Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
My post above is worthless, just so everyone knows.

Pre-flip associative reads (aka reading two people as the scumteam, which is what that post just did) are bad.
I wanted the thought out there, though.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
After looking over Eph and Amici’s initial interaction again, I think it’s unlikely they’re both Mafia, though it’s possible one of them may be. Their initial interactions just seemed like jokeposts, so nothing too bad there, and then Ami makes that post about how we need to be careful with our eliminations and that the Firefighter should avoid claiming if at all possible; again, good points, but not completely alignment indicative. And after that Eph describes Ami as “locktown.” Naive trust or pocketing attempt by Eph? Possibly.

I am liking the points bbninjas is raising and would like to see Vom and Eph’s responses to them.

don't like this post. w/w or non w/w interactions are super easy to throw out as wolves. Also feels like IIOA (haven't clarified this but it's Information Instead of Analysis, which is what scum do to try and look like they have content) – it basically just recounts the me/Amici interaction but like, simplified.

The conclusions here are also kinda hedgy: it's possible one of them may be [mafia]; naive trust or pocketing attempt... possibly. Puts up a lot of possibilities with vague ideas and doesn't try to conclude much.

##UNSUSPECT: bbninjas - although i still very much suspect bb, i feel like my vote's not needed on him right now
##BLEH: MegaPod_781

new rainbow:

Amici
Scattered/Vom
Lily
Jade – null town level here
Mega/bb
Cel

3 at the bottom are all kinda close to each other.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
After looking over Eph and Amici’s initial interaction again, I think it’s unlikely they’re both Mafia, though it’s possible one of them may be. Their initial interactions just seemed like jokeposts, so nothing too bad there, and then Ami makes that post about how we need to be careful with our eliminations and that the Firefighter should avoid claiming if at all possible; again, good points, but not completely alignment indicative. And after that Eph describes Ami as “locktown.” Naive trust or pocketing attempt by Eph? Possibly.

I am liking the points bbninjas is raising and would like to see Vom and Eph’s responses to them.

Thats a bit strange cause the points bbninjas is raising contradict your thought about amici and eph unlikely being on the same alliance. After eph responded, what are you leaning to more?

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Hi guys, glad to see lots of discussion. Admittedly I tend to talk less in higher-activity games but I'm going to do my best to fix that here.

Just skimming over right now--hopped on first thing in the morning, I'll actually read through in like an hour or so.

Ephe definitely seems to be leading right now. Very chaotic, definitely different then when I've played with him in the past but he's been playing on MU recently, so nothing really to go off of there. Until I back read deeper, town-lean for Ephe, leading gives town-cred for now.
I don't entirely get Ephe's strong townread of Amici or why he appears to be defending her so hard. Looking into that deeper in a little while as well.
Scattered is asking lots of questions, keeping conversation going, good scum/town hunting, he leans town for me.
From the little I saw of mega he seems to be leaning town as well. I've only played with him a few times, and those were back in my days of joining and then flopping. Interesting post on Amici/Ephe interactions.

I know that's not everyone, I'll be around more in a little while, just wanted to give something instead of sit on the thread and lurk.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
But back-pedalling without being explicit about it is actually scummy because it keeps options open (you can always go back to that case if another doesn’t work out), and leaving options open only benefits scum.
I would argue it benefits town more at this point, the very beginning of D1. The way I see it, D1 is the easiest day to push for a misyeet for scum and get away with it. If we focus on only one person from the get go and look at no one else, we're making their job easier. Wouldn't it make more sense to look at different options and pick the best one?
You mean she seems to be more careful not to outright accuse eph ?
I am - I still think Ephemera is the best option we have right now (hence my vote is still on them) but I don't wanna tunnel.
Scattered is asking lots of questions, keeping conversation going, good scum/town hunting, he leans town for me.
Is he? He asked a few (very valid) questions, but hasn't put out content of his own. Notice that in the one post where he appears to give input into the game, he does so in probabilities - not opinions. What do you make of that?
is there anyway to ISO someone without it being a total pain?
Use the search bar above, type someone's name in 'Posted by member' and then mark 'This thread only'. That last part is very important or you'll end up with posts from the entire Forum Games.

Also, you seem awfully happy to let Ephemera take all the heat from your interactions. Do you have something to say about that?

