'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Orbeetle V/VMAX - The atk is fine. Its always designed to punish your opponent to stack some energy. The ability on the VMAX tho is massive. Even Roxie rotated in the format, we found some alternatives, & even with the ability alone, this thing is massive to wriggle down your opponent into KO range. In decks like.... Reshizard to KO Pikarom (I was thinking Eternity but it makes its ability pointless tho. 4/4 Geodudes
  • Pikachu V/VMAX - Atks on V, ehh?! On the VMAX, the fact that L energy is difficult to retrieve in a common manner. KOing Tag Teams is good but short on VMAXs. Downside of this is looping this atk. 3/3-4
  • Electrode - oh well, Mismagius was banned so I will take its place then. This can fit into any deck since you may cancel the secondary effect, which F types can use their stuff pretty easy. 4-5. Nice L energy accel as well.
  • Barraskewda - okay. 140+ for 1 energy, I guess. Nice finisher. 3-4
  • Wyndon Stadium - Great for tanking, I guess? 3 Geodudes

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Orbeetle VMAX has the same ability as Weezing(and possibly even stronger).

Btw,I have a strange tought that the Sirfetch'd from the theme decks will be in this Japanese expansion.

FilpACoin

The Best Typo
Keeping Electrode in mind; Wyndon stadium and the Pikachus are underwhelming. Barraskewda looks like a new finisher? I was really confused about how good it was until I remembered that Barraskewda is the evolution. Basically the same as Cramorant V in many situations. Maybe one could make a deck about forcing your opponent to switch and two-hit KOing with it...
Orbeetle VMAX looks like one of the more interesting VMAXs- I love the ability, and the attack isn't half bad against plenty of the format.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
You can use U-Turn Board and/or Switch to cycle through multiple copies of Orbeetle VMAX that you have set up, since the ability is only limited to once per copy. Sounds pretty powerful and may be viable as its own deck coupled with a Roxie engine, or as part of a Dragapult VMAX deck.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I really hope something allows for those Arrokuda to come back from the discard relatively easily (There might be already, I don't pay attention enough to know this offhand). It'd be kinda like a quasi-Weavile/Eggs deck that's a fun time in the Legacy format, except without all the Eggs/Junk Arms shenanigans.

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
This is cool, this is the kind of interaction I expected to see between Dragapult and Dreepy cards. Love to see it, 240 turn one, but we don't have much ball search.