• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Counters (Decidueye)

AbyssalFrost

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
4x Decidueye, the main attacker of your deck, who also has protection from most mainstream decks.
4x rare candy, to evolve your Rowlet into Decidueye.
4x Rowlet, to evolve into Decidueye, and to occasionally get a free KO on a basic pokémon.
2x Tapu fini, to counter blacephalon decks
1x Mr. mime (with scoop up block), to prevent players from playing super scoop up net on their pokémon, and to counter Greedent decks.
1x Mimikyu (with heal block), to prevent players from using Mallow & Lana (as anything more than a switch, at least).
4x Weezing (with blown-away bomb), to be discarded with Roxie and to spread damage.
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
4x Bird keeper, to switch your active pokémon, draw cards, and trigger Rowlet's ability to let it attack for free.
4x Roxie, to draw cards (by discarding unneeded cards) and spread damage via Weezing.
4x Marnie, to disrupt opponents and draw cards.
4x pokegear 3.0, to draw your supporters when you need them.
4x evolution incense, to get your decidueyes, and your weezings.
4x quick ball, to search out your counters.
4x Lillie's poke doll, to stall if you can't get you Decidueyes out second turn.
Energy:
12x grass energy, to power up your pokémon.
Spoilers

(Stage Two) Decidueye (darkness ablaze) 140 hp. Type: grass. Ability: prevent all damage done to this pokémon by your opponent's pokémon GX and V. Attack (one grass one colorless): 90. This attack does twenty damage to two of your opponent's benched pokémon. Weakness: fire. Resistance: none. Retreat cost: two.

(Basic) Rowlet (darkness ablaze). 50 hp. type: grass. Ability: if you played Bird Beeper from your hand during this turn, ignore all energy in the attack costs of this pokémon. Attack (three colorless): this attack does sixty damage to one of your opponent's pokémon. Weakness: fire. Resistance: none. Retreat: one.

(basic) Mimikyu (darkness ablaze). 70 hp. Type: psychic. Ability: your opponent's benched pokémon can't be healed. Attack (one psychic one colorless): 30. Weakness: darkness. Resistance: (-20) fighting. Retreat: one.

(supporter) Bird Keeper (darkness ablaze). Switch your active pokémon with one of your benched pokémon. Then, draw three cards.

Strategy:

The point of this deck is to be able to defeat most mainstream decks. The purpose of Decidueye is to counter: all mainstream GX and V decks. The purpose of the rest of the deck is to counter other mainstream decks and to generally disrupt them. It had a wide array of pokémon and trainer cards to use. During the game, this deck is unlikely to use most of them, but Roxie disposes of the cards you don't nee while drawing more cards, while occasionally spreading damage. The deck's able to protect its pokémon through using bird keeper to switch for Lillie's poke doll. However, it can also be played to allow Rowlet to attack for free. Most cards in the deck have a double purpose like this or can counter a specific type of deck. This allows the deck to be versatile. I don't know if it will be a tournament winning deck, but it should be able to put up a fight against most widely played decks.

Last edited:
Maybe add one or 2 weakness guard energy’s in case you prize both Tapu Finis or end up playing against a different fire deck.

If it's not a single prize fire deck, weakness is irrelevant. Currently baby Blacephalon is the only relevant single prize fire attacker and is teched for already.
Out of curiosity why will baby Blacephalon be bad? Losing flint? Victini prism?

If it's not a single prize fire deck, weakness is irrelevant. Currently baby Blacephalon is the only relevant single prize fire attacker and is teched for already.
Out of curiosity why will baby Blacephalon be bad? Losing flint? Victini prism?

Both of them.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! By the way, I agree that Blacephalon will be worse when this comes out, but it's still the only mainstream fire deck that's not GX/V oriented (that I can think of), so I figured I might play 2 tapu fini to counter it. Also, a few players are playing ultra beasts (especially as techs), including Nihilego (in Dragapult for a very short period of time after the set is released), so it might provide a first and possibly second turn attack against those decks.

While there are some UB cards that will exist post-rotation, none of them are that solid. Blacephalon is far and away the best of them, but that doesn't mean it'll be good. What may serve as a nice starter mon instead is the Bird Kepper Starly that lets you search for cards for free if it's switched in.

Thank you for the comment. While I agree that Blacephalon will be worse after the rotation, it's the only fire deck I can think of that would auto-win against Decidueye. And while most people won't be playing it, a few probably will, which is why I'm playing Tapu Fini. In the end, its only two cards-both of which can be discarded by Roxie. Also, thank you for the suggestion of Starly as a first turn attacker, but the deck's plan for the first turn is to use Rowlet with bird keeper to get a free KO or use bird keeper to switch for a Lillie's poké doll if they would KO your active Rowlet, drawing cards either way and hopefully setting up to evolve into Decidueye next turn. If the deck goes first, it will attach an energy to Rowlet. As most decks won't be getting a KO first turn, the Rowlet can then evolve into Decidueye or bird keeper can get it out of harm's way.

Last edited:
Back