Discussion Tag Team Pheromosa & Buzzwole + Rillaboom

Psycada

Aspiring Trainer
Just pulled a Pheromosa & Buzzwole and noticed its GX move Beast Game.

(G) Jet Punch 30
This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokemon.

(G)(G)(C) Elegant Sole 190
During your next turn, this Pokemon's Elegant Sole attack's base damage is 60.

(G)+ Beast Game GX 50
If your opponent's Pokemon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, take 1 more Prize Card. If this Pokemon has at least 7 extra Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack's cost), take 3 more Prize Cards instead.

Looked up a few decks with it and it haven't seen one that utilizes Rillaboom's Voltage Beat. Using Turffield Stadium to evolve Grookeys and some energy search cards (maybe Bede too? Might be overkill), do you guys think this could be a viable deck? And what other cards would you include?

NoaWithoutaH

Washed Out Senior Playing in Masters
This deck probably won't be top tier or anything, but that does not mean that it won't work or not be fun. I suggest adding beast ring and beast bringer for when you attempt to win the game with Buzzmosa's Gx attack. Also play Exeggutor & Rowlet Gx for it's first attack that allows you to evolve your Rillabooms on the first turn you can attack.

Psycada

Aspiring Trainer
Haha yeah this is more for fun than anything, I just think Beast Game is a pretty cool move.

Here's a quick draft at a deck list, probably needs some improvements:
##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Grookey SSH 10
* 3 Thwackey SSH 13
* 3 Rillaboom SSH 14
* 1 Kartana UNB 19
* 3 Pheromosa & Buzzwole-GX UNB 1
* 1 Rowlet & Alolan Exeggutor-GX UNM 1
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Turffield Stadium RCL 170
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 2 Sonia RCL 167
* 2 Bede SSH 157
* 2 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
* 2 Marnie SSH 169
* 1 Vitality Band SSH 185
* 2 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 2 Beastite CEC 185
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Mallow & Lana CEC 198
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 2 Energy Switch SSH 162
* 2 Fisherman CES 130
* 2 Guzma & Hala CEC 193

##Energy - 11

* 11 Grass Energy SWSHEnergy 1

Putting a focus on energy finding/attaching, also a bit of stalling. Anybody know some supporting Pokemon that might stall a bit better? Or maybe some general attackers to chip away at health so when P&B are ready they can move in for the kill.

methanems

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think you need to run with some rare candy. I'd be afraid of being in a situation where you need to take too many turns just to get the rillabooms, which could get gusted and KO'd before it's done. I'm wondering if you should run only one or two copies of Buzzmosa, and realistically treat the GX as a surprise attack. I don't think you should bank on that 7 energy gx and instead opt for the 1 energy. Since you can only GX once, I don't think you want to load your bench with these. To me, the strength of the card is really a one off that you throw down and accelerate into attack all during the same turn. Anyone reading your gx with 2 or 3 rillaboom bench will get what you're trying to do.

I think Kartana needs Will to accompany, or multiple kartana/will combos could set you up for multiple interesting sneak attacks with just one rillaboom. You may also want some scoop up nets.

Perhaps I'm overthinking this.

Psycada

Aspiring Trainer
Go ahead and overthink! I think most people would see the GX attack coming anyway, it's pretty hard to hide. It's not like I don't know what's happening when I see a Pikarom attaching a bunch of energy to itself. Also, if you want to know how much I needed sleep when I made that deck list... I didn't even LOOK at Kartana's second attack I just saw his first and thought it would be a good support. Definitely gonna include some Wills, then. Scoop Up would probably be helpful too, to get energy back.

I could probably go without Bede with the Rillabooms and such, and if I remove a P&B that'll free up some room for other cards. Maybe I should add just a bit more energy too? And some Tag Switch/Energy Switch.

methanems

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I feel like you would be better off getting draw cards to sift through your deck faster, rather than Bede. You don't have access to a welder anyway, so the more energy in your hand will not benefit you, especially with rillaboom being your key to the deck, you really only need one energy per turn anyway. Better to cycle through through your deck and better adapt to your match situation. I think Mew would be a potentially good idea. This deck will only be fun if you can set it up (even if you lose with it) and not get wiped before you can do much.