• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Eternatus VMAX Post Rotation

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
My take on Eternatus VMAX for the 2021 rotaltion:

Pokemon:16

4 Galarian Zigzagoon (SWSH)
3 Eternatus V (DAA)
3 Eternatus VMAX (DAA)
3 Crobat V (DAA)
2 Hoopa (UNM)
1 Absol (TEU)

Items:20

4 Quick Ball (SWSH)
4 Scoop Up Net (RCL)
3 Crushing Hammer (SWSH)
3 Switch (SWSH)
2 Air Balloon (SWSH)
2 Great Ball (SWSH)
2 Pokemon Communication (Toolkit)

Supporters:13

3 Boss's Orders (RCL)
3 Marnie (SWSH)
3 Piers (DAA)
2 Mallow & Lama (COE)
2 Professor's Research (SWSH)

Stadiums:1

1 Black Market <> (TEU)

Energy:10

3 Capture Energy (RCL)
7 Darkness Energy

I'm tempted to swap out Capture Energy for Hiding (D) Energy, and Air Balloon for Vitality Band. The premise being not having my "free" retreat being vulnerable to Tool Scrapper. I do have lots of other ways to get to Pokemon.

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Not sure why you play Absol since Jirachi loses Board anyway, but Eternatus absolutely needs the 4-4 Eternatus line and 4 Bat. Playing less than that count is outright unoptimal. You also play Piers and lower counts of other really important consistency cards like Research and Marnie. There's also no point in running Great Ball over 4 Comm if you're only going to run 2 of each.

Eternatus as a deck wants to be as straight forward as possible since its only option is to Dread End for a lot of damage. You don't have access to any cool techs/attacking options that would be better so you want to make sure you just draw into everything. Piers is bad because it doesn't draw any cards, and if you're wasting it to use your bat for the turn, there is never a case where that would be better than Marnie or research. One of my friends is playing Eternatus in the Players Cup finals (which is post rotation) and he's running 2 Comm and 4 Great Ball so he can draw them when he needs them (low Comm count makes sense since pretty much every Pokemon wants to be on the field, not in deck). He is running Capture Energy, which I think is better than Hiding Energy when you factor in Air Balloons, Switches and the fact that it makes taking a KO 1 bench space easier. I think Hammers are jank, but Eternatus has the space to run them and they have the power to win mirrors, so I can see it. Other than some questionable consistency choices that can easily be fixed, it's an Eternatus list.

Also you want 4 Boss in Eternatus. In most of your matchups your plan is to gust something turn 2 and KO. Usually a Skorch after Flare Starter, ADP (unless they got the T1 GX, which you can just blow up), or the mirror after their T1 attach unless they Power Accelerator, which again you can just blow up.

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
I'm sorry, but why?

That Hoopa is hot garbage unless I'm running Hiding Energy.

But thanjs @ADP Big Rat, I def understand about consistency, I'm just used to Zard decks where only 4 of is Volc, lol, <3