2020 Holiday Set Confirmed, Includes Missing Sun & Moon Cards!

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon featured on pack artwork makes it look like an ordinary set. Galarian Obstagoon is really random, if it's the one we know, cutting it from Darkness Ablaze seems a bit wierd cause it seems better suited for that set. Also how long has it been since a pack art featured a non-ultra rare/special Pokemon (that isn't Mew or Charizard)?

Zarude not being on a pack art makes me think he has been obmitted.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Nothing's confirmed about this set. I highly doubt the Tag Allstars cards will be present

It is, thankfully, looking more and more like the Premium Trainer box product, or whatever it's called, will be to Gen 7 what the XY Premium Collection was to Gen 6. Which means no, we won't get all the FA SRs in SM12a Tag All Stars that lack English counterparts, but what we do get will be a lot easier to get. I'm more than happy to make that trade-off if it means I don't have to open any SWSH-era packs.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
It is, thankfully, looking more and more like the Premium Trainer box product, or whatever it's called, will be to Gen 7 what the XY Premium Collection was to Gen 6. Which means no, we won't get all the FA SRs in SM12a Tag All Stars that lack English counterparts, but what we do get will be a lot easier to get. I'm more than happy to make that trade-off if it means I don't have to open any SWSH-era packs.
what's looking more like the premium trainer box?

Acromantula

Aspiring Trainer
If Gardevoir-VMax and Drednaw-VMax are in the holiday set 2020, the seventh Vmax of Darkness Ablaze (1°Charizard, 2°Grimmsnarl, 3°Eternatus, 4°Centiskorch, 5°Butterfree, 6°Salamence) is certainly Scizor.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
As of July 12 2020, TPCi haven't release an English Card for Darkness Abalze (maybe I should check soon) so I can't change my setlist yet.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
When Darkness Ablaze was initially revealed, my initial thoughts were that Gardevoir was going to get relegated to the November set (which turned out to be right), yet I foolishly backpedaled myself with silly logic.
With hindsight, it makes sense that these are the cut VMAX's as Scizor was introduced in the Isle of Armour so I can see why it'll be in Darkness Ablaze.

That being said, time will tell if my other guesses for the cut V's from Darkness Ablaze will turn out to be true.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Huh. Well, on one hand, that's a bit of a bummer that the Gardevoir cards are pushed back. But on the other hand, I haven't been collecting SwSh sets, so I'd just be buying the singles online, but I WAS planning to buy some products of this holiday set, so now this feels like a bonus to me.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Bold claim considering we got a holiday set just last year with a giant subset of cards that mostly had already been rotated out upon its release.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
WPM, do we know all these products are directly associated with this set? I've been commenting on these more recent threads with educated guesses about a "SM Premium Trainers Box," but I didn't invent that out of thin air so much as I thought it was intimated in one of your news articles about this set; can backtrack to find it but also can't be bothered since at this point it is or it isn't – and it's starting to look less the case.