Galarian Slowbro Revealed, New 'Sword & Shield Expansion Pass' Trailer!

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm... I hope there’s still some surprises and a lot more new Pokémon to be shown.

I feel like SWSH had a limited number of new Pokémon in order to add more via the DLC packs to make them meatier content wise.

That and the fact that we are three sets into the TCG and every new Galarian Pokémon now has a card (except the DLC Pokémon). If XY and SM are anything to go by, there will be 12 sets before the next generation, covering SWSH, the DLC and probably a remake of some form.

I feel like there’s more updates and Pokémon to come.

PurgeEmoji123

Aspiring Trainer
The new Regis' i like the sound of now.
It's just the galarian Lgendary-Bird Trothat weirds me out. They look cool, but weird comparing to the original Kanto styles. I guess i'll just have to get used to it.
I'm also glad they are doing G max Blastoise & Venusaur. That Venusaur art looks great with the volcanic style but with the Blastoise i feel looks like an underwater volcano, or even just imagining it as one also weirds me out. I mean i like the sound of it just not the one cannon. i honestly don't know but i like it still. i wonder what it will look like in-game also knowing they arent just doing g-max charizard as the only g-max starter.

Last edited:

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
The new Regis' i like the sound of now.
It's just the galarian Lgendary-Bird Trothat weirds me out. They look cool, but weird comparing to the original Kanto styles. I guess i'll just have to get used to it.
They could have honestly gave them new names.

It’s Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash all over again. The names are there for nostalgia as the appearances are based on old Pokémon, but you lose the meaning of the names with types that are nothing close to what the name originally represented.

There’s nothing Ar(c)tic, Molten or Zap about the types of the Galarian birds.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
It sucks that i need the mobile pokemon home for the ha gen 8 starters, its not working when i try to link it.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
It's all fun and games until people get tired of Pokemon charging us $30+ for things we don't need, before the looting begins to just take the games for free.

Also, I heard some stores that carry high end sealed collector's items might get looted next. Watch out...

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
That and the fact that we are three sets into the TCG and every new Galarian Pokémon now has a card (except the DLC Pokémon). If XY and SM are anything to go by, there will be 12 sets before the next generation, covering SWSH, the DLC and probably a remake of some form.

I feel like there’s more updates and Pokémon to come.

This is the biggest hint for me as well. Why rush to print the entire Galar dex within 8 months (which, granted, seems like a long time now that I say it out loud) of the game's release if there aren't more Pokemon than just Galarian Slowbro, Kubfoo/Urshifu, and possibly Zarude to be added in this DLC? Adding just these 3 lines of Pokemon in IoA seems like nothing compared to the Regis, Galarian Bird Trio, Calyrex, and every single Box Legend in CrT.

So surely there are more Galarian formes hiding in this DLC, right? I think we'll hear about at least one of them by Friday of next week, and the rest may just be saved for a surprise.

Last edited:

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
the regis should have been electric and dark... for dark age and Light age
birds should have been Psiquatro, Slashcinco(electric/ground), Shadeseis
i wonder if there is something up with Peony's daughter. are they hiding her because she is a known character?

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
This is the biggest hint for me as well. Why rush to print the entire Galar dex within 8 months (which, granted, seems like a long time now that I say it out loud) of the game's release if there aren't more Pokemon than just Galarian Slowbro, Kubfoo/Urshifu, and possibly Zarude to be added in this DLC? Adding just these 3 lines of Pokemon in IoA seems like nothing compared to the Regis, Galarian Bird Trio, Calyrex, and every single Box Legend in CrT.

So surely there are more Galarian formes hiding in this DLC, right? I think we'll hear about at least one of them by Friday of next week, and the rest may just be saved for a surprise.

I would think there would be. Because, like we’ve both pointed out, we aren’t even a year into this new generation and the TCG side of the franchise is almost all complete with the Galar Dex. That’s just absurd going by the fact that generations last years. I like to think there’s a lot of unannounced Pokémon, brand new and Galarian forms, because that’s the only thing I can really think of that makes sense to keep SWSH and Galar relevant for the franchise as a whole for the next couple of years. I wouldn’t even be shocked if we get *another* Expansion Pass for 2021 or 2022 with even more Galar Dex Pokémon and a few new mythical/legendary Pokémon.

Overall, the handling of SWSH has been unprecedented within the franchise, so it’s really anyone’s guess as to how they do plan on keeping it interesting for another couple of years. I think DP remakes are inevitable, probably set for 2021. We could see SWSH get full blown sequels or they may just do an Expansion Pass 2. It will be interesting to watch it unfold.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I really really really really like Galarian Slowbro. Now I'm just annoyed that Megas aren't a thing anymore, because a Mega Evolved Galarian Slowbro would make me so happy.
I like Regieleki, but I don't like its name very much. Maybe it's just me, but it just doesn't slide off the tongue very well.
Regidrago is meh. I feel like there could be a better executed design for a Dragon Regi.
I kind of like the Galarian Legendary Birds. They'll probably grow on me in due course though.
The Soup function sounds so useful, it's been a pain having to either replace team members with GMax capable ones of the same species or be unable to Gmax at all.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I would think there would be. Because, like we’ve both pointed out, we aren’t even a year into this new generation and the TCG side of the franchise is almost all complete with the Galar Dex. That’s just absurd going by the fact that generations last years. I like to think there’s a lot of unannounced Pokémon, brand new and Galarian forms, because that’s the only thing I can really think of that makes sense to keep SWSH and Galar relevant for the franchise as a whole for the next couple of years. I wouldn’t even be shocked if we get *another* Expansion Pass for 2021 or 2022 with even more Galar Dex Pokémon and a few new mythical/legendary Pokémon.

Overall, the handling of SWSH has been unprecedented within the franchise, so it’s really anyone’s guess as to how they do plan on keeping it interesting for another couple of years. I think DP remakes are inevitable, probably set for 2021. We could see SWSH get full blown sequels or they may just do an Expansion Pass 2. It will be interesting to watch it unfold.

I think you are a little more optimistic than me haha, but I hope you're right. I don't think there's any more unannounced brand new Pokemon, but Galarian forms -- yes that's more likely. Especially considering that of those 21 new moves that leaked in the Home data, there are still very few accounted for.

Like you said though, I totally agree, I'm looking forward to watching how they play these next few years. It really is unprecedented. I admit am going to be holding my breath this week for a brand new Pokemon / Galarian form to drop out of nowhere!! After all, nothing generates hype and news like a brand new 'mon. It'll help the Expansion Pass sell in those final days before launch.