• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sableye/Arctozolt Post-rotation

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
As I was monitoring the thread for my Galarian Cursola V decklist I posted not too long ago, a comment suggested I use Sableye V instead of Cursola as an attacker. While I ultimately decided to lean extra heavy into defensive play with that list, ultimately forgoing main attackers outright, using Sableye V still seems viable, and so I made a list for it, as shown below:

Pokemon (16):
  • Sableye V (3)
  • Arctozolt (4)
  • G. Zigzagoon (2)
  • Crobat V (2)
  • Jirachi TEU (3)
  • Mimikyu DAA (1)
  • Hoopa UNM (1)
Trainer (35):
  • Marnie (2)
  • Professor’s Research (4)
  • Piers (2)
  • Boss’ Orders (2)
  • Quick Ball (4)
  • Rare Fossil (4)
  • Pokemon Communication (2)
  • Black Market PS (1)
  • Team Yell Grunt (2)
  • Crushing Hammer (4)
  • Spikemuth (2)
  • Scoop Up Net (2)
  • Bird Keeper (2)
  • Switch (2)

Energy (9):
  • Dark (6)
  • Hiding Dark (3)
This deck is very straightforward; deal chip damage using Arctozolt, Zigzagoon, and Spikemuth to then clean up with Sableye V. Just some quick math: one energy attachment from the opponent with two Arctozolt on the field = 40 damage, resulting in a net 290 damage after Sableye uses Crazy Claws. 1 Zigzagoon drop before the attack results in a net 360, a KO on every pokemon in the game by standard of printed HP, and only missing KOs on Galarian Stunfisk V with a Toughness Cape and 6 energy on, or VMAXes like Charizard, Centiskorch, and Cinderace once they attach 2-3 Heat Fire energies (though in the case of these VMAX pokemon, it's also likely they are going to run Welder, which triggers the Arctozolt damage anyway, so this point is moot). Needless to say, this damage output should more than suffice in ensuring the downfall of most decks in a single attack.

Notably, however, problems can arise due to the specificity of Arctozolt's ability limiting it to attachments from hand; thus allowing decks like Zacian V and Rillaboom VMAX to operate relatively unheeded, especially in Rillabom's case, since it does not need to discard any energy for Max Beating to OHKO Sableye. Despite this setback, this deck could theoretically still operate as intended, utilizing disruption tactics like Black Market PS and Crushing Hammer to lessen the auto-loss potential against decks of this variety.

Edit 1: I've added a few things in order to increase consistency and add additional methods by which I can drop damage. I added a few Jirachi in order to Stellar Wish for Rare Fossil, Spikemuth to punish retreat, Mimikyu in order to disable Mallow and Lana shenanigans, and a Hoopa from Unified minds specifically for Decidueye. I decided to opt for the Unified Minds one since Spikemuth is going to take a heavy toll on the one from DAA. I'll also have to find room for a couple Rocky Helmet when the reprint happens internationally, hopefully with Champion's Path, so feedback on what to cut for those would be appreciated.

Last edited:

momand

Aspiring Trainer
i'd highly consider playing jirachi with 4 switch and 4 scoop up net because you can't search out rare fossil but otherwise the concept is cool

here are my suggested changes:
-2 speed lightning energy (an energy attachment that isn't to sableye v shouldn't be an energy attachment)
-2 capture energy (plays enough basic search as it is)
-2 team yell grunt (i feel like this would be fine but it isn't really a control deck)
-1 piers (i think 2 is fine)
-2 zigzagoon (u wanna fill ur bench with arctozolt not goons + u play scoop up net)
-1 crobat v (i think 1 crobat - 1 dedenne split is better than 2 crobat)

+4 jirachi
+4 switch
+1 dedenne gx
+1 eldegoss v

Last edited:

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
If worried about autolosses you might try to squeeze in a couple hoopa to put damage on, and mimikyu to keep mallow and lana from erasing that damage. That, or put in roxie/weezing.
But I think hoopa would also be more helpful against other 1 energy 1 prizers.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
@TSA123 while Jirachi sounds nice on paper, I think that the loss of escape board hurts it enough to not run a playset of it, since I have to save the switching cards specifically for it. Additionally, while a Crobat/Dedenne split also sounds nice, I'm worried about Dedenne's HP, being in KO range of both Tag Bolt and Spit Shot; Crobat does not have these HP issues, and having a variety of draw in straight/shuffle/discard is more easily sustained in balance with two Crobat over a Dedenne split.

