'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
Also interestingly, Jolteon will turn Vaporeon off while Vaporeon will turn Flareon off, lol. So [R] ability decks could play Jolteon if they feel threatened by Vaporeon, and [G] could play Vaporeon the same way, but [W] are kinda hurt the most (lol) by the introduction of these three. There's also the possibility none of these are even worth the deck space. Let's hope the Eevee that comes w/ these three has some kind of insane, gamebreaking attack that makes Memory Capsule actually worth attaching. These also remind me of a severely nerfed Garbotoxin Garb.

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
I think that these cards absolutely suck unless there is a good evee that they release

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Mmmm the fact that they have noticed that complete ability lock is broken, and so the ones they print have large drawbacks (Weezing can be gusted around, these need Memory Capsule), makes me think that they may ban Garbodor from expanded... Just a weird thought I had, TBH.

Nyora

A Cat
Mmmm the fact that they have noticed that complete ability lock is broken, and so the ones they print have large drawbacks (Weezing can be gusted around, these need Memory Capsule), makes me think that they may ban Garbodor from expanded... Just a weird thought I had, TBH.
Wobbuffet can be gusted around, Lunatone exists, Slaking exists, and these have been around for awhile and uhh, Garbotoxin is still in the format. Garbotoxin is far from busted, even though it is a ridiculously powerful ability. These are also "watered down" but could potentially have other uses, such as shutting down specific abilities, but not your other Pokemon's abilities. Remember when Cramorant and Arrokuda were revealed and people were like "yeah this is bad" then Nessa got revealed and people were like "yeah this is playable"? Exact situation here. Set's not out yet, we don't even know what the Eevee does. Wouldn't be surprised if it is ridiculously good. Wouldn't also be surprised if more support is printed for these guys and, because of what they target, there's a huge chance we get more good GRW abilities in this set, which has already actually happened! Orbeetle VMAX and Charizard so far, but I wouldn't doubt if something like say, a new Seaking or Delibird is printed with a very good ability. I'd give these time at first.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I'm pretty sure it does, it says "to evolve it", it's a previous evolution of whatever's on top of it.
We will need the ruling for it before we conclude we everything. For now, I assume it isn't. Flareon says it evoles from Eevee not Eevee GX.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon's official Twitter page just released a Tweet about Vivid Voltage and added a page for it on the main site. Key details are sparse but here's what I noticed...
  • 185+ cards in the set
  • 11 Pokemon V and 6 Pokemon VMAX with Zarude V being mentioned and Pikachu V/VMAX being a given.
  • 15+ Trainer cards in the set and 4 new Special Energy cards
  • Legendary Heartbeat's Amazing Pokemon are mentioned as being included in the set.
It's very little to go on but I can't say I'm that surprised, most Fall sets usually bring in new mechanics.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
We will need the ruling for it before we conclude we everything. For now, I assume it isn't. Flareon says it evoles from Eevee not Eevee GX.

So? It evolved from an Eevee GX when it evolves from an Eevee GX so it counts

CrownAxe is correct

Eevee GX's Ability allows it to evolve into a Pokemon that evolves from Eevee specifically. The card is designed to work in tandem with the other Eeveelution GXs and allows you to expand the options instead of being stuck with 4 Eevee. In this instance, it is evolved and Memory Capsule counts.

You technically don't need to wait on any ruling to clarify this, we're 2 years into the card's existence. If this card was not designed to work with regular evolutions, they would have put a stop to it immediately.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Pokemon's official Twitter page just released a Tweet about Vivid Voltage and added a page for it on the main site. Key details are sparse but here's what I noticed...
  • 185+ cards in the set
Yknow? These gargantuan sets might be half the reason I'm tired of the modern TCG. Rainbows and bland-looking Ultra Rares aside, there's just too much going on. It's not surprising anymore but it sure has to be exhausting after three years of this mess. I dunno, PCL in Japan should really quit the whole Monthly Set with 5000 different Secret Rares thing. I don't mind special sets, something like the Concept Packs from XY were great! But it still kept it so mainsets felt actually...Achievable without having to break your back over finding a million different things.

And yeah, you could say that "big sets always existed, look at Aquapolis and Skyridge!" The thing is, those sets had the same issues we do now. They released a ton of sets in Japan and Wizards kinda had to lump them all together (of course since they were about to lose their license too). But then after that, you look at the big sets of BW/XY (Boundaries Crossed for example) and now those are all on the small side of things compared to 200+ card sets. They were always going to happen but those, unlike these weren't littered with 50000 Secret Rares.

At least to me it also kinda makes everything feel a little bit more forgettable. Like if you asked me what's in something like a random BW or XY set, I could tell you. It's more focused and what is featured in it feels more memorable and special because of it. (Even the huge sets like Boundaries Crossed had only a handful of Ultra Rares). Again that's just me, I'm sure some people out there love the gigantic new sets and all the millions of different things in them. It's just not for me and I'm really turned off to collecting most of the last three years of this game because of it.

But that's enough of my obligatory Grumpy Old Man type complaining, at the end of the day I still have 6 entire generations worth to collect so I'm not complaining about that.

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
I knew it would be Weakness Guard! No s the only unrevealed one is the Water type, which probably has something to do with healing.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
In before the water special energy is surging water energy and is either a double water energy, and allows a 2nd attach from hand (like Alpha Growth ancient trait)

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Alloy M energy - Negates Welder weakness and helps Zacian counters Fire decks. Zacian loses Metal Frying Pan, which hurts Zacian. This helps it. 4-5

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
I have no idea if this Machamp can be good,but at least we've got a regular Machamp after 3 years.
And also the Energy looks good.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I have no idea if this Machamp can be good,but at least we've got a regular Machamp after 3 years.
And also the Energy looks good.
Wasn’t there that Tag Team with Champ last year? Unless you mean just straight Machamp.