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Use the search bar above, type someone's name in 'Posted by member' and then mark 'This thread only'. That last part is very important or you'll end up with posts from the entire Forum Games.

wait there's a way to ISO people here???? i literally was just backreading the thread for every ISO i did oh my god there's a way to ISO people!!!

Ephemera

just a little longer...
ISOs are my lifeblood, I thought that would get harder to do as the game went on due to like, having to backread the whole thread and get rid of other people's posts.

This is a revelation, and it cannot be understated how much i like this.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
okay, while it's nice to have a lot of attention on me (>/////<) i think we – as in, like, everyone – need to discuss other people besides me

this isn't even an alignment indicative post – i would say this as town or scum (in this case it's from town but that's obviously my point of view)

if I end up being the center of attention here, and not too much else is discussed – who else could be my partners if scum, or what to do if i flip town – we're just going to start D2 with the same conditions, except I'll be a treestump and can't vote, and someone will be primed. That's not a great way to have our D1 go.

@Jadethepokemontrainer what do you think of Vom, or Cel?
@Celever what do you think of bb?

like, it would be cool to see ideas from people about people they haven't considered yet. are they town? are they scum?

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Also i was really dang active today, but just to let you know preparations for IRL stuff are soon to murder my free time (even in quarantine lol) so i'm def not gonna be as active.
i'll try to be. but i'll fail. if i'm as active as i was today i'm not going to be ready for all my IRL stuff.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Jade's follow-up post is typical. Like, it's hard to tell. On one hand that comes from town a lot, but on the other it's really easy to fake that as scum.

I don't really see an agenda in that post though, so Jade is townlean from that lack of wolfy agenda.

Appendix: other terms I may use at some point and probably will forget to define
FMPOV (from my point of view)
CFD - chinese fire drill (imho i think this terminology should be phased out as well, how about flash wagon?)
CFD -> flash wagon – a last minute change of elimination in the day. I don't think this site's meta is conducive to this play though, so it's not likely to be a factor.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I am - I still think Ephemera is the best option we have right now (hence my vote is still on them) but I don't wanna tunnel.

okay, see I'm conflicted a little on this. Overall you seem to believe what you're saying, and ask questions that do go places. But i have mindmelded with you on a few places (like the above quote) and not a mindmeld from town me right now. I just finished up a scumgame on MU, and I find that a few things you've said here I said in that game, as scum, trying to mislead town.

Macro > micro though (generally) so I'm gonna stick to townreading you for now. Just need that thought out there, and the towniness is a little less.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
other words/jargon of mafia:

macro read = when you look at someone's posts as a whole and see if they're generally towny or scummy
micro read = when you base your read on someone off of one post (or a few) rather than their whole ISO (in this case ISO means all their posts)

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
okay, while it's nice to have a lot of attention on me (>/////<) i think we – as in, like, everyone – need to discuss other people besides me
Why? This just comes off as as trying to get attention off yourself, especially with the WIFOM you added right after.
if I end up being the center of attention here, and not too much else is discussed – who else could be my partners if scum, or what to do if i flip town – we're just going to start D2 with the same conditions, except I'll be a treestump and can't vote, and someone will be primed. That's not a great way to have our D1 go.
Well, the way you're acting right now makes me inclined to keep you as the center of my attention. well that and no one else seems to be around. Why are you already jumping to the 'don't eliminate me that'll be super bad for town and waste the entire day' bit? We're only just starting D1, and you have like, two votes on you.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Holy heck, this post editor. Is anyone else unable to copy/paste quote blocks here on mobile?

Thats a bit strange cause the points bbninjas is raising contradict your thought about amici and eph unlikely being on the same alliance. After eph responded, what are you leaning to more?

Well, it was more the questions bb was asking that caught my eye, like the one where he asks Eph about reading Vom’s posts based on Vom’s reading of Eph. But looking back, I’m not seeing where bbninjas contradicts my own thought about the Eph/Ami reaction?

Very skeptical of Eph’s townread on Amici after reading back.

Amici townreads Eph and bang, Eph townreads right back. Coincidence? I think not. Scum always want to return the favour (I.e. townread people who townread them) because that gets that player on their good side. Scum want to make friends ASAP - more friends, more likely you’ll survive the day 1 lynch. Eph’s reasons for a townread could be applied to anyone here (tone? is sensible? the right amount of s***posting? No one has been not sensible and tone is vague and non-descript, anyone could have a “good” tone). Eph would’ve townread the first person to townread them - and Amici was just the lucky one who did it first.

Or at least so it seems. @Eph It doesn’t look like you’re trying to find scum, it looks like you’re just trying to make friends

According to this post, bbninjas seemed to read it as a mafia/town interaction, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the whole contradictory idea. But of course, I don’t see anything wrong about agreeing with bb’s questions if he didn’t read their interaction the same way I did. Players can agree on some points and have varying views on other, no?

As for Eph’s assessment of my post: I understand where he’s coming from, and he’s not wrong that I haven’t given a confident theory yet. At this stage in the game, I’m not sure of what to believe, but I can at least put my ideas out there, and maybe try to do a better job of pressing people for info (the latter was never really my strong suit tbh).

I think posting my own list of leans will be useful.

Vom
bbninjas
Scattered mind

I lean slightly town on these three players so far. They all seem to be asking good questions to get reads or clarify info.

Amici
Fiery Lugia
jade
Celever

These players I read completely null at the moment, because either there’s not enough posts from them to go on, or the ones there are aren’t totally alignment indicative.

Eph

I was feeling a bit conflicted on him. The “town lock” on Amici was rather odd, but Eph did seem to be making genuine assessments of other players since then. But yeah, that comment about discussing other people besides him seems quite defensive. Especially since other people were being discussed in addition to him. I was actually starting to think Eph’s behavior wasn’t worth pursuing with a vote yet, but wanting to shift attention off himself is a red flag.

##UNMOCK: bbninjas
##PRESSXTODOUBT: Ephemera

When will @Celever and @Fiery_Lugia come to provide some thoughts on the game? I was actually gonna pressure vote Celever for dropping off the radar in this post if I didn’t hit “refresh” and see that suspish play by Eph.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
fair warning: this is a kinda shitty way to read people, would not recommend, 7.8/10 too much water.
:U :U :U

(Also just as a heads up my multi-quoting is acting weird, so if some of them don't specify who I'm quoting, blame that).

Is he? He asked a few (very valid) questions, but hasn't put out content of his own. Notice that in the one post where he appears to give input into the game, he does so in probabilities - not opinions. What do you make of that?
Scattered hasn't posted much of his own content, that is true. He claims he is holding some thoughts back for now, which he probably has a valid reason for. He is asking valid questions of people though. You do have a point though, and so far he seems to be less actively contributing his own thoughts than last game, where he was a cop, so small FoS on him for now. Which post are you referring to?

wait there's a way to ISO people here???? i literally was just backreading the thread for every ISO i did oh my god there's a way to ISO people!!!
I've only been on this forum for 4 years, it's fine that I didn't know about this before, right? Right?

@Jadethepokemontrainer what do you think of Vom, or Cel?
Celever has been strangely absent. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt on that, but I am used to him being more active. Using this fancy search system that I just discovered his posts so far consist of an RVS vote, 2 posts clarifying Lily's questions, and then a comment on you and Amici. Speaking of that, @Celever could you elaborate more on that?
You haven't said much to actually contribute, so I'd love to hear your general thoughts too. I'm used to you being more active, but Idk it's been a while and Idk what you've got going on, but it would be nice to hear from you :)

Vom seems to be tunneling sorta hard on you but she has a lot of valid points with it. Everything seems to Ephe vs Vom rn. Alright scratch the hard tunneling, as I just read her more recent posts. lol me writing as I read. I think points she is making are valid, especially with you acting so much different than at least I'm used to in this game.

bb is hard for me to read but uhhshsldjldjcj I'll have to look into his posts more soon I guess :U

I still don't quite understand your hard lean on Amici being town, but you seem very insistent on it. @Ephemera could you explain why you think Amici is town to my small brain? Personally I haven't seen enough from her to make any call.

@Amici Ephe asked you a question a little while back about your top town read, would love to hear the answer to that. Someone also asked for your response on the take on you/Ephe interaction. Basically, I'm just echoing that you should answer those questions ty lol

@Fiery_Lugia You haven't really said anything so far, at least much that contributes. I know this is your first Mafia game and I'm reading you as leading town right now, what are your thoughts so far? Just anything. Nothing you say is wrong, just let us know your thoughts on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.