield is just so bland to the point where I could not care less about it. You've either got forgettable cards, awful rainbows, or VMAX's which have Way too much going on. Literally the only two cards I want out of it are the Charizard V line, just because I'm a Zard collector.

I'm sure most of the people on here who know my comments are sick of me talking about how much I dislike the way Pokemon's been going, but it just bums me out. Luckily I've got all of Gens 1~6 to still collect what I'm missing from them though. I just wish Pokemon would stop being so disappointing these days in nearly every aspect, both the games and the TCG especially.

VanillaLuxury

Aspiring Trainer
I don't want to be a burden, but I believe this does NOT come with 16 packs. My distributor called me about this product and says it comes with 12 packs. Update?

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
We're in the same boat then! (You might even find me around playing Legacy sometimes, I'm running Weavile and Reshiphlosion right now just for fun while I hunt down stuff for other decks, mainly Landorus, TDK, and Genesect). The BW era is my absolute favorite in the TCG and I'm a huge fan of XY as well. EX's to me are the last time an Ultra Rare actually looked like a Pokemon card, and that's what I liked about them. The Full Arts and Secret Rares from those generations were fantastic too... Just everything about those sets. They weren't too hard to collect, they looked good, I even got to playing the game for some time during those years. I just don't like the direction the TCG has been taking in the last three (almost four) years now.

GX's are just too much, the Full Arts were such a letdown in comparison to what we were getting the 6 years prior, sets became so bloated with filler and Rainbow Rares...It's just bad. 2019 was a good year I think though. I liked Hidden Fates, I thought that the Shiny Vault was a nice thing for collectors, despite the GX's being recolors. (They look a lot better than their Full Art and Rainbow counterparts though to the point where I don't mind). And Tag Teams were pretty nice too, with the 2D art and all that. It seemed like things were picking up but now Sword and Shield is just so bland to the point where I could not care less about it. You've either got forgettable cards, awful rainbows, or VMAX's which have Way too much going on. Literally the only two cards I want out of it are the Charizard V line, just because I'm a Zard collector.

I'm sure most of the people on here who know my comments are sick of me talking about how much I dislike the way Pokemon's been going, but it just bums me out. Luckily I've got all of Gens 1~6 to still collect what I'm missing from them though. I just wish Pokemon would stop being so disappointing these days in nearly every aspect, both the games and the TCG especially.

It's not even that long since I started playing legacy, I was playing ptcgo a lot back in 2017 when Espeon/Garb was in standard, around that time, then I stopped playing and returned when the lockdown started a few months back. I didn't wanna buy packs at the time so I grinded theme deck tournaments and made a lot of packs there and assembled some expanded decks (baby necrozma and Gardeon-GX) Then I started getting a lot of stuff for other decks, I ended up having Pikarom, Reshirom, MewMew toolbox, etc. Then I realized I was on the cusp of being able to assemble Weavile Eggs for legacy, the only hard thing to get missing being the Smeargle, got it in the second pack of Undaunted that I had ever opened lol. Started playing the format and fell in love with it, like I said, not just the gameplay, the look of the game is so much better. Since then I traded most of my expanded position into legacy stuff, I had 3 tradeable Shaymins and got lucky with the sudden Inteleon hype in standard which skyrocketed its price (got it for 2~3 packs each back then and sold it for 10 a few days ago). To sum up, I now have assembled Durant, Empoleon, Garchomp, Landorus, TDK, Eggs, Blastoise, Cinccino, Darkrai-EX (playing it just like the Gardeon deck with Hydreigon doing the Aromatisse impression), Gothitelle, Reshiram, Zekron. I have most of the staples, the most notorious ones missing being the Celebi Primes for the Genesect deck (I have a total of 24 Triumphant prime/legends, only one of them being Celebi ¬¬), the Alph Litograph I want to really cutthroat the Durant deck, and the Tropical Beaches, which makes me not even wanna bother with acquiring cards for the decks that really need it to be any good (mostly the item lock/ special condition lock decks, Flygon/Dusknoir, etc and that type of stuff). My name there is DiegoDT (I like Dream Theater a lot :p ), add me if you bump into me on some legacy game :)

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I pulled a golden Zacian a few months ago, so if this box has the same one I'm gonna flip out
The golden Zacian/Zamazenta Vs from this box will be different than the SR Vs from SWSH, these promo will be more like the gold Solgaleo/Lunala GXs found in the Hidden Fates Ultra-Premium Collections.

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer

i’m with you 100%. Either they need to make the number of packs in the english one more so that it basically ends up being the same value or I sure as hell wont be buying it...unless they aren’t getting all the promos in the international versions