Discussion Vikavolt V/Volcarona GX Post Rotation Deck List Tier deck!

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
Vikavolt V/Volcarona GX

Pokémon

4 Vikavolt V
3-3 Volcarona GX
2 Dedenne GX
1 Crobat V
1 Cramorant V
1 Marshadow

Trainers

4 Welder
4 Quick Ball
4 Fire Crystal
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Switch
3 Pokegear 3.0
2 Professor’s Research
2 Cherish Ball
2 Ear-ringing Bell
2 Giant Hearth
1 Boss’s Orders
1 Brock’s Grit
1 Reset Stamp
1 Pal Pad

Energy

4 Speed Energy
8 Fire

I’ve been testing this deck out for the past week now, and I feel I have it perfected! I’m a top player in Wisconsin and would like to share this masterpiece of a deck to anyone looking for a standard deck to play for next season! The point of this deck is simple. Keep an item lock the whole game, while using Volcarona GX on the bench to add or snipe damage. This deck can go on the offense with Volcarona GX to 1 shot Zaician V as well. It plays Ear-Ringing Bell to make your opponents attacks a 50% chance of attacking, while they can’t play switch and can be stuck out in the active. This deck is nasty & can be quite annoying to play against as well. It’s very consistent and has been tested against many decks. Let’s discuss!

Last edited:

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
this looks decent except for the lack of energy acceleration
Just cut the turbos for welders and add tapu koko somehow and you have a deck that actually isn't terrible.
Well done.

Pokeman

I’m making some adjustments, I’ll update the list as soon as I do.

Pokeman

The list is now up to date, I liked the idea with Welders, but had an issue trying them before, but now I fit the pieces in right to make the deck even more presentable!

Pokeman

Hey guys this deck is a must try, Crobat V was the right choice! I added a second reset stamp and this deck is dangerous, no lie!

Perfect list after adjusting it all day & with the help of suggestions. Now let’s get to discussion!

Last edited:

Ethan R

Aspiring Trainer
So, seeing that vikavolt is the main attacker, I'm a little concerned about access to speed energy. has this been a problem at all? if so, maybe consider a guzma & hala? This list looks really fun though! Also, do you have a list for UPR-DAA? There is a relatively large tourney in that format, and I am looking for cool rouge ideas in that format.

Pokeman

No concern at all, I hit the Speed Energy turn 1 every game thanks to Crobat V and Dedenne GX turn 1. The list is flawless when it comes to set up! And no I only have the list set for next season, I’m not even familiar at this point with the current format since it’s about to be rotated anyways.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Whats a "Deck List Tier deck!"?

I remember the old days, when we had a subforum for discussion of Meta decks, with skeleton lists, suggestions to fill in the slots missing in the skeleton, among other things...

^ Is THAT a "deck list tier deck?"

^ If not, then I don't mean to do the mods' job here, but I believe this should go in the deck garage. I thought deck help requests are not allowed in this forum titled "PTCG Competitive"...

Oh, and to make this post relevant, in case this is a Garage thread:

If any pokemon is low on energy, and you need a quick Welder in the endgame on both ends, Eldegoss V could be of good use to get out a Welder from discard to hand in the event all four are used up, and you need one more to get enough Energy to finish the game...

Pokeman

I remember the old days, when we had a subforum for discussion of Meta decks, with skeleton lists, suggestions to fill in the slots missing in the skeleton, among other things...

^ Is THAT a "deck list tier deck?"

^ If not, then I don't mean to do the mods' job here, but I believe this should go in the deck garage. I thought deck help requests are not allowed in this forum titled "PTCG Competitive"...

Oh, and to make this post relevant, in case this is a Garage thread:

If any pokemon is low on energy, and you need a quick Welder in the endgame on both ends, Eldegoss V could be of good use to get out a Welder from discard to hand in the event all four are used up, and you need one more to get enough Energy to finish the game...

I don’t need any help with the deck, the deck list is a mere show for discussion. Deck garage is for helping build a deck. I already made the deck and want to talk about how broken it is. Also I’m not chicken to play in a online tournament, I choose not to, I don’t play online, only in real life.

Pokeman

Mainly myself or with my fiancé! When we have leagues I might pop in once in a while to get some extra testing in.