2020 Holiday Set Confirmed, Includes Missing Sun & Moon Cards!

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
WPM, do we know all these products are directly associated with this set? I've been commenting on these more recent threads with educated guesses about a "SM Premium Trainers Box," but I didn't invent that out of thin air so much as I thought it was intimated in one of your news articles about this set; can backtrack to find it but also can't be bothered since at this point it is or it isn't – and it's starting to look less the case.

It is or it isn't.....so... Schrodinger's Cat?

Pokécario

Aspiring Trainer
So I’m guessing the Super premium collection will be a bit cheaper than $80 this time considering that it only comes with 8 packs instead of ten. Also kind of wish they included those 3 big storage boxes instead of the pins since I’m starting to run out of card storage lol

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
WPM, do we know all these products are directly associated with this set? I've been commenting on these more recent threads with educated guesses about a "SM Premium Trainers Box," but I didn't invent that out of thin air so much as I thought it was intimated in one of your news articles about this set; can backtrack to find it but also can't be bothered since at this point it is or it isn't – and it's starting to look less the case.
The ones listed in this story are associated with the set. There are other products we've reported that have nothing to do with this set but are still releasing in the same period.

We originally thought the SM full arts might release in this set since initial product listings back in March called the boxes "GX Boxes." Now they're listed as "V Boxes."

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
We originally thought the SM full arts might release in this set since initial product listings back in March called the boxes "GX Boxes." Now they're listed as "V Boxes."

Still could be possible! Maybe they'll pull another "Hidden Fates" on us and put the SM full arts into a little subset that you can potentially get in the reverse holo slot.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Adding onto what @FireLizard said, Champion's Path was announced via Pokemon's Twitter page and some details on the set were released via the official site.
Here are some of the details from the site...
  • Over 70 cards
  • Cards featuring recently discovered Pokémon from the Galar region
  • 15 awesome Pokémon V and 3 gigantic Pokémon VMAX (Eldegoss V, Lucario V, Duraludon V, Drednaw VMAX, and Alcremie VMAX are mentioned)
  • 19 Trainer cards and a Special Energy card
Kind of surprised by the low set size and the high amount of Pokemon Vs to be honest.

EDIT: Forgot to add Drednaw VMAX and Alcremie VMAX to the list of revealed Pokemon V.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
This is supposed to be our holiday set? Seems like a HUGE downgrade from Dragon Majesty to Hidden Fates to (blows raspberry) this?

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Personal Opinion

2016 (20th Anniversary of Pokemon) we got Generations and Evolutions set.

For 2021 (25th Anniversary)
Who's ready for another Generation 1 Only Set (like Generations or Evolutions)?

Say what you will, but I feel we could use nostalgia once again.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Oooh, those pin collections look nice and they even referenced the version exclusives by making them a two-fer! I'll definitely be buying those when they come out!

The ETB is going to be a pain to get but hopefully not as bad as Hidden Fates' was. I can only hope that the RR Charizard VMAX isn't included in the set, if it is then this set's going to be a struggle to find.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Since it is focused in Galar gym leaders, I genuinely doubt this will have any Amazing Rares. They will probably go into our November set.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
way to be super wrong about char Vmax @Water Pokémon Master
Every prize from those tournaments before that (FA/RR Zekrom, FA Masked Royal, FA/RR Mewtwo) has not seen the light of day overseas, so it'd make sense to assume the same about this one. Furthermore, he was technically not wrong haha
Before anyone asks, Japan’s trophy promos of full art Charizard V and rainbow rare Charizard VMAX were never going to be in this set. It’s unlikely the two promos will release in English anytime soon, if at all.
He said it was unlikely, but not impossible, and the cards weren't in Darkness Ablaze :p