@rewster1 I do agree I should include a Hoopa in here, if not 2, though I'm torn between the UNM and the new one for that inclusion. Out of a concern for space, I think TSA's Jirachi and Weezing are mutually exclusive. However, they may both be fun to test with. Concerning Mimikyu, the theory with the list is that if pokemon get healed, the disruption cards would even out the Mallow and Lana healing, while also forcing opponent's to play it over something like a draw supporter or Boss' Orders.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi John InCENAroar,

Nice deck. I am with TSA123 on the need to include Jirachi in this deck to search out the Rare Fossil cards and other needed trainers. Recall that you have access to Bird Keeper in addition to Scoop Up Net and Switch to utilize them. A total count of ten should be more than sufficient to ensure a more stable set up. Consider these modifications:

- 2 Speed Lightning (not needed isince Artcozolt is not ment to attack)
- 2 Team Yell Grunt (not needed that bad with the speed boost)
- 2 Galarian Zigzagoon (two should suffice with Scoop Up Net)
- 2 Capture Energy (again there are better cards for this deck)
- 2 Air Balloon (I prefer switch since it also helps Jirachi)
- 1 Crobat V (with Jirachi one suffices)
- 3 Piers (run Bird Keeper instead)

+ 3 Jirachi SM8b (Jirachi is needed to set up two to three Arctozolt in time and in a more consistent manner)
+ 2 Hoopa S3 (the new Hoopa is a rather decent one-prize attacker and he synergizes with Jirachi a little)
+ 3 Bird Keeper (draw and simultaneous switch helps Jirachi a lot and you will see 8 cards in this process)
+ 3 Switch (helps to get Jirachi and Arctozolt out of the way)
+ 1 Hide Energy (free retreat is nice)

You can fill the two remaining slots with any combination of Dark City as an additional stadium and Basic Darkness Energy.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe it will be nothing more than a meme due to marnie, but if you did switch to birdkeeper you might test out starly, to get any two cards in hand with a free attack early on.

Also I think new hoopa will be better for sure.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Hi John InCENAroar,

Nice deck. I am with TSA123 on the need to include Jirachi in this deck to search out the Rare Fossil cards and other needed trainers. Recall that you have access to Bird Keeper in addition to Scoop Up Net and Switch to utilize them. A total count of ten should be more than sufficient to ensure a more stable set up. Consider these modifications:

- 2 Speed Lightning (not needed isince Artcozolt is not ment to attack)
- 2 Team Yell Grunt (not needed that bad with the speed boost)
- 2 Galarian Zigzagoon (two should suffice with Scoop Up Net)
- 2 Capture Energy (again there are better cards for this deck)
- 2 Air Balloon (I prefer switch since it also helps Jirachi)
- 1 Crobat V (with Jirachi one suffices)
- 3 Piers (run Bird Keeper instead)

+ 3 Jirachi SM8b (Jirachi is needed to set up two to three Arctozolt in time and in a more consistent manner)
+ 2 Hoopa S3 (the new Hoopa is a rather decent one-prize attacker and he synergizes with Jirachi a little)
+ 3 Bird Keeper (draw and simultaneous switch helps Jirachi a lot and you will see 8 cards in this process)
+ 3 Switch (helps to get Jirachi and Arctozolt out of the way)
+ 1 Hide Energy (free retreat is nice)

You can fill the two remaining slots with any combination of Dark City as an additional stadium and Basic Darkness Energy.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.
why is hoopa good
youre never gonna have it active for more than a turn unless you start it, so youre typically gonna not be able to attack with it
Did i misread the card?

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
why is hoopa good
youre never gonna have it active for more than a turn unless you start it, so youre typically gonna not be able to attack with it
Did i misread the card?
Maybe? Its basically a dark zapdos, hits 90 for 1 energy if it became active during your turn.