Discussion PTCG Teams

Copycat_tcg

Unsuspecting Ditto
Me and some friends have been collabing a lot recently, and recently decided to do that exclusively and start a team.
Has anybody here traveled with or started a team? How was your team different? Did it help your play at all?

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I created a team with some friends of mine a while ago (Team Megan Bonnett, you may have heard of it) and it started out pretty well. It was intended to be pretty laid-back, focused on community rather than competition, and while that succeeded to a certain extent the lack of strict moderation meant that it just devolved into a toxic mess.

Some of the more serious players tried to revive it in a new server (Team Trump Card) and that was going great. Unfortunately, COVID happened, and tourneys stopped being a thing; this meant that the serious players stopped really talking, and the only people who were were the people from the previous server that just didn't care. And so the same thing happened.

Perhaps some time in the future I'll try to restart it again but I don't think that'll be happening for a while. The best advice I can give you is to not let your team fall into that trap: have a clear idea of what you want your team to be about, and try not to deviate from that.

That being said, good luck, and I hope it works out!

Copycat_tcg

Unsuspecting Ditto
I created a team with some friends of mine a while ago (Team Megan Bonnett, you may have heard of it) and it started out pretty well. It was intended to be pretty laid-back, focused on community rather than competition, and while that succeeded to a certain extent the lack of strict moderation meant that it just devolved into a toxic mess.

Some of the more serious players tried to revive it in a new server (Team Trump Card) and that was going great. Unfortunately, COVID happened, and tourneys stopped being a thing; this meant that the serious players stopped really talking, and the only people who were were the people from the previous server that just didn't care. And so the same thing happened.

Perhaps some time in the future I'll try to restart it again but I don't think that'll be happening for a while. The best advice I can give you is to not let your team fall into that trap: have a clear idea of what you want your team to be about, and try not to deviate from that.

Thanks so much!

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer

Ive actually been thinking of making a new one but nobody would join, especially the old members who now hate me.
But yeah it makes sense why ttc is inactive, im banned from there actually.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
The owner of the server is a mod in another server im in and he banned me there for... reasons. I guess he decided to ban me in his server as well.

Last edited: